Author Topic: What is inside the water canons ?  (Read 60841 times)

TrxiZ

What is inside the water canons ?
« on: June 16, 2013, 13:34:13 PM »
We have several eyewitness reports that this water is not "normal water" coming from the water canons in turkey. protesters talking about pain and myterious heat even they ca not breath we will keep you updated on that issue:

Picture 1 - police mixing up the water canon with some chemicals or petrol ?

Picture2 shows injures of the "water" what chemical could do this, some protesters think it is petrol.

Linkback: http://www.wikileaks-forum.com/turkey/61/what-is-inside-the-water-canons/19550/
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 22:24:52 PM by T®²³ »

TrxiZ

Re: What is inside the water canons ?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 13:47:52 PM »
Eyewitness report from a german student at the moment in turkey:

"Hi I am Paul B. an Erasmus student from Germany in Turkey at Ankara metu. A friend of mine post your question about I some body here ore see something related to chemicals in the water kanons of the police. I herd from people here that they get burnings at level 2 and 3 from the water.

Also I know from my one experience that it is no usual water. The week before last week at Tuesday in Ankara at the demonstration at Kennedy street. Me and a friend of mine where on our way back home around 01:00 in the night, where we get in to a clash between demonstrators and police.

The police start to shoot water in my direction. After that it was hard to even breath. It is not the same than the tear gas. Your eyes don't burn. Its only the breathing which was effected. You have to cough the hole time and your throat starts to hurt. How it is to get the water direct on your skin I don't know till now, and I hope I don't will further."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 13:52:06 PM by T®²³ »

TrxiZ

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 14:29:32 PM »
This pictures show something interessting. Take A Look.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Any Explainations on this ?

Picture 1 shows turkish police forece fill up a TOMA water canon with some peper cs gas (Jenix OS)
http://www.polismarketim.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=500

Piture 2 shows UN Number 0303 that is that stuff - http://www.health-safety-signs.uk.com/cgi/products.pl?signs=hazchem_detail&id=176&un=UN0303
(but this may not contain in the water)
we show that picture anyway.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 22:25:45 PM by T®²³ »

Offline mayya

• Administrator
  • Reputation 154
Just add water : chemicals for improved water canons efficiency
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 15:45:54 PM »

http://papillon-liberte.blogspot.fr/2009/08/police-disclosure-on-chemical-agents.html?zx=f19b96e0800aca70

Here is a list of the chemicals  available    - Please note that it is not necessarily what the turkish police is using : 

MONDAY, AUGUST 3, 2009

Police disclosure on chemical agents used in their water cannons?

What is the margin of safety between incapacitating dose vis a vis lethal dose for the various chemical agents used as crowd control devices or as close quarter personal incapacitant sprays?

The types of chemical agents used in water cannon in law enforcement worldwide include the following:

a) CS (o-chlorobenzylidene malononitrile) - is a white crystalline solid,believed to be more effective and safer than

b) CN (chloroacetophenone), which is believed to have a greater toxicity than CS, although it is not as potent and would therefore require larger amounts to be used to achieve the same effects. In consequence, the margin of safety between incapacitating dose and lethal dose for CN is much less than that for CS.

c) Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) is the oily extract (oleoresin) of the species Capsicum (peppers) and is a complex mixture of over one hundred volatile compounds. The active ingredients of OC, i.e. those components which cause the burning sensation and pain, are called capsaicinoids, the main one of which is called capsaicin. Capsaicin, and some other capsaicinoids, are used as topical treatments for painful conditions, as they selectively affect a part of the nervous system involved with pain sensations, resulting in the production of pain, with subsequent desensitisation to pain. The proportion of each of the capsaicinoids, and the total capsaicinoid content, of OC sprays varies between different manufacturers and between batches, as the composition differs, based on species of capsicum, time harvested and portion of the plant used. Although there has been much toxicological testing carried out on capsaicin over the years, this is not so for OC as a whole or for many of the other capsaicinoids. Hence, the lack of toxicological information on OC.

d) PAVA (pelargonic acid vanillylamide), also commonly known as nonivamide, is a capsaicinoid which occurs naturally in OC and which is less pungent than capsaicin, although it is believed to work in the same way. In recent years, it has become available for use as an incapacitant spray and is produced synthetically for this purpose. PAVA is believed to have the following potential advantages over OC: it is a single compound, and therefore it would be easier to obtain all of the toxicological information necessary than would be the case for OC; also, as it is a single compound which is produced synthetically, it is of reproducible quality and pungency and not subject to the variations in strength and effectiveness which occur with OC products. At present, PAVA has gone through a number of toxicological tests, although as yet, not enough information is available to be able to recommend the use of PAVA in an incapacitant spray or other method of dissemination.

e) CR (Dibenz (b.f.)-1:4-oxazepine), does not break down in water which would lead to problems with decontamination after use.

During the recent Mansuh ISA rally last Saturday (1/8/2009) the police FRUs had excessively used the water cannon against people who were present for a peaceful rally to submit a memorandum to the King. In the course of their spraying, unsuspecting members of the public including children were not spared.
Are the enforcement personnel over-zealous in discharging their duties or are they trying out the chemical agents on protestors as an opportunity to test the effectiveness of the chemical agents?

It would be in the best interest of the public that the police department disclose what kind of chemical agents are being used and any long-term effects from
exposure to such chemicals. There should be a public disclosure as to the dosage levels in the use of such chemical agents not exceeding the permitted limits.

This matter should be brought to Parliament's attention by Opposition MPs/ADUNS.

POSTED BY PAPILLONLIBERTE AT 12:28 PM
LABELS: POLICE BRUTALITY, VIOLATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS

TrxiZ

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 16:17:00 PM »
Thanks for posting this. I think people should wear in all cases more water absorbing cloths.

even they could use cling film on the parts of the body that are not good protected. should be available in every house and is easy to use.

this will maybe not protect all of your body but could help not every part of the skin will get hurt so heavy.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 22:26:25 PM by T®²³ »

TrxiZ

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 19:22:13 PM »
This site was sent to us:

http://www.jenixbibergazi.com/en/subpro.asp?id=7

picture of it:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 22:26:51 PM by T®²³ »

TrxiZ

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 20:59:02 PM »
A video shows injuries after a water cannon attack.

watch here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=450664461696525

(sent by eyewitness)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 21:02:49 PM by T®²³ »

Offline gwiki

• New Member Group
  • Reputation 0
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 21:20:04 PM »
Volunteer Translation Ein deutscher Augenzeuge aus der Türkei berichtet:

''Hi mein Name ist Paul B. ich bin Erasmus Student aus Deutschland und befinde mich in der Hauptstadt Ankara/ Türkei. Ein Freund von mir postete über Eure Frage, ob es jemande gebe, der wüsste, ob sich chemische Stoffe in den Wasserwerfern der Polizei befinde. İch hörte von einigen Menschen hier, dass sie Verbrennungen von dem Wasser in 2. - 3. Grades haben.
Ich weiß aus eigener Erfahrung, dass es sich hierbei nicht nur um normales Wasser handelt. Vor ca. 2 Wochen an einem Dienstag, waren viele an der Demonstration in Ankara. Mein Freund und ich waren auf dem Rückweg nach Hause so gegen 1.00Uhr Nachts, als wir mit den Demonstranten und der Polizei zusammen stießen.
Die Polizei begann mit Wasserwerfern direkt in meine Richtung zu schlagen. Danach fiel es mir sehr schwer zu atmen, ich bekam fast keine Luft. Es ist nicht das selbe wie Tränengas. Deine Augen brennen davon nicht. Es war nur die Atmung, die es traf. Man musste dauernd husten, und mein Hals tat unheimlich weh.
Wie das Wasser direkt auf meine Haut kam, weiß ich bis jetzt noch immer nicht. İch weiß echt nicht mehr weiter...

Wikileaks Forum is not accountable for translator errors

« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 20:07:49 PM by T®²³ »

enrica

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 09:13:51 AM »
Italian State tv and journals yesterday reported the Turkish police's watercanons contained chemical substances and the TV even mentioned "adid"  :-\

Turkey: clashes continue in Taksim Square. 'Chemicals in the watercanons'
A million in the streets for Erdogan, who says: 'My duty' cleaning up 'Gezi Park'.

Original: http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/mondo/2013/06/13/Turchia-Erdogan-pazienza-finita_8864426.html
Google translate: http://translate.google.it/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ansa.it%2Fweb%2Fnotizie%2Frubriche%2Fmondo%2F2013%2F06%2F13%2FTurchia-Erdogan-pazienza-finita_8864426.html

Offline EmmanuelGoldstein⌛

• Reputation 32
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 19:35:20 PM »
Notice the Hebrew on the "Ammunition smoke" photo? Is that chemical or whatever it is come from Israel??  :o

"The Brotherhood cannot be wiped out because it is not an organisation in the ordinary sense. Nothing holds it together except an idea which is indestructible." -1984

I am not "Emmanuel Goldstein" of the magazine 2600. My username is derived from 1984.

TrxiZ

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 20:16:06 PM »
Interessting Point

Erdogan is doing a lot Business with Israel even Syria we have some interessting GiFiles about.

http://intelligenceleaks.wordpress.com/category/turkey/

or here

http://www.wikileaks-forum.com/index.php/topic,17615.msg44921.html#msg44921

enrica

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 10:49:43 AM »
Notice the Hebrew on the "Ammunition smoke" photo? Is that chemical or whatever it is come from Israel??  :o

May be it was fabricated there...

Well, so, who uses chemical "weapons" now ??  ::)

TrxiZ

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 12:54:11 PM »
the image hoster anony.ws is under attack thats why you cant see pictures at the moment here. as usual all pictures are backed up and will be uploaded later that day again. this is also gulity for DHS PRISM 2004. and several threads with pictures.

TrxiZ

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 22:27:24 PM »
All Pictures are reuploaded on a different hoster.

Truth Will Out.

Howard Bourne

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 17:11:34 PM »

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
India rape protesters blasted by water canons

Started by jujyjuji

0 Replies
Last post June 02, 2014, 11:59:35 AM
by jujyjuji
xx