Author Topic: WikiLeaks Press Release: New Assange TV Series  (Read 8885 times)

m_cetera

WikiLeaks Press Release: New Assange TV Series
« on: January 24, 2012, 01:04:00 AM »
23 January 2012, 23:00 GMT

Julian Assange will be hosting a series of in-depth conversations with key political players, thinkers and revolutionaries from around the world. The theme: the world tomorrow.

Upheavals and revolutions in the Middle East have commenced an era of political change that is still unfolding. In the West, the deterioration of the rule of law has demonstrated the bankruptcy of once leading political institutions and ideologies. The internet has never been so strong, or so much under attack.

At this pivotal moment there is an awareness of the need to radically rethink the world around us.

WikiLeaks, as the world’s boldest publisher, has been at the front line of this global movement for understanding and change. Its founder, Julian Assange, as the subject of an ongoing Grand Jury investigation in the United States for over 500 days now, is one of the world’s most recognizable revolutionary figures.

Both a pioneer for a more just world and a victim of political repression, he is uniquely placed to catalyse a global discussion on how to go forward.

In recognition of this, Assange will draw together controversial voices from across the political spectrum - iconoclasts, visionaries and power insiders - each to offer a window on the world tomorrow and their ideas on how to secure a brighter future.

Julian Assange says: “Through this series I will explore the possibilities for our future in conversations with those who are shaping it. Are we heading towards utopia, or dystopia and how we can set our paths? This is an exciting opportunity to discuss the vision of my guests in a new style of show that examines their philosophies and struggles in a deeper and clearer way than has been done before.”

The series will begin airing in mid-March, in ten weekly half-hour episodes. Initial licensing commitments cover over 600 million viewers across cable, satellite and terrestrial broadcast networks. To enquire about licensing the series for your region contact [email protected].

Press release authorized by Julian Assange

http://wikileaks.org/New-Assange-TV-Series.html

Offline Petitemuse

• Reputation 11
Re: WikiLeaks Press Release: New Assange TV Series
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 01:49:53 AM »
Really, this is awesome! I just hope that he wins the trial!

Flavia

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 11:01:08 AM »
and I hope those series of conversations will help JA and WL from the financial point of view...it's time for  JA to be paid
for his job.

greekemmy

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 11:13:22 AM »
Good information Fanyajuu, thank you for posting :)

So we have RT as first media organisation to air the Assange TV series, well we shall all be glued to our screens.

I read an article on the Guardian on line yesterday asking the question "The WikiLeaks founder has announced plans to host his own TV show, so who would you like to see interviewed?" although the actual article did not offer a particular interesting read, the question asked did catch my attention. I don't have a wish list, but I did think of (quick before he leaves this world - he is an old man) our best of the best Greek composer (and not just) Mikis Theodorakis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikis_Theodorakis

Flavia

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 11:55:08 AM »
Theodorakis old? he's just 86...so, no problem  ;D

may I suggest the name of Stéphane Hessel (94-year-old), today one of the most influent thinker,
author of the pamphlet "Indignez-vous!" (engl. transl. "Time for Outrage!")? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St%C3%A9phane_Hessel

greekemmy

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 12:41:32 PM »
@ Flavia

You are so right! I like your recommendation and thanks for introducing me to Stephane Hessel. I wonder whether my local library stocks it or be willing to bring it in. I will ask today and see what they say.

and I quote from your source:

"Time for Outrage!

In October 2010, his essay, Time for Outrage! (original French title: Indignez-vous!), was published in an edition of 6,000 copies (ISBN 978-1455509720 ). It has sold more than 3.5 million copies worldwide[13] and has been translated into Basque, Catalan,[14] Italian,[3] German.[2] Greek, Portuguese,[3] Slovenian,[15] Spanish,[3] Croatian, and Hebrew.[16] Translations into Korean, Japanese, Hungarian, Swedish and other languages are planned. In the United States, The Nation magazine's March 7–14, 2011 issue published the entire essay in English.[3][17]

Hessel's booklet argues that the French need to again become outraged, as were those who participated in the Resistance during World War II. Hessel's reasons for personal outrage include the growing gap between the very rich and the very poor, France's treatment of its illegal immigrants, the need to re-establish a free press, the need to protect the environment, importance of protecting the French welfare system,[3] and the plight of Palestinians, recommending that people read the September 2009 Goldstone Report.[18] He calls for peaceful and non-violent insurrection.[18]

In 2011, one of the names given to the Spanish protests against corruption and bipartisan politics was Los Indignados (the outraged), taken from the title of the book's translation there (¡Indignaos!). These protests, in conjunction with the Arab Spring, later helped to inspire other protests in many countries, including Greece, UK, Chile, Israel, and Occupy Wall Street which began in New York's financial district, but has now spread across the United States and numerous other countries. Ongoing protests in Mexico challenging corruption, drug cartel violence, economic hardship and policies also have been called the Indignados.[19]
"

I hope both our "old men" get onto the show, and I think we both agree to be volunteers for "Live audience" we can  challenge each other onto a clapping competition - lol, I mean you've got to laugh when terms like "talk show" "chat show" are being used for these interviews but how else do you describe them? coin a new term? I suggest "The talks that change the World" or "Stop and Listen!" or "Action! - Talk" , yes the last one sounds good, anything other than "show".

Nomad112

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 13:25:51 PM »
Oh, I have another one; I would like to hear a bit more from Gene Sharp, mostly known for his writings on non-violent resistance (he will turn 84 in in two days, he is the young one in our "wanted-list").  :)

Flavia

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 14:23:59 PM »
@emmy
yes..."Action!- Talk" sounds as the best...another one might be "Assange talks!", like "Garbo talks!" ;D http://www.garboforever.com/Film-20.htm

@nomad
ok, your candidate is the youngest...now we should think about somebody belonging to the generations 1940-1990  ;D

Offline Signhilde

• Board Translator
  • Reputation 79
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 16:59:40 PM »
This will be great! Last year there were three women who shared the Nobel Peace Price. They are interesting!

Offline illuminati

• New Member Group
  • Reputation 0
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 18:05:12 PM »
great!!! ;)

Offline mdaeleman1967

• New Member Group
  • Reputation 1
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 19:15:05 PM »
What about Carne Ross and Rory Stewart. They have interesting things to say. Could be really great. I"m so looking forward to the series.

Offline HackTrick

• New Member Group
  • Reputation 0
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 01:09:31 AM »
Julian Assange in conversation with Noam Chomsky would be awesome! And another with Slavoj Zizek.

Offline Theromon

• New Member Group
  • Reputation 0
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 02:01:59 AM »
This could be a fantastic opportunity for both Wikileaks and Julian Assange to attract and speak to a wider audience of those less familiar with either.

Offline devulapallimurti

• New Member Group
  • Reputation 0
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 03:30:59 AM »
It is the most welcome sign from wiki leaks/Assange

Offline HackTrick

• New Member Group
  • Reputation 0
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 07:03:10 AM »
Any info on possible people he will be speaking with?

exclamation
WikiLeaks Press Release: Julian Assange statement

Started by enrica

0 Replies
Last post August 16, 2012, 17:04:37 PM
by enrica
xx
WikiLeaks Press Release:Julian Assange Correspondence with The Fifth Estate Star

Started by mayya

2 Replies
Last post October 22, 2013, 09:17:46 AM
by enrica
exclamation
Press Release: WikiLeaks GI Files Presidential Campaign Release

Started by Irien

0 Replies
Last post October 10, 2012, 19:52:59 PM
by Irien
xx
WikiLeaks Press Release: Full Assange Yoko Ono Courage Award acceptance speech