Author Topic: Could this clear Assange?  (Read 5157 times)

Offline MorganGamer3

• Freedom Speech is human Right! And so is Knowledge
Could this clear Assange?
« on: February 19, 2014, 16:02:01 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2193641/Julian-Assange-rape-claim-Is-photo-clear-him.html

"Photo with the woman who claimed he sexually assaulted her 48 hours earlier" 

Either she has serious issues with Julian or she's just framing him.

What do you guys think?

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
Re: Could this clear Assange?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 17:54:00 PM »
Hi MorganGamer3, 

I have seen that photo a while back in the media. I know that this controversial court case has been a topic of debate in the public media for quite sometime. 

I do not think that the photo will clear him of the allegations. The term "rape" in this case has always been a subject of debate. The women in the photo that went to the Swedish authorities, went there to try and get assistance in getting Julian Assange to take an HIV test because she felt she had been exposed to a sexually transmitted disease. Then it was the Swedish authorities that decided that if Julian Assange had knowing had unprotected sex with a person while he knew himself to be HIV positive, that could lead to criminal charges. Since the whole investigation has never been completed due to the delay of questioning Assange further, the criminal charges still have not been decided. 

My interpretation of the events are not set in stone, they are only my personal interpretation of course and I claim that disclaimer because so many very ardent Assange supporters would probably disagree with every single thing I have stated. I am not here to prove anything to anyone, and I reserve the right to make up my own mind on what I personally choose to believe. :-)

I appreciate your concern in this matter, but just be aware that the entire case has already been discussed and debated in the media for years now, and still, nothing will ever be decided until the full investigation is completed. That is something that obviously is not going to be completed anytime soon....
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline MorganGamer3

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 19:38:10 PM »
Oh Okay! :) Sorry. :/

I totally respect your views and beliefs.

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 19:44:22 PM »
..and I totally respect your views and beliefs too. :-)
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline MorganGamer3

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 20:07:43 PM »
Cheers mate :)