Author Topic: Contact the European Court of Human Rigts to Defend Julian Assange  (Read 22641 times)

enrica

Contact the European Court of Human Rigts to Defend
Julian Assange

---

The UK Supreme Court has today decided that Julian Assange can be extrdited to Sweden.
Julian Assange has been detained at house arrests for 541 days without charges and now, if extradited to Sweden, risks to be extradited back to US facing accuses of expionage.
In US a A secret Grand Jury on WikiLeaks has now been active in the US for 624 days.

Julian Assange has now 14 days to appeal the European Court of Human Rights to avoid the extradition.

---

Let's TAKE ACTION  and Contact the to European Court of Human Rights Defend Julian Assange and Protest againt his extradition!

Here one can find the Eu.Court of Human Rights Contacts:
http://www.echr.coe.int/ECHR/EN/Bottom/Contact/

Contacting the Court:

Electronic forms are now available online for questions about the Court and how it works.  To access the electronic forms, click on the link: Contact the Court: http://appform.echr.coe.int/echrrequest/request.aspx?lang=gb

Access to the Court:

European Court of Human Rights
Council of Europe
67075 Strasbourg Cedex
France
Tel : +33 (0)3 88 41 20 18
Fax : +33 (0)3 88 41 27 30
List of public and other holidays

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:01:21 AM by isis »

Offline Pond

Re: Contact the European Court of Human Rigts to Defend Julian Assange
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 12:40:35 PM »
Just sent.

Hi, I'd like to ask this Court of Human Rights to take in consideration the Human Rights of Julian Assange.
Today the UK Supreme Court has decided he can be extradited to Sweden to be interrogated on "alleged sexual harassment" that haven't been prooved. Notice that J.Assange has Never been charged in any country for any crime. Julian Assange has now been under house arrest without charge for 541 days.
If J.Assange is extradited to Sweden there is a high risk he is extradited back in U.S. to face accuses of expionage. A secret Grand Jury on WikiLeaks has now been active in the US for 624 days.
I'm wrighting to this Court to ask for protection of a person, an innocent person as he isn't charged of anything, that is now detained without any charge on the European soil.
I'm asking this Court to accept his appeal against extradition to Sweden.
I'm asking this Court to take in account that if J.Assange goes to Sweden there is a very high risk that an innocent (himself) is re-extradited to another country (the U.S.) where he could even face life imprisonment or death penality.
I think the European Court of Human Rights must defend an innocent person, a journalist, actually detained on the European soil in UK, from attacks to his own security.
Thanks for taking this communication in consideration.

Signature - an european/* citizien

If you have other ideas/kind of messages please add!

Offline Ashi

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 13:20:56 PM »
Idem, sent!

Offline anon1984

• Demons run when a good man goes to war.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 18:40:55 PM »
The FoWL groups will issue a letter tomorrow which will then be translated into several languages (like it happened with the Statement of Support). We'll then encourage everyone who is not sure how to write such a letter to use our letter :)
[The] truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but there it is.
- Winston Churchill

Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke. - Joss Whedon

enrica

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 19:50:56 PM »
Great anon1984 post it here when it's ready!
So everybody can send it too.

Flavia

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 20:41:34 PM »
I agree with isis...it's better sending a standard letter, just to avoid mistakes (I guess we can't address the Court with "Hi!")...ok, I know that what counts is the content not the forms, but even a well written letter is important in this case.

Offline Petitemuse

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 21:48:42 PM »
IMPORTANT ANOTHER IDEA!

Since the whole thing is about the EAW, I'm also written letters to the Pirate Parties of Europe, and the US to support him, I thought about writing a letter to both the UK and Sweden about the Reforming the EAW, by looking at the Human Rights Laws of Europe. What do you guys think.

I'm pretty good at writing letters, let me know I can help!

Offline Irien

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 21:58:54 PM »
I wonder if it would be pertinent or not to remind the court that it has already judged that a prosecutor is not a judicial authority?

Something like that:

" I (We, if it takes the form of a petition)  have read that the court has already judged that a prosecutor is not a judicial authority, at least in two occasions: arrêt (judgement) Medvedyev contre France (number still to find) and arrêt Moulin contre France n°37104/06.

Of course it is not to me (us) to teach you your job, ( find something more polite) and it is free to you to considerate if technically, on the single point of view of law and jurisprudence, the Assange case is similar, or not, to the two judgements above. But, I, as a simple citizen, I would like to call your attention on the threats for his human rights, if the court decides that his extradition is legal."

It is just an idea, forget it if it is not adequate!  :)

edit: 3394/03 for arrêt Medvedyev

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 22:10:13 PM by Irien »

Offline milicak

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 01:37:14 AM »
whether the letter signed by a FoWL group or we as individuals?

Offline Arduina

• cognitive dissidence
  • Transparency 4 the state-Privacy 4 the rest of us!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 07:35:22 AM »
Sending an electronic mail as well as paper mail. Thank you Isis.
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government,owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship.FDR

enrica

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 07:59:17 AM »
Nope and Thanks back to you Arduina for finding the link for contacting ;)

I've used "Ask for" in the first box.
Chosen my "profession" in the second... And here's the space to write.
One has just to write the text and send.

If FoWL will have their own letter it will be something very good to be sent.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 19:02:02 PM by Arduina »

Offline anon1984

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 09:28:13 AM »
Irien, thanks, great you found those two cases and even the numbers! Have included it in the letter :)

Do you consider 1 page too long?
[The] truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but there it is.
- Winston Churchill

Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke. - Joss Whedon

Offline anon1984

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 16:51:09 PM »
Our letter is just being revised by other FoWL groups, it will be ready to be sent out soon. One problem though - the European Court for Human Rights might not really be the place to send our letters, since they cannot base their judgement on our protests.
It could be sent out to the media as an open letter though.

People in the UK might send our letter to their MPs.

Generally it can be sent to politicians in all countries, if you modify it slightly - it can then be used to ask them to publicly support Julian Assange, or maybe to offer him political asylum (like Tunisia did).

People in Sweden should probably be asking authorities to guarantee that JA will not be extradited to the USA - which they have refused to do up to now.

I also like Petitemuse's suggestion  :)

Again: letter coming soon! Be prepared ;) Any further suggestions where to send our letter?
- Winston Churchill

Offline Arduina

• cognitive dissidence
  • Transparency 4 the state-Privacy 4 the rest of us!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 18:20:10 PM »
Goo point anon1984. I say we send it to both the European Court for Human Rights as well as the media as an open letter! :)
Also we can have an online petition.
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government,owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship.FDR

Flavia

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 20:23:35 PM »
@anon1984
It doesn't matter if the European court for human rights can't base their judgement on our protests. I still consider a good idea sending them a letter of support on behalf for JA. As to the
media, they often seem not to give a damned about supporting JA, but we can
try. As to the petition, it might be launched via Avaaz.