Author Topic: Egypt security building stormed  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Sprawlie

Egypt security building stormed
« on: March 05, 2011, 22:31:31 PM »
The headquarters of Egypt's state security force in Alexandria have been stormed by egyptian protesters trying to prevent officials from burning documents. After demands from the protesters to the officers inside to come out, they stormed the building, had a struggle with the riot police and caught the officers destroying documents which are said to contain details about torture and abuse.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/03/201134228359128.html

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 20:25:52 PM by SPRAWL »
‎If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is.

Offline Sprawlie

Re: Egypt security building stormed
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 15:43:17 PM »
‎If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is.

Offline Sprawlie

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 16:10:40 PM »
And now there´s Nasr (eastern Cairo):
http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/340733

Thousands of Egyptians roamed through the State Security headquarters in Nasr City for hours on Saturday night, reading and collecting classified material.

Zakareya Abdel Aziz, former head of Egypt’s judges club, arrived with representatives from the attorney general’s office at 9PM to receive documents, computer hard drives, tapes and shredded papers that the protesters had collected.

After demonstrating in front of the building for hours, a few protesters finally found themselves able to get in through a side door that was not heavily protected. The military then opened the main gate and allowed more protesters in.

Storming The SS Headquarters In Nasr City, Egypt

Offline Sprawlie

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 20:25:10 PM »

According to Reuters Egypt has now ordered an arrest of 47 officers who took part of burning the documents containing classified information regarding torture and abuse. The officers will be held for 15 days during an investigation.

http://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFTRE7264QJ20110307

Offline Fuehrer

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 21:47:22 PM »
I am from Alexandria and proud to admit it was the best day of my life . this building was the torture center in alex for decades . and the protesters went there peacefully to demand cancellation of state security police based on their long history of massacre against egyptians . but officers went mad panicked from the  siege held by protesters  led them to fire barrage of bullets and molotov cocktails against the protesters , thereby the protesters went mad and insisted on storming the building and prevent them from burning and ripping the documents . it was not an unreasonable riot whatsoever.
thank you for the topic and I like your follow up . :)

Offline Sprawlie

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 14:02:33 PM »
@Fuehrer:
It is really interesting to hear about this from the perspective of someone who is actually living this. Of course the riot was not unreasonable. Your people are very brave and these news are important. It seems to me that there is still a lot going on. How are things right now? I guess this will be a long process and that things have not yet actually settled down? My thoughts are with you.

Offline Fuehrer

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 18:09:37 PM »
@Fuehrer:
It is really interesting to hear about this from the perspective of someone who is actually living this. Of course the riot was not unreasonable. Your people are very brave and these news are important. It seems to me that there is still a lot going on. How are things right now? I guess this will be a long process and that things have not yet actually settled down? My thoughts are with you.

long way for the situation to be settled down , the  police officers ( 1.4 million  ) refuses to return to the street , they insist on their relentless hubris way of treating  people and refuses to be blamed for killing innocents , thereby they refuse any charge for any officer , like ( Wael El Koomy ) this thug killed more than 20 people including babies were in theire homes when  bullets penetrated their windows , in (Friday 28)  .. and his colleagues accused the people of annoying him !
annoying police officers here means a massacre like that !
and demanding to get revenge by the court from the murderers deserve to punish the whole community by sleeping home and let the criminals in the street to terrorize people all over Egypt ! that is the bleak situation right now . in addition to that , unreasonable sectarian demonstration from coptic christian raised by fanatic priests against muslims   demanding security , ignoring the critical situation we live right now . I hope everything to be normalized soon . 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 18:14:50 PM by Fuehrer »