Author Topic: Lulzsec Releases Arizona Police Data  (Read 8889 times)

Offline uncensored

• Good-Men do not create victims - they protect them
Lulzsec Releases Arizona Police Data
« on: June 24, 2011, 09:16:09 AM »
A couple of links on Twitter about their attack  are at the end of this short news brief.

Hackers Release Arizona Police Data
LulzSec, the hacking group, is getting political. In its latest operation, called “F**k the border patrol,” the group has released personal data belonging to Arizona law enforcement—retaliation for the state’s harsh immigration law. The group said that they plan to release more classified information every week “in an effort not just to reveal [Arizona law enforcement’s] racist and corrupt nature but to purposefully sabotage their efforts to terrorize communities fighting an unjust ‘war on drugs.’” This is the group’s first hacking motivated by a political agenda; until now the group had acted in the name of “lulz.”
http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/23/lulzsec-releases-arizona-law-enforcement-data-in-retaliation-for-immigration-law/

https://th3j35t3r.wordpress.com/
Good-Men  do not create victims - they comfort and defend them

Offline Nefn

Re: Lulzsec Releases Arizona Police Data
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 22:19:54 PM »
I think it is pertinent to mention that whoever calls himself "the jester" (th3j35t3r) is, from the little I have heard of him, biased against Wikileaks.

Offline uncensored

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 00:22:25 AM »
http://www.unveillance.com/latest-news/unveillance-official-statement/
 The lulzsec have taken a bit of a turn -  also flat out demaning payment from this business  they had hacked. 
I can not help but think of the amazing and good things they could be doing with their talents. 
Though I wonder how other hackers would view their skill level.

Offline uncensored

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 01:27:11 AM »
I think it is pertinent to mention that whoever calls himself "the jester" (th3j35t3r) is, from the little I have heard of him, biased against Wikileaks.

Really? I only came to  see  his tweets  as relates to  Lulzsec

julia

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 08:15:44 AM »
I thought Lulzsec had said bye-bye already.. and now it seems that anon has taken on their mission.

Offline Quarkangel

• New Member Group
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 08:36:52 AM »
With all thats going on in our world it becomes difficult to sort out the heroes from the villains, when they all look like villains. The Government points fingers at lulzsec, lulzsec points fingers at the government. Governments commit crimes in the name of patriotism, hackers commit crimes in the name of freedom of information. In both cases, neither has their hands clean. The old saying that two wrongs don't make a right applies. MKULTRA is one factual historical example of the US Government committing crime in the name of patriotism, hacking organizations meant to protect us, such as the CIA is also a factual example of hacking crimes.

There is no one innocent in this computer war now, though I wager that there is a way to solve this all without so much as sql injection attack, or busting in to get steve jobs lost prototype Iphone.

I believe that both groups needs to gain some clarity, and do the right thing.

Offline uncensored

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 19:16:33 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/07/19/exclusive-fbi-raids-homes-suspected-anonymous-hackers/
Arrests this Tues morning in NY- USA.  Anon responded on Twitter that no amount of arrests would stop   Anon.

julia

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 22:05:19 PM »
I agree , the arrests are not going to stop them. I think the reactions of the governments are very primary. They always think in terms of "oh, who is attacking us" they are the ones afraid and paranoid. Instead of asking themselves : Ok why are these people hacking into our systems, what are we doing wrong" They put the thread and terrorist label. Anon has ethics they don't just hack for the lulz. People in the govt is so old fashioned and retrograde. The world has changed and they still operate like 100 years ago. They should stop thinking of threats and they should start thinking of allies and making things work for all. Yes, it's that simple. Just relax guys and accpet that world has changed with or without you  >:(

Offline uncensored

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 08:47:51 AM »
I thought Lulzsec had said bye-bye already.. and now it seems that anon has taken on their mission.
Todays arrest  of   "tflow"  who is said to be one of the major members of  Lulzsec.   Lulzsec is posting on  Twitter again.

julia

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 01:36:42 AM »
Ah ok, thanks. Sometimes I think Lulzsec are paid guys pretending to be hackers.. something doesn't quite match and I don't know what it is.. just an intuition.. but I might be wrong.

Offline uncensored

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 07:42:46 AM »
Ah ok, thanks. Sometimes I think Lulzsec are paid guys pretending to be hackers.. something doesn't quite match and I don't know what it is.. just an intuition.. but I might be wrong.

Right-  I think many  "hackers" of their sort  are paid  to create  unrest and a feeling that  things are  dangerous -  They don't  do much other then  cause a stir  and  hack things that don't really  change  anything for the better.   Though  I think the young ones  (tflow was 16) are following  leaders that  urge them to do  these foolish things - I  doubt these kids are being compensated   or  have thought out  the big picture.   I believe 45 were arrested world wide  -  some are just teenaged. 
There is a place for genuine use of  the  internet to  create positive change - rather then to do things like posting the  home addresses of  boarder police - there by  putting the officers children  at  risk for harm.
No lulz in  kids being hurt.

julia

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 03:32:36 AM »
@uncensored: Yes, what you describe seems quite possible. There must be people infiltrated and this is probably how it works. Some young people must be taken advantage of.
LulzSec  appeared all of a sudden and disappeared all of a sudden, this is very strange and  + their actions weren't very coherent.. as you say putting people in danger, it not for the Lulz.

Offline uncensored

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 06:47:33 AM »
@uncensored: Yes, what you describe seems quite possible. There must be people infiltrated and this is probably how it works. Some young people must be taken advantage of.
LulzSec  appeared all of a sudden and disappeared all of a sudden, this is very strange and  + their actions weren't very coherent.. as you say putting people in danger, it not for the Lulz.

Lulz has been active today on Twitter -  they wrote a note to the FBI and posted on Pastebin    They also tweeted a journalist  mobile #  charles auther  is the   tech editor for the guardian.  

Lulzsec  judged by  what  they have done - is not a positive force and  just is a distraction from  injustices that Need  media coverage.  They take the spot light away from  these  other issues  such as Bradley Manning  and  the  cartoonist that is  in  protective custody  because she  wanted to have a   draw Mohammed day.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/crime/4626-better-not-draw-mohammed

Sprawlie's note: edited to remove offensive link.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:43:35 AM by Sprawlie »

Offline uncensored

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 20:54:24 PM »