Author Topic: Dream of Uresia Union may come true!  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Sona Anand

Dream of Uresia Union may come true!
« on: October 15, 2011, 17:02:27 PM »
Prime-minister Vladimir Putin is going to be President of Russia next year. Although he started to behave like president already. Recently he hinted the changes in foreign policy.

Putin called for unity of nations who were part of USSR and to made Uresia Union! with out sacrificing sovereignty of these nations. Uresia Union will act as a bridge between Asia and Europe, he believes. People are supporting this concept as it sounds credible.

Although Putin thinks that reunion of USSR is impossible, countries with new political and economical policies should come together is need of time. After the formation of Uresia Union Lisbon to Vladivostok route of trade and business will be open.

Last year Putin signed free trade agreement with Europe. Some believes that this stand may effect Medvedev's effort to get closer United States. Still the kind of hold Putin has in government will make easier path for formation of ' Uresia Union' .
Jai Hind!

Offline allect

Re: Dream of Uresia Union may come true!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 19:56:27 PM »
Revival of the USSR's model is not impossible. There are many simple reasons for it:
absence of main ideology (communism)
absolute corruption of the government
economy degradation
nationalism in the nearest states

and there are no money for new revolution!

The USSR has been based on  Stalin's reprisals. (Half of my family was killed by Stalin’s system).
We don't want it again.

greekemmy

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 22:57:52 PM »
Thank you Sona Anand for your post, very informative. Do you have any links on the subject so we can read up more about it?

I personally agree with allect but on the other hand look at the Commonwealth, that has come up post colonial Britain.

Is this what is proposed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Nations

Offline allect

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 16:34:36 PM »
From the point of view of Russian politicians the model for the new union is the EU.
Don't trust this rhetoric!
The standard of living falls in Russia. It is result of crisis. Putin does not promise anything good. He distracts attention from problems.
Now we have this political phantom but we have not normal salary.

Offline allect

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 18:32:18 PM »
Putin's original text about the union:

http://www.izvestia.ru/news/502761

(Don't fall asleep!)

greekemmy

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 21:03:47 PM »
allect, I only had about 6 lessons of Russian in my life, can't say much more than: "Minia zavut Emmy, kak dila?" so your izvestia article is lost on me, sorry. Still,  I read the Telegraph article with great interest. Many years ago I visited St. Petersburg and loved it and ofcourse due to my age I remember well when it was called Leningrad. In fact, as I arrived by multipurpose cargo vessel via the Baltic sea, and remember well the metal framework construction which formed the word  Leningrad in Russian, still there after the re-naming. I liked that, I thought it was an indication of a nation in peace with its past.

Also, I found Greeks and Russians as people shared common heritage and culture, although there is no place like St.Petersburg, the Venice of the North, anywhere in Greece (thank goodness though we don't have its cold winters either).

What you say about Eurasia Union (Uresia) is interesting. But tell me, have there been talks at all about Russia actually joining EU?

I know that traditionally even going back to the Russia of the Tsars there was immense political competition between the British Empire, and French too (Napoleon afterall reached Russia in his sweeping polemic across Europe) and then with USSR too it was ofcourse the cold war and the competition with USA and Europe but how about now. Is EU still seen as a competitor? as a threat?

I think I would like to read a bit more about Russian politics and Uresia before I feel I can express opinions on the subject.

Offline allect

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 11:16:13 AM »
Γεια σας, Greekemmy!
I use online translator.

The article is bad. Don’t translate it. It is the first Putin’s experience in journalism. And this experience is awful.

Eurasia Union creation is impossible. One simple reason: Putin has spoiled relations with all heads of all states. (Bzhesinski says about it.) 
Putin has one freand Berluscony (but we know Berluscony's reputation).

I was in Petersburg in 2001. It’s a gloomy city.
I prefer to visit Greece. I had good rest on Rhodes and Crete in 2008 and in 2010. Greece is the best country of the world!
(I have Greek roots). But I never  learned Greek.

Offline allect

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 13:36:54 PM »
The question on the union of Russia and the EU doesn't exist. Problems of Russia (a low standard of living, corruption, criminality, bad neighbors, slavary) aren't necessary to Europe.

Russia isn't the competition of Europe. The simple statistics:
Quantity of migrants from Russia in Greece are 500 000 persons. Russian community includes 3 400 000 persons in German. From Europe nobody has arrived to Russia.
Putin becomes the president. For this reason 52 % of the population want to leave Russia.
Wait us!
Is not kompetition. As said greek Zorba it is fool katastrithy. 

greekemmy

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 22:02:19 PM »
Allect, my friend, quickly, we must find something to disagree otherwise we shall find ourselves drinking vodka and dancing sirtaki for ever, and we shall be of no use to anyone  ;) you are great fun!

In the meanwhile, give us some more links to learn a bit about Russian politics, please and thank you.

I have looked up Bzhesinski and came up with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbigniew_Brzezinski

is he the one you mean?

Offline allect

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 22:36:36 PM »
Yes.
"...To increase quantity of enemies ... bad idea...Your prime minister Putin likes to do it."

This phrase is in this article. Paragraph 3:

http://www.kp.ru/daily/24190.4/397290/

Offline Sona Anand

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 14:54:33 PM »
Thank you Allect and Greekemmy for that introspective dialogue. I think Uresia Union has basic motive of trade and business, as Russia is dealing with economic issues so does the other nation.

As far as Commonwealth is concerned , India is part of Commonwealth, many think it as British colonialism but look at it now 3rd biggest economy and largest democracy. Doesn't care about Queen  ;D

I think Russia should go for Uresia Union which will help to boost economies in the group.
Jai Hind!

greekemmy

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 15:33:41 PM »
New word: Introspection

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Introspection is the self-observation and reporting of conscious inner thoughts, desires and sensations. It is a conscious and purposive process relying on thinking, reasoning, and examining one's own thoughts, feelings, and, in more spiritual cases, one's soul. It can also be called contemplation of one's self, and is contrasted with extrospection, the observation of things external to one's self. Introspection may be used synonymously with and in a similar way to human self-reflection. It is used greatly as a spiritual examination.

Introspection is like the activity described by Plato when he asked, "…why should we not calmly and patiently review our own thoughts, and thoroughly examine and see what these appearances in us really are?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introspection

Offline allect

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 16:49:41 PM »
Freands! Thanks for interest to our problems. 

After USSR's disintegration  Russia initiated many unions. For example Commonwealth of the Independent states, Ewrasia economy community and others. These bodies aren't effective. What for to create one more? Economic interests of Russia are limited by sale of natural resources. International organization for this purpose isn't necessary.