Author Topic: Was it really genocide?  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Cyrillic

• New Member Group
Was it really genocide?
« on: May 13, 2012, 11:30:27 AM »
If you are talking about this subject - Srebrenica - with Serbs they will tell you that it wasn't genocide since they weren't killing women and therefor it doesn't fit definition of genocide. What do you think about it?

TrxiZ

Re: Was it really genocide?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 22:43:47 PM »
can you explain a bit more this post?

Z

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 00:07:36 AM »
the question was.............. " was it genocide ? "

answer:  yes it was genocide ----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_massacre

Nomad112

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 00:32:45 AM »
Of course it was genocide. There is no question about it, really.

Offline JustMe

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 00:48:30 AM »
They were killing man, woman and children, they want to kill all people from one etnical group in area, it is genocid, and you know it

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 01:14:22 AM »
I remember that whole horrific thing and I also remember how they tried to use the term "ethnic cleansing" to get out of using the word genocide- unbelievable.  :(
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline Belle_R

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 01:21:43 AM »
For anyone that would like to know what happened in Bosnia and Herzegovina, what happened in Srebrenica ... ask me. My name is Belma I am from Sarajevo, I left Bosnia in September 1995 once the war was over. Well the so called war, it was not a war - it was a contract killing by Americans to try and ethnically clens people of Islamic religion. At  the age of 10 years old my best friend died in my arms shot by a Serbian sniper who was paid $100 US dollars - I wonder where the US dollars come from ??? Irony of it was- Sandra was an Orthodox Serb, I am a Bosnian Muslim - he got the wrong kid !!!!!!! What happened in Bosnia is what is happening all over the Middle East at the moment and the USA is trying to use everything and anything as justification for the murders they are commiting. UN, USA, The UK , The French, The Dutch, The Sweds ... the entire UN nations were involved in the murder and masacar of women, chidlren and the elderly ...... The biggest criminal figures in the world are the representatives of the UN and UNPROFOR and the USA

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 03:32:18 AM »
"Well the so called war, it was not a war - it was a contract killing by Americans to try and ethnically clens people of Islamic religion."

So Belle_R- is it your understanding that the entire conflict was funded by the Americans paying all sides to kill any people of the Islamic religion? Could you please clarify this?

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline Belle_R

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 07:01:14 AM »
This is so complicated but yet again it is so simple. I will do my best to try and explain it to you without offending anyone.

I am not saying that the USA or the rest of the world has something against Islamic people, well I mean they do but not talking about ppl talking Government wise.Please keep in mind that I was raised in former Yugoslavia under the communist are, I am nor have I ever been religious, but
It is a fact and I know it as I had seen it and lived it Serbian soldiers were paid US $$$$, after the Dayton agreement was signed and Karadzic was wanted for war crimes, it was the CIA along with the FBI and various other US agencies such as UNPROFOR and the National Security, who hid Karadzic for over 11 years. They funded his life style , where do you think that the weapons the Serb soldiers had came from ????
The USA had a great benefit and the funding for the entire ethnic clensing in Bosnia was funded by the USA. The UN was present and allowed women and children to be raped, tourtured and murdered, the USA refused to do interfier in any way shape or form to assist Bosnia, and it wasn't until the moment that the Serbian Government was not happy just clensing "his" teritorry of Muslims and started turning his guns on the Christians and Catholics that the USA interfiered. Well not even then, it wasn't until Milosevic attacked a Jewish town that they went and bombed Belgrade. Until that moment USA was glorified in Serbia as the sister country, the USA has provided refugee for thousands of war criminals and refuse to extridite them to Bosnia so they can face those crimes. It is a known fact, should you need proof ... go back into the history and don't read what is published by the modern media , talk to people that lived it .

Hence the reason me not being a big fan of religion, I am so glad that I was born during the time that former Yugoslavia was a normal place, when late Tito was alive and that the morals and values that have been instilled in me are not regilious based but humanity based. No human beign should be made to suffer the way that unfrotunatelly majority of the Islamic people do. And that is not to say that people of other religions are not victims of exactly the same thing. America's greed , the need to controll and own anything that they believe is worth it.

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 17:15:14 PM »

Hello Belle_R, thanks for the speedy reply.

I am not a religious person either but I respect the beliefs of others. I would agree that the factor of different religions involved in this conflict contributed heavily to the rationalization that the opposing sides used in order to attack each other so violently and deadly.

Your statement here> "This is so complicated but yet again it is so simple."- certainly you seem to have been able to simplify some of the issues involved in your own mind, but if you don't mind I will have to part with you there in opinion.

The whole situation for me is still a very complicated thing and although I appreciate insight from someone that was right there living through all of the terrible events that it must have been, I would point out that living through it will always leave a permanent bias in someones feelings towards any event. I am not saying what you saw was not absolutely true, I am just saying that what you experienced could have shaped your opinion on it in such a way that you may not be able to be objective about judgments toward the situation as a whole.

That is why I will reserve my right to read further on it as well as collect personal opinions as input about it, as opposed to what you say here> "It is a known fact, should you need proof ... go back into the history and don't read what is published by the modern media , talk to people that lived it ."

I will never deny that the US ever contributes money and/or weapons to any conflict that goes on in the world. All countries in this world big or small will act in their own interest in what ever way that serves them no matter how deadly or covert it gets.

What I don't concede to is the constant need for any part of the world to implicate the US as the soul cause of any horrible event. The US, although guilty I am sure of many things, turns out to be the number one easiest scapegoat for every country in this world. I am not saying the US did not contribute to this conflict but to completely simplify the entire conflict in this way> " Well the so called war, it was not a war - it was a contract killing by Americans to try and ethnically clens people of Islamic religion "

I am afraid I don't agree.

Offline Belle_R

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 23:19:20 PM »
This world would bee so boring if we all shared the same oppinion. And you are totally right, being there has made me biast towards some things, it's hard not to when you have lived it.
The best way to educate your self is to do exactly what you are doing and keeping an open mind in regards to it all.
Far from it that the USA was the ONLY one to blame, as I mentioned before the UK, The French, The entire UN nations, the UNFPROFOR ... all of them had a hand in it.
The sad fact of the war is and this is what it has tought me :
Innocent people die, suffer, get left without homes, leave their countries, seperate from their families , for the pleasure of the political games. There are so many differences that we could point out in each and every one of us , however if I cut my self I bleed if you cut your self you bleed. We are all the same and all we are is little pieces of the politicians puzzles that they get to change and shuffle around however they want.
They created so much hatered in former Yugoslavia that it will never be possible for those people to live in unity again , and far from that USA was the ONLY one and the one that started it ... god no if those idiots didn't have plans of destruction and if they had not planned what they did ... no amount of money could have started a war if the politicians weren't willing. However the major country that had the funding and that contributed to the hiding out of war criminals and still does is the USA , every single person that was suspected of war crimes in Bosnia throught Eu has been sent back either to Bosnia or to Hauge to face prosecution , so why is American not deporting the ones that are there ..... But again USA  in its self is a war that noone will ever win :(

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 00:19:12 AM »

Thanks Belle_R,

I am glad for all of this information and to be able to discuss this with someone that has lived through it and can share what has to be a very difficult thing for everyone involved. I agree that when parts of the world become vulnerable to attack by outsiders then the end result can be so horrible.
      It is so important that we try and try again to learn from all of these things in order to face so many similar situations that are cropping up right now in other parts of the world. From the details that you give, you would think that we would never tread on the same path as humans but unfortunately this chain of events continues.
       I can get a little defensive about the US sometimes, but it is not because I live in it. I don't see the US has a special breed of country with only dark intentions. I see it as a group of people that have come from all other countries around the world into a confiscated land that allowed them advantages over other countries in that it had special lucky circumstances to accumulate a lot of wealth.
       With that wealth they have become greedy and defensive, but not because the country as a whole is a bunch of people that are all living high on the hog and getting away with murder. This country is ruled by a wealthy elite class and  the great majority of the rest of us living here are just as exploited by them as all of these lesser wealthy countries are vulnerable to them.
        So when I find suggestions that the US as a country is to blame, I always react. In other countries their is also some ruling elite that makes the dirty deals with the other ruling elite of the country that is taking advantage of dire circumstances and all the lesser people involved end up being pitted against a false enemy. Greed is not a nationality, it is a maladaptive human behavior that we all fall pray to.    :(                         

Offline Belle_R

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 23:51:36 PM »
I do agree with you in many aspects, and I should clerify my posts,,,, whenn I say USA or Australia or UK I refer to the Government as it's a sad fact that people of a country really have no say in it. I do nto have the people of the USA , I can't stand the politicians of the USA, UK, Australia and the rest of them. They all create hatered between people, they make people suffer, they do anything for their own benefit and not for the benefit of ppl. I am very well aware of the situation in the USA, unfortunatelly the war has scattered my friends and family all over the world and have some in many states of the USA from Texas to Seatle , Florida to Arizona .... there are good people there who unfortunatelly are not in power with their Government and they do not count. I am 100% sure that 99% of the people of the USA do not want a war, they do not want to live in fear of terrorist attacks, they do not want to be poor, loose their houses, people losing their jobs left right and centre .... it is not right and I know that the people of the USA are against killngs that are happening as a result of the USA's Government. It's sad that majority of people that is against something can't stop something from happening. This is why I get so frustrated when people ask me if I hate Serbs ... How can I hate someone that I had grown up with or is a part of my family just because apparently we have different religions ( both raised as communist, so neither one religious) .... No I do not hate Serbs, I hate their politicans, I hate their leaders, their army, I hate every single one that was involved in the killings in Bosnia .... but do I hate Serbs - I can't, we're the same ... human beigns .... SO I do have to apologies to you as refering to the Governenment just as US as that was not my intention and I know how much the people of the USA had tried to help and still try to help people that are in war zones, I know of so many good people that constantly give as much as they can of them selves to make the world a better place, So from the bottom of my heart I did not mean to offend you or any other US citizen, I refered to the Government and will be more clear in my future posts .......
And as far as the war on Bosnia ..... uneducated people are so easily led, reason for these tragedies repeating all over the world is that people are not being educated- and by consieling the truth we can't educate even our selves yet along someone else.......

rote zora

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 18:43:51 PM »
Hi Belle_R,

Undoubtedly, the massacre in Srebrenica is one of the most horrific crimes in the post World War II history, for which is besides the (Bosnian) Serb army also the UN responsible since they knew what is going to happen and they did nothing to hinder it or to help and protect the people of Srebrenica. Bearing this in mind, the speculations that western countries concocted a plan for the ethnic cleansing of Muslims in Bosnia aren’t really surprising, but that theory doesn’t fit facts since the war started in Croatia which is mostly Catholic and where the war also took many lives (massacre of Vukovar 1991). Besides that, there’s no evidence for “a contract killing by” the US or any other western country.

More probable would be the speculations that western intelligences and politicians stand behind the decay of the former Yugoslavia with the aim of  weakening the political influence of that region and realizing own economic and strategic interests. However, for this theory there’s also no proof apart from the disastrous outcome for all sides involved and some circumstantial evidence. And even if these speculations were true to some extent, the nations of the former Yugoslavia are those after all who brought their nationalist leaders to power. It’s very similar with the situation we have today in the Arabic world. 

I have also one question:

it wasn't until Milosevic attacked a Jewish town that they went and bombed Belgrade

I've never heard of it. Did you mean something like Jewish community center? When and where exactly did that happen?

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 20:33:57 PM »
Hi rote zora,

This thread does not allow the "like" of post for some reason so I am replying to tell you I like your reply. I am glad you have joined the discussion. This very horrible war is one that remains very much a mystery to me and instead of me just looking it up or trying to read a book on it I prefer this kind of direct from the experienced information.

thanks again, Riney