Author Topic: The Twitter account?  (Read 75355 times)

Z

Re: The Twitter account?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 17:34:58 PM »
but most of the people think, that these threads are official wl statements. with adding this little word you provide misunderstanding.

how can anyone think that statements made by the forum are " official wl statements " ?

enrica

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 18:05:56 PM »
Erasmas wl site says the forum isn't directly run by wl and the only "official" statements can come from public wl ppl like JA or Kristinn.
The forum is an indipendent platform to discuss about wl.
That the tweets include words like "thread" or "discussion" or not, they have to be' considered tweets Of The Forum and it can happen they are different from wl tweets.

Z

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 18:39:36 PM »
but most of the people think, that these threads are official wl statements. with adding this little word you provide misunderstanding.

how can anyone think that statements made by the forum are " official wl statements " ?

also see this on the main wikileaks site: http://wikileaks.org/Supporters.html

"Supporters run our irc channel, Facebook site, and the WikiLeaks Forum. Whilst we appreciate their work we can not vouch for their security or content. No official WikiLeaks comment will be given over these channels"

Offline Erasmas

• http://erasmasofanathem.wordpress.com
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 21:50:41 PM »
i know this and understand your points. but pls recgnize, that most twitter users only see the word wikileaks and don't realize, that the tweet is from the forum. meanwhile i ask myself what happened to this forum? where is the frienly sound in the posts been gone? i am not an enemy, just erasmas.  ???

Z

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 00:08:51 AM »
i know this and understand your points. but pls recgnize, that most twitter users only see the word wikileaks and don't realize, that the tweet is from the forum. meanwhile i ask myself what happened to this forum? where is the frienly sound in the posts been gone? i am not an enemy, just erasmas.  ???

oh dear....sorry if you misread the tone of my answer. You can be 100 % sure that my answer was just trying to answer your question, whilst doing a million things at the same time....so once again, sorry if it sounded unfriendly as it wasnt intended this way

Have a box of chocs on me ;-)

Offline Erasmas

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 16:41:17 PM »
delicious choclate ;D
thanks for apologize.  i am a bit 'gnawed', cause my right arm is broken.

Z

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 17:06:33 PM »
delicious choclate ;D
thanks for apologize.  i am a bit 'gnawed', cause my right arm is broken.

Oh my God !....Im sorry to hear that. How did you manage that?. This means that the choc box just grew in size. I hoep I speak on behalf of the whole forum in wishing you well and hope things get better :-)

take care....

Offline Erasmas

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 17:20:08 PM »
thank you, Z! I crashed with my mountainbike, broke the head of the bone into 5 peaces and the great tendon is broken, too. but now there is time for the forum, and that's great! ;)

Z

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 17:36:15 PM »
thank you, Z! I crashed with my mountainbike, broke the head of the bone into 5 peaces and the great tendon is broken, too. but now there is time for the forum, and that's great! ;)

maybe u can poat the xrays here so we cann see what a multiple fractures look like. Keep away from the bike and dont type too much ;-)

Offline Erasmas

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 17:55:45 PM »
still haven't seen them. I only type left, 'cause I need to wear a box to abduct the right arm.
it is so crazy!

Offline kimono

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 13:46:20 PM »
When the Forum Twitter account posted:

The WikiLeaks Forum distances itself from Tweets made yesterday by @assange

who was it talking on behalf? (apologies I can't seem to upload a picture).

In Z’s latest forum announcement he states that “This forum will not take sides”. I imagine this necessitates a Twitter account that continues to simply signpost to the various discussions at the forum rather than declaring a ‘position’.

Either ‘the Forum’ is an open collective constituted of and subjectively owned by the many individuals who post and moderate there or the ‘The forum’ is owned by one or more key members of staff who make decisions about how the forum and Twitter account is run independently of the collective that post there.

I would suggest that the forum declares itself either to be a community owned space (and cease to publish personal opinion under the forum banner) or to make its owners more visible and their position with regards to WikiLeaks more explicit (so that personal opinions can be easily attributed to them and not the entire community that accesses the forum).

[...]
Teclo

I still see the same problem on Twitter today. The forum posts non-neutral messages about Wikileaks on Twitter, I thought there was just one owner/general admin and I suggested in my tweet to defend their opinion publicly if it's just one person having the will to reveal something about Wikileaks or go further into the debate.

But when I asked the question, someone answered me that it's a collective account, and that there is no "Mark" on the Twitter account present now, and we still don't know who he is even if some supporters used this name when they tweeted to the forum.

"Because"Mark"is the scapegoat and the forum founder.I dunno(I really haveNOidea)if/how much he's present 1/2"
https://twitter.com/EPJas2/status/555700500105269249

"The @wikileaks_forum account is a collective; for what I know once it was managed also by mods. Many persons can use it"
https://twitter.com/EPJas2/status/555699562451845120

So posting non-neutral messages about the Assange case on the forum Twitter account, taking side in this swedish affair could be engaging the opinion of all people who are tweeting on the forum "collective" account.
I don't understand the policy of the forum.
Are you just trying to make some buzz? are you defending a personal opinion/attacks in the swedish case, or are you definitely neutral ?
"Les hommes qui ont vécu dans les laboratoires n'imaginent guère que les partis extrêmes" -
"Men who lived in the laboratories can hardly imagine anything else than extreme parties" (Louis Aragon, 1897-1982)

Offline jujyjuji

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 13:59:23 PM »
* read the comment *

on twitter I replied as myself, now member of the forum and NON admin, so consider the info I have may be just personal opinions.

I'm going to partecipate to this discussion soon, with more concentration than now.

I'm fully aware the @wikileaks_forum account has always been used by many admins or mods together; I have no idea who uses it atm; I'm sure who replied to you was another person; I'm sure none of us is entitled to open a spy investigation on where is Mark or who is the forum account owner; I'm sure everybody is perfectly free of disagreeing with the content of the WLforum account's tweets (I certain time did, without problems).

Offline jujyjuji

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 14:00:09 PM »
** "I've read the comment* I mean, cya.

All Spiric

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 15:18:11 PM »
@Kimono

I read your post and your tweets and all I have to add to this discussion is that it is None of your business WHO owns or runs the Wikileaks Forum or the Twitter account. If you are worried the Forum is run by the Secret Service, FBI, CIA, freemasons, Illuminati, NSA, Mossad, UKIP, Assange critics or even Assange himself, then I suggest you don't visit the Forum and unfollow the Forums twitter account. If, however, you wish to support freedom of speech and freedom of expression, regardless, then you are welcome to stay.

The Forum doesn't owe you or anyone else an Explanation as to who owns the Forum and why.

signed

another secret member of the Wikileaks forum admin team who doesn't give a damn.

Wishing you a nice day :-)

Offline Elaine Davis

• Administrator
  • To thine own self, be true.
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2015, 16:53:11 PM »
Erasmas wl site says the forum isn't directly run by wl and the only "official" statements can come from public wl ppl like JA or Kristinn.
The forum is an indipendent platform to discuss about wl.
That the tweets include words like "thread" or "discussion" or not, they have to be' considered tweets Of The Forum and it can happen they are different from wl tweets.

Tweets, greetz, feats, or seats.  No offense to anyone arguing about the platform used for expression here or there, it's not worth distinguishing which why what or where. Respect. =)

Personally, I have never viewed this forum as particularly subject to discussion about WikiLeaks. There are other subjects here, perhaps some of the same subjects WikiLeaks is interested.  Why does WikiLeaks itself have to be on the other side of the world from this forum or its members based on a few vengeances from a few here or there? It's just a question to ponder and not one to resent in the slightest. Clear minded for a moment....it's just a question.

From what I understand, the forum still carries the name WikiLeaks because it was born with that name and changing the name might mean getting lost in searches, having to move domain...whatever.

Is it possible that we can discuss or critique WikiLeaks itself, given the name WIKILEAKS as a header, traceable by search, without having to just totally hate on WikiLeaks and WikiLeaks representatives not hate on us?

IT IS POSSIBLE....

I personally have offered some critique on the new 'proposed' WikiLeaks....Bitcoin, Anonymity...etc. I don't like the idea...I like the original WikiLeaks and the way it was operated.   I did critique that...and maybe there are some things I do not understand....YET.

I have learned a lot just by reading on the forum...and most of the information I have read and absorbed has little to do with WikiLeaks itself....

This forum is not just about WikiLeaks.  Am I right?
GOD FORBID THE LIGHTS GO OUT and a zillion brains have to be retrained to function in manual reality.

Does anyone else get the idea that the tweets on the WL account are starting to sound a little like someone is bathing in a bird bath, eating bird food & possibly smoking bird * in his own sphere??