Author Topic: ISIS Manual Cites Edward Snowden  (Read 3403 times)

Offline J.C

• la plume est plus puissante que l'épée
    • Snowden
ISIS Manual Cites Edward Snowden
« on: November 22, 2015, 13:42:49 PM »
ISIS Manual Cites Edward Snowden

The Hill reports:

The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) uses a 34-page manual to instruct its followers on how to stay invisible on the Internet.

The Arabic document was translated and released this week by analysts at the Combating Terrorism Center, an independent research group at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

It includes warnings to avoid Instagram because it is owned by Facebook, and Dropbox because former secretary of State Condoleezza Rice sits on its board of investors. Famous government leaker Edward Snowden has also criticized Dropbox over its privacy, the document notes.

According to the English translation, "Snowden advised not to use the service and considered it dangerous to personal security and privacy."

Michael Morell, who served as deputy CIA director from 2010 to 2013, wrote in his memoirs published this year that Snowden's revelations aided ISIS. "Within weeks of the leaks, terrorist organizations around the world were already starting to modify their actions in light of what Snowden disclosed. Communications sources dried up, tactics were changed,” Morell wrote. "ISIS was one of those terrorist groups that learned from Snowden, and it is clear that his actions played a role in the rise of ISIS."

Last week, former CIA director Jim Woolsey, who was appointed by Bill Clinton, said that Snowden has "blood on his hands."

"I'm no fan of the changes that were made after Snowden's leaks of classified information. I don't think they have improved our ability to collect and use intelligence, and I think they've seriously reduced our abilities," Woolsey told NPR. "I think Snowden has blood on his hands from these killings in France.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/isis-manual-cites-edward-snowden_1066817.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=20151119_TWS-blog-isis-manual-edward-snowden-2_twitter&utm_content=TWS
Assange fears the Pigeon.

https://goo.gl/QjIHja

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
Re: ISIS Manual Cites Edward Snowden
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 16:34:27 PM »
Very interesting stuff. Any advice that a privacy advocate can give to help the common internet surfer to improve their privacy is no doubt going to help someone with criminal intent to protect the detection of their crimes. What is really upsetting is that Snowden and Assange can be so complacent about it. 

If I weighed the difference between the two in their denial about it, I would most certainly think Assange is much worse about it. He is completely defiant about his leaks leading to any possible harm whatsoever.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline J.C

• Snowden
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 18:42:01 PM »
The issue with this figures on the dance floor of leaks is. they don´t care. they live in a self created parallel-world between Neo in the Matrix and computer systems. no one of them ever lost a thought about what could happen if this stuff goes public. after Snowden I know no single person that changed his surfing behavior. Yes and I am talking about normal people. not-geek people. not all those paranoid Twitter users you can see daily.

fact is, most don´t give a whatever about those figures. this is all, mostly made up newspaper stuff what we see. people just want to live and make party, have a good life and peace. and frankly don´t give a shit about traitors or dodo-eating facehuggers from a embassy.

you can see many of the leaky-cult after the Paris attacks making statements on; "it´s not Snowden´s fault" - off course the Governments now using this to justify spying on us (as if they would be of any interest)..

bottom line is; it´s fact and truth. and sadly it needed something like this horrible attacks in Paris to wake some more people up.

for all others there is caviar and vodka. but alcohol is poison stuff so don´t get addicted ;-).

(I did not mention Julian Assange in all of this because he is not interesting enough)

Offline J.C

• Snowden
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 19:32:42 PM »