Author Topic: Wikileaks-fans and their expensive hobby: mobbing by Silvia Steinitz from"STERN"  (Read 19321 times)

Delirium

French - http://www.wikileaks-forum.com/french/505/les-fans-de-wikileaks-et-leur-passe-temps-couteux-le-harcelement/33995/

German - http://www.stern.de/politik/ausland/julian-assange--wikileaks-fans-und-ihr-teures-hobby--mobbing-6309362.html

Italian - http://www.wikileaks-forum.com/-wikileaks-related-news/23/i-fan-di-wikileaks-e-il-loro-costoso-hobby-il-mobbing/33994/

Swedishhttp://www.wikileaks-forum.com/swedish/507/swedish-wikileaks-fans-und-ihr-teures-hobby-mobbing/34011/

Wikileaks-fans and their expensive hobby : mobbing

Wikileaks started a hate campaign against an activist living in Germany. Two Assange fans even filed a lawsuit against him. The Frankfurt district court has now put a stop to it.

Wikileaks is famous for upholding civil rights and specially individuals’ right for privacy. This is an important fight at a time when the world still has to come to terms with how best to deal with personal information.

The organisation’s founder in particular, Julian Assange, is paying a high price for Wikileaks’ role in the worldwide struggle for state secrets and the protection of personal data in the digital age. As a consequence The native Australian has been stranded in the Ecuadorian embassy in London for almost three years. An international arrest warrant has been issued against him – the Swedish prosecution is investigating him due to the suspicion of sexual offenses which Assange is said to have committed in 2010 in Sweden. Assange fears that the British or Swedish authorities could, during the course of the investigation, turn him over to the USA as soon as he steps out of the embassy. Amongst other things, the USA accuse him of espionage and conspiracy – a lawsuit would entail a long sentence.

Assange currently inhabits 70 square meters with neither sunlight nor fresh air. Even numerous complaints by human right organizations to the United Nations could not change his situation. In March this year, Sweden agreed to question Assange in the embassy. Last Wednesday however, according to Assange, an interview should have taken place but Marianne Ny, the prosecutor in charge called it off.
“This is ruthless”, Assange states. Ny counters: the Swedish investigator did not have Ecuador's formal permission to enter the embassy. As soon as such a permission is granted, the interview will take place. Hopefully this will happen by the end of July.

Stop at nothing when faced with criticism
As much as Assange and Wikileaks insist on principles such as civil rights – these values do not seem to apply to everyone. When faced with criticism concerning Assange or his supporters, the latter do not have any qualms: critics' names are often dragged through the internet, their photos and home addresses get posted, wild accusations are made which go as far as character assassination. All of this was experienced firsthand by Mark G., an activist and former Wikileaks supporter.

The leaking organisation promoted a wave of hatred against G., which reached its actual climax on April 30th. With the help of his lawyer, the activist faced a lawsuit by two British Wikileaks supporters - mother and daughter - totaling sixty charges. Not Wikileaks, the applicants claim, but Mark G. himself spreads lies about WikiLeaks' fans and employees on the internet by using the discussion forum “Wikileaks-Forum”.

Mark G. was one of its founders, but passed it on years ago due to mobbing by Wikileaks fans. G.’s lawyer convinced the court his client no longer had any influence over the forum.

The verdict was announced very quickly: the Wikileaks supporters' lawsuit was dismissed on all counts.

An amicable dispute resolution was apparently not an option
The motivation and the whole process of the lawsuit had been strange from the very beginning states G.’s lawyer, Severin Müller-Riemenschneider, a media law expert based in Frankfurt. “An extrajudicial settlement was obviously not an option in the first place.” From the very beginning the whole procedure “may have been a way to inflict maximum damage on my client”.

There is something curious about this case: “The plaintiffs filed a remarkably high number of charges and kept handing in new ones, which raised the financial value of the lawsuit”, according to the lawyer. Now that they have lost the trial, the situation has backfired on them. “Now the two individuals will have to face some seriously high expenses”. And we are talking serious money: the legal costs for the lawyers and the court add up to about 15.000 Euros – this time it seems that hate came with a hefty price tag.

Wikileaks tweets further attacks
Mark G. was relieved after the verdict. “I am happy that at least this part of the nightmare is over now”, he says. “Maybe faced with the fact that we live in a country where the rule of law applies and now that they are left with the costs caused by their hate campaign this internet mob will be discouraged from carrying out further attacks”.

However, Wikileaks keeps tweeting attacks against Mark G. and amongst which one claiming that the native Englishman works for the American FBI. In the meantime, some of the Wikileaks fans seem to have lost all sense of moderation (and possibly their mind): a recent tweet prompted the terrorrist organisation IS to consider dealing with Mark G…

Original article URL: http://www.stern.de/politik/ausland/julian-assange--wikileaks-fans-und-ihr-teures-hobby--mobbing-6309362.html

Forum URL: http://www.wikileaks-forum.com/-wikileaks-related-news/23/wikileaks-fans-und-ihr-teures-hobby-mobbing/33989/new;topicseen#new

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
This is good news. I witnessed this hate campaign myself and consider the victim a good friend. I myself have also been listed on web sites, my picture used without my consent... posted on a smear sheet claiming that I am anti WikiLeaks operative that smears Julian Assange to stop the proliferation of freedom of speech. My twitter account listed among others as a misinformation operative trying to smear and take down WikiLeaks. 

It was all a total load of crap. I am just a person who like a lot of others first found WikiLeaks as a refreshing idea of how to expose corruption, only to find out later that it was really a lie. Julian Assange was a profiteering, self serving jerk off that used the WikiLeaks idea to portray himself as an altruistic person fighting for the common good. Only later did people find out that he was really out for himself, with his own personal self serving agenda, ready to use anyone and everyone to his advantage. 

Julian Assange uses people. He is currently even using the little cultist that are running the hate campaign as foot soldiers. They are fanatics in love with the man. Who knows what little fantasies that have about the cult leader in their heads. If anything has betrayed WikiLeaks, or the idea of WikiLeaks that is, it has been Julian Assange and his fanatical followers. They are all hiding behind the facade of being freedom of speech fighters, but truly they worship a cult leader and live in some fantasy of bringing down world powers to create some unrealistic utopia where they are all glorified. It really is quite sick.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
Watching the reactions of the Assange cult online about this has been quite entertaining. It seems that Assange himself has become involved.... 

Tweeted June 22 2015, from the WikiLeaks twitter account...

[email protected]

@andreaspetzold What is going wrong with Stern? (link to a smear sheet of the forum which I will not give credence to)

So essentially the cult has written a rebuttal, disclaiming everything above in one way or another. Assange has joined in, hiding behind the WikiLeaks twitter account like he always does. The WikiLeaks twitter account purportedly the account of an unbiased, unaffiliated, a non politically motivated source information. Assange uses the WikiLeaks twitter account to tweet the most biased, most affiliated, and by far the most politically motivated agenda he himself has. 

However, out of the 2.6 million twitter followers the account has, it got re tweeted 3 times. All three of the accounts are know to me as full on Assange fanatics. Very telling.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline jujyjuji

Italian translation here: http://www.wikileaks-forum.com/-wikileaks-related-news/23/i-fan-di-wikileaks-e-il-loro-costoso-hobby-il-mobbing/33994/

... and for the sake of the truth I was there and got the stalking/mobbing ongoing campaign info from 2 different sources in the same moment when it was happening.

@wikileaks misleading tweets disgust me as that account is deliberately lying about what Assange's hard core fans have been doing for years bullying critics and putting even supporters under pressure with the pending "threat" of being defamated as soon as they dared to critic Assange.

They can espect more translations and more of these info coming out since such facts happened, nope how much the @wikileaks account tries to distort the facts.

Offline J.C

• la plume est plus puissante que l'épée
    • Snowden
this is only happening on Twitter. Only on Twitter. That people  fighting like teenagers in a online mobbing style are not worth any credibility!

But it is good to see the press come forward to report on this issue.

imagine there would be no internet, or just no twitter.
there would be total silence.

this "we share everything media stuff" will go by like everything else - new tech will come and replace the current one. and at the end of days world keeps turning and all this will be forgotten. 

just think 10 years ahead, or maybe less - life goes on and wikileaks and all this people are currently living in the past...
Assange fears the Pigeon.

https://goo.gl/QjIHja

Offline jujyjuji

@Riney and @Joker I couldn't agree more with you both.

Whoever is running the WL account in this moment (presumed Assange) has lost whatever credibility and is even challenging press freedom in full: check this tweet:

The NYT has removed the "anti privacy group" definition for WikiLeaks because probabily the critics bullied them till they removed those words, and the @wikileaks account is almost doing "the minion dance" chanting victory.

For the sake of the truth "ANTIprivacy" is correct as a definition for WL, since they abuse their critic's privacy on twitter and don't care about editing full names of innocent citiziens at potential risk from their documents.

So it seems Assange agrees with censorship when it comes to "press freedoms" that he doesn't like (himself or his minions' legion)...

Delirium

they can bitch all they want, the Stern article won't be taken down ;-)

Offline Signhilde

Offline J.C

• la plume est plus puissante que l'épée
    • Snowden
If I would be like those people attacking that forum or people former been familiar with it. I would smile all over my face and say "f!ck yea THEY ARE SO F!CKED now AWSOME"
But they have been fooled and used by Assange like many others and I just feel sorry for them. I hope they learn from this episode of their life and move on.

I know we live in times where you kick your enemy on the ground at a box fight in the face even if he is not moving anymore but that´s not honorable, that´s not brave and not cool.
Assange fears the Pigeon.

https://goo.gl/QjIHja