Author Topic: Whistleblower Quote Project: crowdsourcing  (Read 9570 times)

JS49

Re: Whistleblower Quote Project: crowdsourcing
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 10:39:07 AM »
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
1984 George Orwell
Sound familiar

JS49

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 10:43:24 AM »
.... the Party could thrust its hand into the past and say of this or that event, it never happened.  1984 George Orwell

Offline savebradley

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 16:15:13 PM »
"When the President does it, that means it is not illegal." - Richard M. Nixon, TV interview with David Frost, May 20, 1977 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejvyDn1TPr8

JS49

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 23:44:55 PM »
Someone sent me this today on FB.

As Eckhart Tolle has commented (paraphrased), a great flowering is happening throughout the world, accompanied by great madness. May the flowering prevail.

JS49

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 03:01:47 AM »
It is your duty as a citizen to report corrupt activity of your government.
unknown

A great flowering is happening throughout the world, accompanied by great madness.  May the flowering prevail.
Eckhart Tolle

Whistle blowers are motivated by outrage of cover up of injustice.
Mary Kostakidis

History has shown us governments past and present, present the greatest danger to the world.
Mary Kostakidis

If we don't support whistleblowers we will get the society we deserve.
Mary Kostakidis 

Our democracy relies on  journalists and whistleblowers to tell us the truth.
Unknown

Offline savebradley

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 18:10:01 PM »
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
― Jimi Hendrix

JS49

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 02:17:10 AM »
"Corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow." ~ Abraham Lincoln 11-21-1864

JS49

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 13:13:34 PM »
...... newspapers become reluctant to report on the abuses of the powerful, but completely willing to report on the abuses of the powerless, or to defame the powerless, and that is not an acceptable situation. So there has to be a level playing field, there has to be equal access to justice."  Julian Assange

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/features/wikileaks-julian-assange-interview-why-the-us-will-stop-at-nothing-to-silence-me-16005979.html#ixzz1pwOvSzt6

JS49

Re: Whistleblower Quote Project: crowdsourcing..1984 George Orwell..
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 07:58:28 AM »
All that was required of them was a primitive patriotism which could be appealed to whenever it was necessary to make them accept longer working hours or shorter rations.  And even when they became discontented, as they sometimes did, their discontent led nowhere, because being without general idea, they could only focus it on petty specific grievances.  The larger evils invariably escaped their notice.   1984 George Orwell

JS49

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 04:16:19 AM »
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."
-- U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864