Author Topic: Welcome to all Volunteer Translators  (Read 10340 times)

TrxiZ

Re: Welcome to all Volunteer Translators
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 12:58:30 PM »
Thanks for your efforts about making your thoughts about upgrading the transators project, reader.

But our project is working fine by now - all doing a very good job.

we do not change this in furture.

Sincerely
T.

Offline Jerbar

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 13:21:17 PM »
and here comes my two cents....

Fair labor laws and labor unions are for profit generating companies and this forum is a non profit, non commercial online community. It is my understanding that labor unions are not for free either, they collect membership union dues to be able to organize and take actions for bargaining purposes.

Members are not allowed, per the forum guidelines, to promote their own projects and/or use this forum to generate any kind of income for themselves. 

I fully understand reader your need to make a living, I was recently asked to write a letter in English (my mother tongue) for a certified translator that has volunteered for this forum, to help facilitate job opportunities abroad for that translator. I did so without delay.

But this is not a place of employment for anyone, this site is run by volunteer supporters of freedom of speech.  So there is no need to organize "fair working conditions" for anyone, as would be necessary in a place of employment.     

TrxiZ

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 16:17:56 PM »
All whats needed to say about this topic is said.

If you want to be a part of the translators volunteer project contact one of the following persons.

Arduina
anon1984
Irien

Thanks for your interesst and your help :)

T.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 21:36:54 PM by anon1984 »

Offline Arduina

• cognitive dissidence
  • Transparency 4 the state-Privacy 4 the rest of us!
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 20:21:44 PM »
Also I want to point out that there are other organizations that also run mostly or all from volunteer. WL is for the most part volunteer, this forum is all volunteer-run, and there is - for an example - a non-profit fair-trade organization that is run on all volunteer work:Ten Thousand Villages (their stores' associates are all volunteers). This is not the only place that is volunteer run. And since this forum is operated by volunteers of WL, not by WL itself, where would the money to pay volunteers come from? Our roles on the forum are not our jobs, where we would then get paid and at a fair wage, but in which we want to volunteer in it.
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government,owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship.FDR

TrxiZ

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 18:07:01 PM »
Here we go again  8)

If you want to be a part of the translators volunteer project contact one of the following persons.

Arduina
anon1984

Register an Account at WikiLeaks Forum this is also possible via TOR to grant you the right of your anonymity and contact one of the persons above.

We look forward to read from you !

T
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 18:11:47 PM by T-R3X »