Author Topic: Feedback from the Statement of Support  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Teclo

Feedback from the Statement of Support
« on: May 26, 2012, 23:23:35 PM »
A number of FoWL groups are signing up to the Statement of Support, sending it out as a press release and to other support organisations.

I think it will be useful (and hopefully inspiring) to keep a thread of the impact of the statements- where we are sending them, and what kind of response we are getting back from them (good or bad!)

It's all good for the historical record....!

UKFoWL have sent it out to numerous media organisations in the UK- all the broadsheet newspapers and some alternative media groups such as Media Lens. I've also sent it out to the UK Green party, who I think have some sympathies with the campaign. As yet no response from anyone!

Offline anon1984

• Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Re: Feedback from the Statement of Support
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 11:42:05 AM »
USFoWL haven't responded to my email, but I'd really really love to get the Statement to "Democracy Now!"! Shall we send it there, signed by all the FoWL groups that have issued it so far?
[The] truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but there it is.
- Winston Churchill

Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke. - Joss Whedon

Offline anon1984

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 12:25:56 PM »
[The] truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but there it is.
- Winston Churchill

Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke. - Joss Whedon

Offline Teclo

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 15:03:27 PM »
Excellent (although I can't read it!)

I did send a copy to Democracy now but you are right, one signed by all the groups signed up would be cool- you have kept track haven't you? There is some word about making a global FoWL flyer- ffmfowl's idea I think, I'll check it out, had some internet probs so have missed a few hours of work!!!

Offline milicak

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 19:32:05 PM »

Offline anon1984

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 19:51:33 PM »
Congrats  ;D FoWL Serbia - the youngest FoWL group and already so successful, already in the media :D
- Winston Churchill

Offline milicak

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 20:50:19 PM »
thank you too, Im waiting to the next one.... :)

Offline Teclo

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 22:59:28 PM »
Excellent, Global Voices have picked up the statement UKFoWL passed on:

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2012/05/28/a-social-network-for-wikileaks-supporters/

...after dozens of emails sent this is the only to acknowledge so far!