Author Topic: Global action for Ecuador  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Dorothy

Global action for Ecuador
« on: July 24, 2012, 03:33:34 AM »
Inspired by this speech:
http://vimeo.com/46092551
The main hope of Julian Assange's supporters is now concentrated in Ecuador. For more than a month we are waiting with bated breath for the decision about Julian's asylum bid - but there is still no answer... I think the reason is fear. For Ecuador, this request is a great chance - but also a big danger (I think no need to explain why). Let's encourage them in taking the only right decision!
I suggest to organize Global 4 Ecuador Action, with focus on supporting the country (mentioning, certainly, the reason of our support). The action can be started at each day, and the culmination may be 10 of august, the Independance Day of Quito. I hope and pray all gods that by this day Ecuadorian theme will remain actual...
What I suggest to do:
- Express your support in your blog, in forums and social networks, e.g. putting in your sign or status a phrase like "Ecuador, I'm with you!", "I cheer for Ecuador" etc. or adding Ecuadorian flag to your avatar.
- If you live in a capital - go to the Ecuadorian Embassy and place there supporter posters. For example, something from this wonderful serie by SomersetBean. Organize a rally of support at the Embassy (or a fiesta in honor of Independance Day on 10.08, but reminding that your attencion to Ecuador is due to Julian's asylum bid).
- Or, if you can't come, send your statements of support to your local Ecuadorian Embassy by e-mail or traditional mail.
- Add Ecuadorian colours to your clothes, decorate your bag with a yellow-blue-red ribbon or badge.
- The Olympic Games start! Cheer for 2 teams: yours and Ecuadorian. If you're lucky to be in London or if you watch the Games with your friends - express your support, celebrate successes of ecuadorians just as you celebrate victories of your country (maybe by posting info about it in social networks, sharind it with friends etc.).
- Invent your own way to show your solidarity!
So, this is the idea... What do you think?

Offline Dorothy

Re: Global action for Ecuador
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 22:05:43 PM »
I've created a page in Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/128735050601384/ But I don't have many friends there, so please, if you like this idea - help me to spread it!

Offline dodjerr5700

• New Member Group
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 08:48:06 AM »
Julian shouldn't have to seek asylum in Ecuador if the Australian government did what it should do....protect him. This should be plan B, Plan A should be to get the Australian government to get off its asss!

Offline Dorothy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 09:14:02 AM »
Well, if things were as they should be, Julian would not need any protection at all - because he would not be persecuted...

Offline Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 08:28:35 AM »
Today is the Independence Day of Ecuador. Congratulations to everyone! <3

Offline Dorothy

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 15:34:21 PM »
Weeell... Ecuador has equaled all our hopes! But it still needs our support. Let's get this party continued! Show your solidarity!
Viva Ecuador! <3