Author Topic: New developments in the case against Jeremy Hammond.  (Read 1227 times)

Offline ANdReScR

New developments in the case against Jeremy Hammond.
« on: February 02, 2013, 22:00:34 PM »
February 1, 2013 - Revolution News
New developments in the case against Jeremy Hammond.

February 1, 2013 - Revolution News - Tagged: anonymous, FreeHammond, human rights, Jeremy Hammond, Judge Preska, justice, newsrevo, revolution news, Sue Crabtree    - 1 comment

Recently, Sue Crabtree of the Jeremy Hammond Support Network presented me with some very interesting new information in regards to the controversy surrounding Judge Loretta Preska’s Conflict of Interest.

The first being that Judge Preska’s husband, Thomas Kavaler gave a sworn statement to the court concerning his relationship and email correspondence with the intelligence firm Stratfor. Jeremy Hammond is currently accused of hacking the Stratfor website and releasing millions of files, including the email accounts and passwords of all those in correspondence with Stratfor. Judge Preska’s husband Thomas Kavaler was corresponding with Stratfor and his business email and password were among those exposed. Though it has not yet been confirmed that Mr. Kavaler’s email account contained private messages between he and his wife Judge Preska, it would seem to be a safe assumption.

The fact that Mr. Kavaler’s email account was involved in the released information should be an obvious Conflict of Interest for his wife, Judge Preska. This fact alone is more then enough reason for Judge Preska to recuse herself from presiding over the upcoming trial. Trial judges are required to recuse themselves, if they have any interest at all in the outcome of the trial. The reality that this situation is being argued in pre-trial proceedings, raises even larger questions. Judge Preska will soon be ruling over the pre-trial proceeding’s in Feb. to determine if the exposure of her husbands email account will have any influence on her own further rulings in the upcoming trial or not.

I was also provided an email conversation with a representative of Stratfor. Describing in detail the companies policies in regards to registering and maintaining email subscribers.

A phone call was made to Stratfor asking if they send unsolicited emails.

This is the response from a Stratfor employee.
“Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Ryan Sims <[email protected]> When we send emails to our subscribers, we have a program set up that emails back a confirmation number when the email is opened. This helps us track our subscribers’ emails and ensure they are receiving them. If we show that 3 emails have been sent but are not being received, we reach out to the subscriber to make sure they aren’t experiencing an error in receiving our daily email content.

Here is an example of the emails logs for a subscriber:

Action Timestamp Bouncetype Campaign ID

open 2013-01-23 17:10:12 d43240056a

open 2013-01-23 16:44:51 5d591e2d14

sent 2013-01-23 10:01:34 d43240056a

sent 2013-01-23 04:39:10 a3b1c416f0

open 2013-01-23 01:02:16 a77106e54f

open 2013-01-23 01:01:44 dd476d3c27

open 2013-01-23 01:01:38 8b18a5db08

sent 2013-01-23 01:00:42 8b18a5db08

open 2013-01-23 00:46:38 a77106e54f

sent 2013-01-23 00:46:27 a77106e54f

open 2013-01-23 00:46:26 dd476d3c27

sent 2013-01-23 00:46:17 dd476d3c27

open 2013-01-23 00:46:13 8b18a5db08

sent 2013-01-23 00:45:59 8b18a5db08

You’ll notice that it states when the email was sent, then when it was opened and if the email was to bounceback, we would see the notification in the 3rd column. The Campaign ID references each report with the special ID number that is randomly generated by our email server.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any

further assistance.

Regards,

Ryan

–Ryan Sims

Global Intelligence

STRATFOR

221 W 6th Street, Suite 400

Austin, TX 78701

www.Stratfor.com

T: 512.744.4087

F: 512.744.0570”

The following questions were asked in reply.

“Do you ever send newsletters to random emails or would this be something that someone had to subscribe to in order to receive them? You mentioned a 23 digit code to access the emails. Would someone have had to enter a 23 digit code to read these newsletters?

Answer:

“From: Ryan Sims <[email protected]>

Date: Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM

No we do not send unsolicited emails as our website is set up to only send emails to individuals who enter their email address on our website www.stratfor.com. Once I see one of the emails you’re receiving, I can determine why you’re receiving the emails and how your email was placed on our distribution list. Lastly no they would not need to enter the 23 digit code, that’s just a confirmation number we receive on our end when an email is received. I collapsed the numbers we received under the Campaign ID in my previous email, that’s why you’re not seeing the full 23 digits.

Regards,

Ryan

Ryan Sims

Global Intelligence

STRATFOR

221 W 6th Street, Suite 400

Austin, TX 78701

www.Stratfor.com

T: 512.744.4087

F: 512.744.0570”

Clearly, Stratfor has an applied policy to never send unsolicited emails without prior registration. They also don’t continue to send emails without receiving the users viewing confirmation on every email sent. If the subscribed user does not open the emails Stratfor delivers, they contact the subscriber to find out why.

In the sworn statement given by Judge Preska’s husband, Thomas Kavaler. He state’s under penalty of perjury “I regularly receive un-solicited emails from businesses and other organizations, Stratfor among them. I receive from Stratfor from time to time emails that contain, among other things, newsletters and solicitations to become a subscriber or to purchase Stratfor’s products. I have never accepted any of Stratfor’s offers to become a subscriber or to purchase any product”

He also states, “To my recollection I have not knowingly been a client, a customer, a member or subscriber of Stratfor. I have been informed that there is a record of a two week subscription for the period between March 18th 2008 and April 1st 2008 associated with my Cahill Gordon email address in the Stratfor database. I do not recall requesting that subscription or anything about it.”

Either the statements from a Stratfor employee about their email systems are untrue or Mr Kavaler committed perjury. His memory may just be a little clouded about his history of registering a subscription and corresponding with Stratfor. A recorded history within a system of required registration and confirmations returned on every email opened, doesn’t lie. Maybe his wife, Judge Preska’s memory regarding the grounds for her recusal is also a little cloudy? Or maybe this is just another clear sign of the scope of corruption that the U.S. Federal Judicial System will sink to?

Either way, after the presentation of this information in her court at the end of this month. Judge Preska is going to be the one deciding on whether or not she has any Conflict of Interest. The reality of that should make it clear, that a fair trial for Jeremy Hammond is not a priority for Judge Preska or the Federal Court which she is presiding over.

At the time of printing, Jeremy Hammond has been in prison for 334 days without bail or trial. A recusancy hearing is scheduled for Feb 21st. Protest and rallies in support of Jeremy and to demand justice and a fair trial are being organized.  Dates and venue’s to be released soon.

Jennifer Baker
Revolution News

For more information on Jeremy Hammonds charges and case, please visit my previous interview with Sue Crabtree. http://revolution-news.com/wp-update/2013/01/30/jhsn/

Get involved with the Jeremy Hammond Support Network
On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/supporthammond
Twitter https://twitter.com/Free_Hammond

The address to mail postcards to Jeremy is as follows:

Jeremy Hammond – #18729-424, Metropolitan Correctional Center, 150 Park Row , New York, New York, 10007

One thought on “New developments in the case against Jeremy Hammond.”
http://revolution-news.com/wp-update/2013/02/01/new-developments-jeremy-hammond/