Author Topic: Assange Agenda Documentary  (Read 3570 times)

Offline kimono

Assange Agenda Documentary
« on: September 03, 2013, 09:55:38 AM »
I received this info by e-mail from the newsletter of "Assange Agenda Documentary":

You can see the documentary for 1$ with this link (until the 8th september):

http://hotspots.co/assangedocumentary/

Promoting The Filming

We will begin promoting the documentary at approximately 6 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time today (Tuesday 3rd September).

From the film's release and until the Australian Election we're making the documentary available for $1 (our regular list price would be $4.49).

We'd love your help in spreading the word, we think that it's important to get the insights into the hands of citizens and voters so they talk to candidates and elected members about the issues the film highlights.

Longer Post (blog, forum etc)

The Assange Agenda is a provocative film that looks at the deeper issues surrounding Julian Assange's bid for a seat in the Australian Senate.

Recent leaks by NSA Whistleblower, Edward Snowden have revealed the far reaching extent of mass surveillance of citizens, governments and officials by US Government Agencies. The Assange Agenda interviews international experts to examine the choices democracies face at this crucial moment in history.

The film examines the erosion of privacy, the rise of surveillance and it's polar opposite open government.

How much are we under surveillance? Can we protect our privacy and civil liberties? What would happen if this information fell into the wrong hands?

This film looks deeper at the implications for democracy in the information age and how we could all be effected.
"Les hommes qui ont vécu dans les laboratoires n'imaginent guère que les partis extrêmes" -
"Men who lived in the laboratories can hardly imagine anything else than extreme parties" (Louis Aragon, 1897-1982)

Offline deanpower

• New Member Group
Re: Assange Agenda Documentary
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 11:19:28 AM »
Thanks so much for sharing the documentary in the forum. We're really pleased with the response to the documentary so far. Our crowdfunding campaign to fund the completion of the documentary wasn't successful so we are working hard to spread the word about the film. We really appreciate your help.

Dean Power

Offline kimono

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 15:19:37 PM »
Some supporters from London also had a documentary project about Julian Assange, their videos might have been of interest to you...
Do you know them?
"Les hommes qui ont vécu dans les laboratoires n'imaginent guère que les partis extrêmes" -
"Men who lived in the laboratories can hardly imagine anything else than extreme parties" (Louis Aragon, 1897-1982)

enrica

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 18:12:40 PM »
Cool project.
I guess: there are many people always showing support in front of the embassy.
I haven't watched the videos but now I'm curious.

Offline kimono

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 18:19:55 PM »
I didn't see the videos too, because I was in front of the embassy for only 3 days last year...
And the supporters didn't tell me if they posted their videos on youtube or another website. I don't know if they finished the documentary...

However, I can give you the links to my own videos (not professionnal, I only had my smartphone), the playlist is here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ecoloindignes/videos

my favourite one is the "dance for Assange", it's very funny :)

Offline deanpower

• New Member Group
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 04:45:10 AM »
The guys in the Dance for Assange video are hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Offline deanpower

• New Member Group
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 04:49:01 AM »
Some supporters from London also had a documentary project about Julian Assange, their videos might have been of interest to you...
Do you know them?

No I don't think we've come across them. The Director of the Assange Agenda is going to London next week, do you have any details?

Offline kimono

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 09:26:45 AM »
I can send you some informations about the supporters who were involved in this video project by e-mail or private message on the forum.