Author Topic: Warning: wlfriends.org sending forum members abusive e mails  (Read 28776 times)

Howard Bourne

Warning: wlfriends.org sending forum members abusive e mails
« on: October 04, 2013, 20:36:12 PM »
It has come to our attention that some Forum members are receiving e-mails of threatening nature. These e-mails are harrassing and abusing members of the Forum.

Is seems that FOWL ( wlfriends.org ) are recruiting members of the WikiLeaks Forum to translate documents etc etc. The Wikileaks Forum members are being recruited

from the following e-mail address: [email protected].

The members e-mail addresses are then forwarded to a third party, who in return use the members' e-mail addresses to harrass WikiLeaks Forum members.

The sender of these mails is [email protected].

Simple reasearch reveals that netau.net is a free hosting company provided by www.000webhost.com and each subdomain, in this case fowl.NETAU.NET is managed by FOWL in Australia.

The WikiLeaks Forum will lodge an official complaint to WikiLeaks for allowing wlfriends.org to use our members' e-mail accounts to harrass them, simply because they are forum members.

We will not reproduce the content of the mails sent to our forum members, nor will we name the members who received the mail but we will hold those people responsible for their actions.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 20:51:15 PM by anon1984 »

Offline epug

Re: Warning: wlfriends.org sending forum members abusive e mails
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 21:55:35 PM »
this is getting weird.

Offline richardcrowden

• Basic Member
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 03:38:07 AM »
It is getting weird but then things do when they are connected to cults or people who practice the occult.

Take note of the name used for the email address in use for this endeavour - [email protected]
Read up on the meaning of archangel here in wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archangel and consider the
common methods cults use to control their followers/members/believers. There is a section dealing with the occult
and archangels in this wiki page. Cults are very hierarchical structures and the person using this term "archangel"
is putting themselves forward as an "angel of high rank" with "the attributes of God". I would caution any person,
anywhere in the world, of any faith to be extremely wary of anyone assigning such attributes to themselves and if
they ever encourage you to drink the kool-aid, don't do it.

Read this link regarding drinking the kool-aid and it's genesis in the Jonestown massacre of the members of the cult
The Peoples Temple http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid.

The above link is the best I can offer as a word of caution against anyone putting themselves forward as an archangel
with the attributes of God and attempting to control you and keep you from free and open discussion as found here
at the forum, where everyone is welcome and critical thinking encouraged.

Note the opening sentence here under the Wikipedia 'Drinking The Kool-aid' link "Drinking the Kool-Aid" is a metaphor
commonly used in the United States that refers to a person or group holding an unquestioned belief, argument, or philosophy without critical examination. "

Cults need to keep their members quarantined from outsiders points of view which may encourage them to examine critically their beliefs which
have been drummed into them by the cult. Freedom of thought or freedom of association with the wider world is discouraged for members of
a cult and the people targeted for recruitment. If you are experiencing pressure of this kind, anybody at all attempting to control what you do,
who you associate with or discouraging you to think critically and engage in free and open discussion with as many different people of as wide a variety
of points of view as possible in order to help you critically examine your beliefs, any argument or philosophy, then please critically examine that.
Come to your own conclusions.

And if the person attempting to do this to you is claiming for themselves the title of "archangel" with "the attributes of God", thank your lucky stars
that they have made this very obvious error of judgement.

You're welcome.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:54:57 AM by richardcrowden »

TrxiZ

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 13:41:19 PM »
Remembers me to that Campers in Counter Strike.

A Really Lame action with no effect.

"In Deutschland sagen wir, wenn man was macht soll man es richtig machen - aber nich soooooo lol"

n00bz

Howard Bourne

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 15:17:33 PM »
Seems the wlfriends.org attack on the Forum failed miserably and blew up in their own faces.

Found this too from a member;   "hello everybody :) I got an email from [email protected] telling me to be wary of the forum, you guys heard of this?"

Well, to wrap it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKG07305CBs

TrxiZ

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 15:42:03 PM »
As I Said

n0000000000bz

enrica

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 15:48:20 PM »
I belive this issue is easy to be explained.

The very first translations project was set up by this forum in cooperation woth WL abput GIFiles and The World Tomorrow.
Indeed this forum still has all the language boards with the translations and WL itself has been tweeting the translations in 2012.

After, as this forum criticised certain WL aspects, it was attacked by various entities, included WL staffers.

Two months ago, nearly, WL has been removing links to this forum from their site [ @T ? I think you can confirm this too, yes?].

Now the impression I have is WL / FoWL are trying to recruit translators trying to set up another project getting rid of this forum.

I partecipated to part of the Italian translation of the FoWL site with a collegue and, again WL had asked to this forum to help finding good translators, trusted people.
So I have no doubt WL itself has control over what is happening with these recruiting emails now.

enrica

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 16:00:38 PM »
Another consideration: How WikiLeaks/FoWL is acting cowardly and dirty here now.

If it's true that people are reciving warnings via FoWL trying to discredit this forum, I must say WikiLeaks has completely failed in their intentions of sharing transparency the worst way it was possible.

On january 2013 @wikileaks has retweeted a False claim from ex-account "stjarna franfalle" (now @marthagroup), a staffer of WL, claiming this forum deliberately put malware "around".

This claim was prooved to be False.

The same account + others have repeatedly told this forum is a "FBI forum".
This is absolutely False too: none of the forum stuffers have connection with the FBI.
Onnly ex admin Q, introduced by WikiLeaks (they sent him to the forum!), resulted to have cooperated with the FBI and we discovered this after he had left WL and the forum's staff.

It was WL asking this forum to give them all the emails of the members and this forum refused in respect of the privacy of the members.

NOW endorsed FoWL site "
Supporters
 What you can do to help (other than donate):
First of all, become a member of Friends of WikiLeaks at wlfriends.org, then sign up to our Twitter feed or Facebook feed to stay up to date. http://wikileaks.org/Supporters.html "

Sends their members emails warning the public about the potential danger they could face in this forum.

They do this Behind our shoulders and Lying.

If this were true, if we were really the FBI, what is WikiLeaks waiting to leak this in public?
Why is WL acting Hidden?
Why is WL trying to undermine this forum's reputation so coward way without the guts of telling this in public?

This is a forum and people are not leaking, they are just commenting without breaking any law: what should the FBI find here?
They would find nothing to investigate in.

What is WL waiting to tweet "They are all the FBI" so we can openly react telling the truth to the public, that it's WikiLeaks deliberately lying and trying to discredit a site that has become too uncomfortable for them?

Come on WikiLeaks, leak how I worked for the FBI, I want the proof now! *sarcasm* I never did anything like that, but as they are cowardly trying to undermine us, I want them to find the guts to face us in public and let's see who is telling lies now.

Offline richardcrowden

• Basic Member
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 16:43:25 PM »
Well, I think it's a good thing that Wikileaks look for translators to help it communicate with people, as a former professional translatormyself I understand the importance of being able to communicate across the many barriers to communication different cultures 
experience when attempting to understand one another, language being one of them.

This forum would even be an obvious place for Wikileaks to attempt to recruit translators for it's projects as the people who volunteer
their skills here are obviously interested in the organisation which this forum discusses.

I am concerned however at the quote from the initial paragraph of this email sent to translators asking them to quit volunteering here as
they state that initially people on this forum were expected to "express and nurture their support." (for Wikileaks) "Regrettably this is not true any more".
So the author of the email is asking people to leave the forum as they are no longer trusted by the author because they are not expressing
and nurturing their support for Wikileaks to the satisfaction of the author of this email.  Critical thinking and free and open discussion does
not seem to be required in the mind of the author, expressing and nurturing support is.  To me that sounds much the same as what happens
in the reeducation camps in places like North Korea, where citizens are moulded into clones who enthusiastically worship their 'Dear Leader'.
People are discouraged from critical thinking and free and open discussion in these types of places, instead they're brainwashed. 
In order to be considered a part of this community of people who like to talk about Wikileaks, you must only "express and nurture" your support.  
It's frightening, to be frank.

So, if the person attempting to recruit translators from this forum for, I assume, a Wikileaks project, is telling translators that this forum is no
longer trusted by themselves, whoever they are, because they have not been expressing and nurturing their support for Wikileaks in a 
sufficiently pleasing manner to this person, therefore it would seem to be a condition of their potential association with whatever Wikileaks endeavour
is ostensibly being established currently to cancel their association with this forum altogether.  Well, this is a very thinly veiled threat to ostracise members
from whatever community they are establishing, which I find incredibly odd for an organisation such as Wikileaks which claims to serve the public
at large by providing us with the information they say we need to know.  Even odder, they seem to be attempting to prevent people from seeing 
information that is discussed on this forum.  They are setting themselves up as a gatekeeper of information and censoring what the public can read
and discuss, and the manner in which they discuss it if they want to be part of the gang.  Very, very cult like, but also incredibly strange when you 
consider that supposedly the very same people have been criticising the mass media for being the gatekeepers of information.  Was it Mr Assange who said
 "this generation is burning the mass media to the ground"  or something very similar, for this very reason?  Holding back information and deciding
for themselves what information we are exposed to?  I think it was Mr Assange, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is censorship a thing now for the community that purports to support Wikileaks?  What happened to freedom of information, truth and transparency?
Freedom of expression?  Freedom?  Yes, what happened to freedom?  Can I be part of a community and be free?  Is that allowed?

This email is a blatant threat in my eyes to ostracise people with an interest in discussing Wikileaks from the "Wikileaks supporter" community if they
persist in saying anything that isn't considered by the author to be nurturing and expressing their support, much the same as in a communist reeducation 
camp in North Korea, where everybody expresses their love for their 'Dear Leader'. Or else.

Indeed, just being a member of a forum where things are said that the author of this email doesn't like to hear seems to be enough to make a person
persona non grata from whatever community or cult they belong to, or aspire to establish.

Offline mayya

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 16:54:36 PM »
Was it Mr Assange who said
 "this generation is burning the mass media to the ground" or something very similar, for this very reason? Holding back information and deciding
for themselves what information we are exposed to? I think it was Mr Assange, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Assange: ‘This generation is burning the mass media to the ground’
http://www.wikileaks-forum.com/wikileaks-supporters-forum-wikileaks-news/23/seo/23786/msg54202#msg54202
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 21:32:40 PM by anon1984 »

nad

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 18:03:27 PM »
I've got that mail too but I have nothing to do with translations or wlfriends.org. How did they get my e-mail address?

http://en.textsave.org/NiL

Offline richardcrowden

• Basic Member
    • Blog
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 18:08:54 PM »
Wow, really?

You got that email too, even before you ever made your first post here on the forum?

Gosh.  You must be one of the newest members too, something smells fishy there.  Very fishy indeed.

nad

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 18:16:14 PM »
Yes. I've registered last year but never posted anything before today.

Offline richardcrowden

• Basic Member
    • Blog
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 18:17:01 PM »
You wouldn't happen to be the author of this email would you nad?

Or know who is?

Just asking

enrica

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 18:23:50 PM »
I agree with Richard here: it's nice that wikileaks is looking for translators but Absolutely not correct that they spread discredit toward this forum by sending defamation via email.

This forum is a forum where you can be the Best hard core Assange and Wikileaks supporter and you can post Pro WL all the time but you can also criticise the organization [in this moment I'm strongly criticizing because they have overcomed all the limits of the decence by discrediting the forum so coward way].

I'm registred on fowl and they should know who I am but I recived no emails warning me of "how dangerous" is this forum: why aren't they trying to "save and recruit" myself too?