Author Topic: Warning: wlfriends.org sending forum members abusive e mails  (Read 28936 times)

enrica

Re: Warning: wlfriends.org sending forum members abusive e mails
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 18:25:32 PM »
I've got that mail too but I have nothing to do with translations or wlfriends.org. How did they get my e-mail address?

http://en.textsave.org/NiL

This is weird.
Are you registred anywherelse that is related to wikileaks ?

nad

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 18:33:39 PM »
You accuse me just because I asked a question? I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT! Maybe, they're right not to trust you!

Offline richardcrowden

• Basic Member
    • Blog
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 18:36:03 PM »
Who accused you nad?

You present an interesting reaction there.

enrica

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 18:41:28 PM »
You accuse me just because I asked a question? I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT! Maybe, they're right not to trust you!

Nad calm pls.

We just asked.

You know we are under attack in this moment.

I have a question: are you registred on fowl or anywherelse except from here?

enrica

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 18:50:40 PM »
Ppl #Fact

This forum has Never given any data of any member to any 3rd part.

In 2012 wikileaks asked this forum to send them the emails of the Members and we Refused as this forum is not part of Wikileaks.

#Fact whoever trying to accuse this forum of sending data to 3rd parts is wrong.

#Fact whoever has recived emails like that is some how registred in some wikileaks endorsed platform or there is something wrong happening here.

---

Nobody accused anyone but for sure coming here after 1 year commenting on this thread Only as if it were this forum passing data to wikileaks when this never happened makes some doubts rise in the nature of your intentions nad.

So without accusing anyone I must suppose WL some how has your email and it's not via forum or... WL hacked this forum?
Bcs if they did of course they did something very illegal... Just saying...

Offline richardcrowden

• Basic Member
    • Blog
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 18:56:10 PM »
I sincerely doubt that the forums database has been hacked and email addresses of members stolen,I would have expected a copy to be sent to me if that had happened, they would've spammed the lot,
not just one person who had never posted anything and a few translators who had given their email addresses
to an archangel.  It would be interesting to find out if these translators who received the emails in question
received them on the same email account that they registered with the forum, or have they used another email
address to give to the archangel?

Offline richardcrowden

• Basic Member
    • Blog
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 19:00:57 PM »
Do we know which archangel it is that we are potentially dealing with?

I hope it's Gabriel or Michael or someone, not Satan.  You know Satan is an archangel too right?

Satan doesn't really sound very nice, but it could just be rumours, you can't be too sure these days.

enrica

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 19:20:59 PM »
Do we know which archangel it is that we are potentially dealing with?

I hope it's Gabriel or Michael or someone, not Satan.  You know Satan is an archangel too right?

Satan doesn't really sound very nice, but it could just be rumours, you can't be too sure these days.

Yes from the Tech ppl of this forum I know that it's almost impossibile somebody hacked the data and as I'm part of the admin team I know no data has been given to 3rd parts.

If the Archangel is here - a chiedere of the celestial armies- he/she's welcome to talk with us and it's nice to be talking to a "nephilim" lol.

Bk to the real issue seriously WL has been selecting who to warn and who not to warn because I am in fowl and nobody has warned me via email -or hotmail deleted it as spam?- and for what I know at the moment the other admins have learned these facts from others.
And, Richard, you too that are standing with the forum since a while, haven't been warned and yes you haven't recived any email if you are just in the forum because this issue doesn't depend on the forum.

Any attempt to spread lies will fail because lies have short legs and long nose, so they are visible and don't go too far :)

Offline richardcrowden

• Basic Member
    • Blog
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 19:34:02 PM »
You know, I find it interesting that these emails have purportedly come from wlfriends.org or fowl (Friends of Wikileaks) because isn't it actually shut down these days?
I tried to click on the link and it doesn't work anymore, but nobody seems to be talking about why it is no longer operational, I've not heard anything anyway, but I
haven't asked anyone either before now. So here goes, any idea why it no longer is online?

And if it is no longer operational, how and why would it be emailing people at the forum trying to shut down the forum too, asking people to cancel their
membership? Could it be that wlfirends.org has suffered some sort of successful attack, been shut down and the attackers have now set their sights on this forum?
There's a bunch of people out there that want to shut down anything related to Wikileaks, you know, (handy hint, they are not really 'supporters')

Wow, is this cyber war? Are we bona fide armchair warriors now? Lol, pass the teapot and biscuits please.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 19:35:55 PM by richardcrowden »

TrxiZ

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 19:40:48 PM »
I think he is invovled with Raptor Jesus.

:)

It is not so a big deal - Our Users do not care about that EMail and at the moment it is backfireing at FoWL and some "Special" WikiLeaks Supporters.

What I can say and what all should know.

If our Forum is so lame and no one wants to read it - than I am wondering why they all talk about us.

That EMail did not generate what it should and I am wondering what ""Expert"" was behind that Fail Attack :-D

btw I found a home pet if you do not want a cat or a dog - A Fox :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbXP0v2uK-U

enrica

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 12:11:03 PM »
To well show what FoWL is "nicely" *sarcarm* sending to the forum's members, I'll report here the text posted in the link nad has kindly posted here in this conversation, so everybody can read it and value its content in the forum:

---

Subject: Warning: The WikiLeaks Forum can not be trusted
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 15:27:11 +0200 (EET)

To: ***

Dear user,

You are contacted because you are still registered with wikileaks-forum.com. This is to warn you that this website can not be trusted. People joined this forum in the belief that they were becoming members of WikiLeaks’ official forum, a place to express and nurture their support. Regrettably, this is not true anymore.

The forum site owner lost the trust of WikiLeaks as he pursues his own agenda. Over the past few months, he openly turned against WikiLeaks. Several forum administrators and moderators have been replaced by new staffers who can not be considered as supporters of WikiLeaks. One of the forum’s co-founders turned out to be a paid FBI informant.

Some months ago, the forum staff decided to remove the "Syria Files" board from the forum claiming that the release of the Syria Files would "only support the destruction of an elected government resulting in the deaths of over 60,000 innocent Syrians." The forum staff blamed WikiLeaks for being "part of a propaganda war against a sovereign state" and repeatingly insinuated a connection between the Syria Files release and the deaths of civilians.

The forum staff aggressively attacks WikiLeaks on Twitter, frequently claiming to speak on behalf of the 15,000 registered forum users. The latest incident: In response to WikiLeaks’ extensive criticism of the upcoming anti-WikiLeaks movie "The Fifth Estate", the forum staff tweeted: "People aren’t stupid, they don’t need to be brainwashed by WikiLeaks."

WikiLeaks has publicly distanced itself from the forum and stated:
"The ’WikiLeaks Forum’ is not run or endorsed by WikiLeaks and has no connection to WikiLeaks whatsoever."

If you want to support WikiLeaks then stop supporting this forum.

It is strongly recommended not to trust the forum staff. Note that most staffers use several identities (e.g. Jerbar and Riney actually is one person). Be aware that ANY conversation with staffers is logged and kept for future use.

If you wish to keep informed on WikiLeaks related matters, there are several credible websites you can turn to, like This Day in WikiLeaks and WikiLeaks Press.

Regards,
Friends of WikiLeaks

--
This is a one-off mailing only. Please do not reply to this e-mail.
We will not be sending any further messages to your e-mail address.
The senders are not affiliated with WikiLeaks.

Source: http://en.textsave.org/NiL
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:13:16 PM by isis »

enrica

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 12:47:04 PM »
Now let's analyze this "awesome" text.

... Starting from the end!

"This is a one-off mailing only. Please do not reply to this e-mail.
The senders are not affiliated with WikiLeaks"
 Sent by:

So They are NOT affiliated to WikiLeaks BUT they use a FoWL email.
They are not WikiLeaks but they have somehow used the emails of the forum presumed affiliated.
I have no idea where they have got these data, anyway even if this were an ex-forum staffer, the staffers of this forum aren't authorized to use the emails of the members this way.
So this person have litterally spammed those who recived this kind of message, and did it using an email mentioning FoWL.

---

"The forum site owner lost the trust of WikiLeaks as he pursues his own agenda. Over the past few months, he openly turned against WikiLeaks. Several forum administrators and moderators have been replaced by new staffers who can not be considered as supporters of WikiLeaks. One of the forum’s co-founders turned out to be a paid FBI informant"

So this basically accuses every staffer of being a FBI informants.
This is absolutely False.
Nobody here is a FBI informant.
Siggi (ex admin Q) was an informant, and it was WL leading him to the forum. The forum learned his activities after he left.

---

"...Some months ago, the forum staff decided to remove the "Syria Files" board from the forum claiming that the release of the Syria Files would "only support the destruction of an elected government resulting in the deaths of over 60,000 innocent Syrians." The forum staff blamed WikiLeaks for being "part of a propaganda war against a sovereign state" and repeatingly insinuated a connection between the Syria Files release and the deaths of civilians..."

The Syria Files can still be discussed on "Syria/ Syria civil war" boards. Nothing has been censored.
The Syria Files are Hacked Emails sent by FBI informant Sabu to WikiLeaks and show evenemails of private citiziens in public without any redaction.
Value yourselves if this forum can support such a kind of leak that isn't even about intelligence communications, and has been done exactly after Assad's re-election.

---

"The forum staff aggressively attacks WikiLeaks on Twitter, frequently claiming to speak on behalf of the 15,000 registered forum users. The latest incident: In response to WikiLeaks’ extensive criticism of the upcoming anti-WikiLeaks movie "The Fifth Estate", the forum staff tweeted: "People aren’t stupid, they don’t need to be brainwashed by WikiLeaks."

There are whole discussions in the WikiLeaks News board about this coming film.
I myself told I don't like the idea of this film.
But I also don't like the idea that WL decides for myself what to watch.
And "leaking" a transcript of a film is not exactly the kind of leak I would espect from an organization like WikiLeaks: there are issues more important than Assange's personal image to be discussed around.

---

"If you want to support WikiLeaks then stop supporting this forum..."

And if one supports this forum? Are they threatened of being harassed and called anti-WikiLeaks if they do?

---

"If you wish to keep informed on WikiLeaks related matters, there are several credible websites you can turn to, like This Day in WikiLeaks and WikiLeaks Press.

Regards,
Friends of WikiLeaks..."

But they say they are NOT connected to WikiLeaks at the end of the message!

Lol?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 15:29:30 PM by anon1984 »

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 14:15:11 PM »
An announcement has been made on the FoWL Facebook page concerning this thread....

"Open Apology from FoWL Facebook Group to WikiLeaks Forum Members

Recently there has been a very unsettling event that occurred on the WikiLeaks Forum that involved a group of rogue FoWL members that have issued false accusations towards that forum and it's staff.

The staff of this page which support the forum would like to use our right to freedom of speech to express our frustration with such attacks, as the forum is a place to discuss things about WikiLeaks/Assange either good or bad.

That freedom and flexibility is to some very ardent supporters of Assange disturbing if not sacrilege, and the forum receives ongoing attacks from these people from time to time.

In this case it involved the use of the FoWL name because the attack came from someone claiming to be Friends of WikiLeaks. The person who sent it claims to speak for ALL FoWL and we apologize on the behalf of FoWL as a whole for this unfortunate incident.

Let us not forget that WikiLeaks is an IDEA not a PERSON and freedom of speech is not owned or dictated by anyone. The idea of WikiLeaks was propagated by someone that rallied against the suppression of information by corrupt powers.

Let us not become what we originally fought against, we are all behind the idea of WikiLeaks, but some may feel the need to reconsider the path towards freedom of information on the way there. We have the right to do so."

the link: https://www.facebook.com/WikiLeaks.FoWl/posts/597162466988766
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 15:45:40 PM by Jerbar »
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 18:42:59 PM »
Well it seems someone in WikiLeaks did not like the letter on the Facebook FoWL page, please excuse the vulgar language at the bottom of this screen shot....

Oh well, such is the fight towards freedom of speech. Just exactly as the letter itself states "freedom of speech is not owned or dictated by anyone" NOT even WikiLeaks or Julian Assange.

The denial of any FoWL page on Facebook and there are many, by WikiLeaks staff is a desperate attempt to control the rights of others to express themselves.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

enrica

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 12:28:25 PM »
Perfect, so they basically admit @wikileaks was perfectly aware of the FoWL defamatory email sent to the "forumites" via FoWL site as they were so ready to answear.
They approve what has been done despite...

"This is a one-off mailing only. Please do not reply to this e-mail.
The senders are not affiliated with WikiLeaks"
 Sent by:

So WikiLeaks lied twice.
Congratulations!