Author Topic: Warning: wlfriends.org sending forum members abusive e mails  (Read 28775 times)

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
Re: Warning: wlfriends.org sending forum members abusive e mails
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2013, 17:45:08 PM »
There is so many unknowns and secrets surrounding WikiLeaks. I mean really, what does anyone know for sure about WikiLeaks? I am finding more everyday that I know less about them. For an organization that has continually sailed through time on the banner of truth, it is hard to justify the amount of secrecy they practice.

I am still watching some of the reactions from people concerning that desperate tweet about the forum, a FoWL Facebook page and the letter posted there being fabrications. WikiLeaks has been shown to produce some of their own fabrications these days, so I don't think I will be respecting any of their opinions of fabrications elsewhere.

That fabricated tweet about fabrications was retweeted by a whole of less than 10 people the last I checked. WikiLeaks has over 2 million people following them on twitter. So the amount of WikiLeaks twitter followers that agree with that tweet is about 0.000004% of the whole. Should I really be worried about this? NOT!

I reviewed the ones that did retweet it, one guy was doing it as a joke, he sent WikiLeaks a tweet saying that he wanted to help them with their retweets because of the sad result he saw, the others.... well let us just say I don't think I will be losing sleep over their opinions either. I know them all too well.....
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 18:37:16 PM by Riney »
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Howard Bourne

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2013, 18:47:54 PM »
oh well, 8 retweets speaks for itself....I just saw who retweeted so now I will eat some chocs

But , since we are all talking about "FoWl" and Julian Assange claims that ALL FoWl Groups in the US are "fraud", the burning question has to be asked:

What happened to https://wlfriends.org/ ????

Why is it still offline, and even when ist online......what does it do ?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 18:52:35 PM by Z »

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2013, 22:35:17 PM »
Interesting questions @Z, it seems that the official website for FoWL has been down for sometime, for whatever reason. 

Yet interestingly enough, someone still chose to use the guise of a FoWL member to play out this charade. Actually not just a member but wlfriends.org itself. Then WikiLeaks accused this forum of being a fraud, well well well...

By the way, don't be stingy with those chocs, hand them over... :-)
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

enrica

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2013, 13:43:33 PM »
An Italian version of this announcement has been posted here for full knowledge of the facts for all: 

Attenzione: wlfriends.org sta mandando emails abusive ai membri del Forum

http://www.wikileaks-forum.com/index.php?topic=24207.0

Offline Jerbar

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 15:43:20 PM »
Wow, this issue appears to be ongoing. Their are some people saying that they are receiving emails from "wlfriends.org" questioning them why their membership on this forum is still active: "but yesterday I received an email from fowl, asserting that i still appear to be a member of the Forum". 

Two things about this are disturbing to me. 

One, that someone is pretending to be FoWL, the site "wlfriends.org" site is dead and has been dead for quite some time. 

Second, that someone is monitoring the membership status of our members, that is not cool. 

Going forward, I would like to reassure all members of this forum that the admin team are on top of this. It is simply a deviant way to attack this forum because we have decided to allow all shades of opinions on the issues surrounding Wikileaks and Assange, including critical points of view.

Fanatic people do deviant things when their dreams of utopia are threatened. This forum has never been any threat to utopia, utopia has it's own true natural enemy, a little thing called reality. Fanatical people do not live in it.

enrica

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 09:15:13 AM »
I recived this kind of info. too.

The content of the message won't be shared here, according to the original announcement, unless it's the person him/herself sharing as it happened in this conversation before.

We now clearly understand the FoWL message was not direct to our translators only.
It seems that basically whatever Forum member that isn't part of the staff could have recived a FoWL email discrediting this forum.

1) someone is pretending to be FoWL

2) "wlfriends.org" site is dead and has been dead for quite some time

3) someone is monitoring the membership status of our members

Yes Jerbar. Not cool. It looks almost stalking.
It means that some guys basically checked every active member to send them harassing emails.

Again: the actual forum staffers haven't passed the emails of anyone to any third party.

I don't know if may be ex-staffers that in the past tried to hijack the forum may have hold the email adresses... [???]
But this would be actually betraying the guidelines, the law and the privacy of the people here so we strongly condemn this behaviour.

Everybody will be held accountable for his/her actions.

enrica

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 13:21:28 PM »
Here are those who are promoting this defamation against the forum lesive of the forum members' privacy:

[Today's tweets]

These tweets come from the same account that has lied telling the forum contained malware (ex @stjarnafranfalle)

MarthaMitchellGroup@marthagroup

'http://wikileaks-forum.com/ ' is not run or endorsed by #WikiLeaks: http://wikileaks.org/Supporters.html  It is a fraud on the public: https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/387197432036982784
17 Oct 13

Source: https://twitter.com/marthagroup/status/390772784516722688

Retweeted by:

MarthaMitchellGroup@marthagroup

Warning: 'http://wikileaks-forum.com/ ' (@wikileaks_forum) Cannot Be Trusted: http://www.cabledrum.net/wlf_warning_mail.html … #WikiLeaks #Assange
17 Oct 13

Source: https://twitter.com/marthagroup/status/390773035248001025

Retweeted by:

---

The content is the revealed text of the Defamatory emails sent to the forum members that now appears posted in the @Cabledrummer's site:

Subject: Warning: The WikiLeaks Forum can not be trusted
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 06:58:01 +0100

Reply-To:    [email protected]
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear user,

You are contacted because you are still registered with wikileaks-forum.com. This is to warn you that this website can not be trusted. People joined this forum in the belief that they were becoming members of WikiLeaks’ official forum, a place to express and nurture their support. Regrettably, this is not true anymore.

The forum site owner lost the trust of WikiLeaks as he pursues his own agenda. Over the past few months, he openly turned against WikiLeaks. Several forum administrators and moderators have been replaced by new staffers who can not be considered as supporters of WikiLeaks. One of the forum’ co-founders turned out to be a paid FBI informant.

Some months ago, the forum staff decided to remove the "Syria Files" board from the forum claiming that the release of the Syria Files would "only support the destruction of an elected government resulting in the deaths of over 60,000 innocent Syrians." The forum staff blamed WikiLeaks for being "part of a propaganda war against a sovereign state" and repeatingly insinuated a connection between the Syria Files release and the deaths of civilians.

The forum staff aggressively attacks WikiLeaks on Twitter, frequently claiming to speak on behalf of the 15,000 registered forum users. The latest incident: In response to WikiLeaks’ extensive criticism of the upcoming anti-WikiLeaks movie "The Fifth Estate", the forum staff tweeted: "People aren’t stupid, they don’t need to be brainwashed by WikiLeaks."

WikiLeaks has publicly distanced itself from the forum and stated:
"The ’WikiLeaks Forum’ is not run or endorsed by WikiLeaks and has no connection to WikiLeaks whatsoever."

If you want to support WikiLeaks then stop supporting this forum.

It is strongly recommended not to trust the forum staff. Note that most staffers use several identities (e.g. Jerbar and Riney actually is one person). Be aware that ANY conversation with staffers is logged and kept for future use.

If you wish to keep informed on WikiLeaks related matters, there are several credible websites you can turn to, like This Day in WikiLeaks and WikiLeaks Press.

UPDATE: In response to an earlier release of this mailing, the forum staff falsely accused wlfriends.org to have provided user data for it. In order to substantiate this allegation, the forum staff posted an "Open Apology from FoWL Facebook Group to WikiLeaks Forum Members."

This Facebook group is actually owned by the site owner of the forum and administrated by a forum staffer. WikiLeaks replied: "This letter and facebook group are fabrications. The group is controlled by ’Mark’ and has nothing to do with FoWL. It is a fraud on the public, as is wikileaks-forum."

Regards,
Friends of WikiLeaks

--
This is a one-off mailing only. Please do not reply to this e-mail.
We will not be sending any further messages to your e-mail address.
The senders are not affiliated with WikiLeaks or wlfriends.org.

Source:
http://www.cabledrum.net/wlf_warning_mail.html

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 15:22:49 PM »
I have also been approached by some people on twitter asking me questions concerning my opinions on issues that have to do with Assange and this forum. 

I won't be answering any of their questions, or reacting to any of their accusations , and continue to use this forum to express my opinions as if these people do not exist! If they expose themselves to me on twitter, I will block them instantaneously each time. I have no respect or time for these people. 

This forum is the platform where I will express my opinions about Assange, WikiLeaks, FOI, transparency, etc. Twitter has never been a good platform for me to express myself because the limit of space and the attacks of people that do not believe the way I do about Assange. 

Anyone that would like to express their opinions of Assange that differ from mine are free to discuss them on this forum as well. No one gets attacked on this forum like people get attacked on twitter for expressing their right to freedom of speech.    

Anyone that wants to know my opinions can read through my replies themselves. I stand by everything I have ever said, even before when I felt differently about Assange. I used to support him much more than I do now. That was before he changed for me personally into someone I do not agree with on certain issues.

It is my right to decide for myself how to feel about anything. I will not be intimidated or harassed by people that want to suppress my opinions.

Offline richardcrowden

• Basic Member
    • Blog
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 18:38:34 PM »
Well, look, as the person who thought up the idea that became known as Wikileaks, on request, the most important
thing I have to say on this forum is that I endorse this forum 100 percent.

I do not endorse Mr Julian Assange 100 percent.  He has a lot of work to do if that is on his 'to achieve' list.

Mr Julian Assange has made a right royal mess of things in my opinion.

This forum on the other hand, I endorse 100 percent.  I may have mentioned that already.

I kind of like the idea of open discussion, free speech, freedom of expression, freedom of association, oh, and freedom too.

But maybe that's just me.  Oh, no it's not, the other people who use this forum kind of like that shit too.

Go figure.

That small handful of monkeys out there on twitter and sending emails to members, trying to shut down a forum
of free expression was only to be expected.  Worthless pieces of previously digested and subsequently excreted
foodstuffs the lot of them.  Don't give them more time than they are worth, which is much less than the time it takes
to find something more important to spend your time on, which is anything else at all to be frank.

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2013, 18:55:04 PM »
@RichardCrowden, 

I am so glad that you brought up that WikiLeaks is an idea! So many of these people think that WikiLeaks is a person.

TrxiZ

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2013, 19:17:51 PM »
As a german I allways thoughted and believed People do not need a Leader.

Well now some people out there teached me they still love to believe in one Person instead a Idea.

A Person can never be:

"open discussion, free speech, freedom of expression, freedom of association, oh, and freedom too."

Only a hive of people can create that together.

That is what that Forum is about.

Those People on Twitter...?

Marc

enrica

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 10:00:30 AM »
Via @Cabledrummer we know that this defamatory crap has been posted on WL Central too now:

@Cabledrummer

@EPJas2 Thanks for sharing, everyone should read it. The full text is also available at WL Central http://wlcentral.org/node/2900

Source: https://twitter.com/Cabledrummer/status/390860308706631680

---

I liked all you have written here before T, Riney, Richard.

I asked outsider neutral persons to give me an opinion on what happened here, that emails have been improperly sent to every forum member.

They said it's Illegal.
Because they picked up data to abuse the privacy.

Being these people, Cabledrummer included, ex forum staffers, and given the fact that many registred in this forum are also registred in FoWL that is run by more or less the same team of WL volunteers, to have the emails isn't difficult. But it's illegal to own them without consense or to use them for improper stalking aims.

WL supports Snowden for leaking the NSA abuses the privacy of the internet users by holding their data when they did nothing bad.
Well here WikiLeaks volunteers are doing exactly the same thing and, while the NSA at least may have good reasons to investigate, WL volunteers have malicious intentions.

Also: NO staffer of this forum has ever asked anyone to stop supporting WikiLeaks.
In the "worst" case staffers here criticized some WL aspects.
Indeed I personally apreciate many things of WikiLeaks even though in this moment I think it has muted in a way that it's nomore what it was at the beginning... I anyway support WL and the Idea of WL.
Here instead via WL mentioned supporter projects, "endorsed" sites if we want to use this term, people ask others to leave this Forum.
The Forum never asked anyone to quit supporting WikiLeaks or WikiLeaks projects. BUT WikiLeaks approved sites ask people to leave the Forum.

There is something wrong here, no?

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2013, 00:23:24 AM »
There is certainly many things wrong here:

1. People trying to control other peoples actions by lying to them. 

2. People preaching to everyone else about how they support transparency but then secretly pulling these illegal methods, to achieve personal gains. 

3. Nobel cause corruption, which is considering yourself so noble that illegal activities and/or coercive tactics are somehow excused for you, but not for others. 

4. True cult like following that borders on delusional by way over exaggerating the faults of non cult people.    

5. Arrogance and conceit that blinds people of their own faults and leading to unbearable self righteous behaviors.  

I could go on, but I think you get what I am saying. Sometimes I feel like fighting it out with these people, but then sometimes I realize if I just hold back, they will end up destroying themselves somehow.

Offline lil_king420

• New Member Group
    • -= Idea Anonymous =- YouTube Channel
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 06:23:24 AM »
Informational Update

This email continues to circulate as I received it tonight.  I am in the US and as some concern has been raised to that end I am replying here.  FWIW.  I am posting the full header and attaching a screenshot of the email.  Personally I remain unclear as to the intentions here so I'll be reviewing this thread again.  I will add additional information if/when I come across any.  Hope this helps.

Stay safe. Stay vigilant!

The full header of email is as follows:

From Friends of WikiLeaks Fri Oct 18 20:21:02 2013
X-Apparently-To: (personal email omitted) via 98.139.245.188; Fri, 18 Oct 2013 20:21:06 -0700
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received-SPF: pass (domain of openmailbox.org designates 88.190.48.190 as permitted sender)
 dSBhcmUgc3RpbGwgcmVnaXN0ZXJlZCB3aXRoIGh0dHA6Ly93aWtpbGVha3Mt
 Zm9ydW0uY29tLiBUaGlzIGlzIHRvIHdhcm4geW91IHRoYXQgdGhpcyB3ZWJz
 aXRlIGNhbiBub3QgYmUgdHJ1c3RlZC4gUGVvcGxlIGpvaW5lZCB0aGlzIGZv
 cnVtIGluIHRoZSBiZWxpZWYgdGhhdCB0aGV5IHdlcmUgYmVjb21pbmcgbWVt
 YmVycyBvZiBXaWtpTGVha3PigJkgb2ZmaWNpYWwgZm9ydW0sIAEwAQEBAQN0
 ZXh0L3BsYWluAwMwAgN0ZXh0L2h0bWwDAzU-
X-YMailISG: JNiD0bQWLDsomfZgOJIJXPWG38kP.hLnn1UvAvCFnVMW7QdH
 O4TV1zViMmEJQmkst5mYLuwGwn88yus8sbP9RIqO8IPFQYJShtlGQokq9W2P
 57bRo85BWjvQGSuJzRHbYz5l90Jcr9HyKOrBSrYQ5WhSrUA2vdZF2x8hw3eh
 ZgSO0EG2azoD9uM2q0kTbSCVzW2LahbRGL18n1wkUZD6vtjF4vdLqy0VFsi9
 viO0BZsFRfOZVsY7isX1KAaqvnX3f01VU6PzsMqwFpsLsYKFV8opnKCS_P9N
 lf5BD1I67_VdLMRs00jpNyCGkQVRw_IztzR99a4XV6N9HYVwStLrkjiSn6cU
 i8Ji.7xJPGGOd2RLCbM7SRZ3AaIgc8RilO8n4Zb47k0Cv6sS.rE3a6wGQtcX
 ctgmD6uIZGgVpNFc10Wd4txLWzYanmO6S2tpu8_Ngdnw_ntQ9oxIYk4BX5Uc
 bCSmUYrAqHlhTudFJmk_wX..FqzWGme5dpQVu9aolNHxkJPHIJ7JPL9_7Dfm
 OZ4AmPfBuU6_kaRtknmZlcS3zZwMSQZ8Nh6XY3DMcViMastRLESioQisFola
 dZQGwKrDdo6bhQEfN6Hx3oEmY3WpvzEj3wmSmPhIWVRFTi2SeiB48o0jCST6
 Tztecby668fjLfTbZyrB8gpNEjpZvwuFCPpqBlKBi4eG8TE5.jSlAbEvJqem
 MhIWE1k0e3iCgilVJAC.bOXgJnuba2Xo6H95PBvkAYIj9jN_kbMgAM90XWMb
 Keo5mRhGboQTlXcQFDzhFezmRSofxCvB3kPtsHM1tdZ2Yeg.gOjZwqNB7ovw
 TNLBDEjM12d1Lf8j5m8USe_ADd6ZYMDBZIVnlIRvp8uDOJJRORTrZbkCmby7
 mBoH4J39pcwHNNWL3xQSzc51bZAYauh_NMGPKtH22jwEjSXYgiiuPLd0wjlj
 OW3dm8ASnvq1k_dAIL7mpN5UX5V.F6h0VV82996JT5HIdWlKpq65Ctybm4qi
 jKr4OjTdBHwTiBGlLQE.JWM_Yi3qWTzNHAlVLUV7Py5EUj6ERsCW9fA5i9s0
 Lh1YCDyO3GqI2cENz2DddUmhPZNW21hrZUybF_CWy2whv4P0S5zRJpjj3pX6
 GRwKqWmpA2Yz4FZAIwHiQsO9N97JKo.j7ZhfSYgYydelzyZuDWa5igM69R0t
 pDKN3atEKdqbQjd_Z.BPqZePuc.TWujITC8qu_v5O2KFNyA_GzcX9pk236Ih
 hXQJcMcnkwI14AhPARVC4Wwnl8YRFq9cDk_9HdJ.I4vDauyoeyCjO2HK85QY
 59I0jPF6zAieYRR6VlUItUUqccITkmK1uzTjG3GmGnheRJVxOGArVRIOdGyF
 KSAgJ2F7kLJ1wDkFuWHVfh_QEai0vh8Y0VtMy9k_Lbp44jrQAHgAn3hyoxtk
 HTNTbrAFzzoCVjsb5X_EmCOat.zi1LE7tk6u7Swg
X-Originating-IP: [88.190.48.190]
Authentication-Results: mta1110.mail.gq1.yahoo.com  from=openmailbox.org; domainkeys=neutral (no sig);  from=openmailbox.org; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1  (EHLO mail.openmailbox.org) (88.190.48.190)
  by mta1110.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Fri, 18 Oct 2013 20:21:06 -0700
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
    by mail.openmailbox.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 024BA3681C4D
    for (personal email omitted); Sat, 19 Oct 2013 05:21:05 +0200 (CEST)
X-Virus-Scanned: at openmailbox.org
Received: from mail.openmailbox.org ([127.0.0.1])
    by localhost (mail.openmailbox.org [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10026)
    with ESMTP id D4__NOCDaf_d for (personal email omitted);
    Sat, 19 Oct 2013 05:21:03 +0200 (CEST)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 04:21:02 +0100
To: (personal email omitted)
Reply-To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Warning: The WikiLeaks Forum can not be trusted
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-Priority: 3
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="b1_06709f3492c3cccf6eb54dfb03f24d34"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Length: 8183

WHOIS for sending IP address 88.190.48.190

% This is the RIPE Database query service.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
%
% The RIPE Database is subject to Terms and Conditions.
% See http://www.ripe.net/db/support/db-terms-conditions.pdf

% Note: this output has been filtered.
% To receive output for a database update, use the "-B" flag.

% Information related to '88.190.48.0 - 88.190.48.255'

% Abuse contact for '88.190.48.0 - 88.190.48.255' is '[email protected]'

inetnum: 88.190.48.0 - 88.190.48.255
netname: FR-DEDIBOX
descr: Dedibox SAS
descr: Hosting Customers
descr: Paris, France
remarks: trouble: Information: http://www.dedibox.fr/
remarks: trouble: Spam/Abuse requests: http://www.dedibox.fr/abuse/
remarks: trouble: Spam/Abuse requests: mailto:[email protected]
admin-c: ACP23-RIPE
tech-c: TCP8-RIPE
mnt-by: PROXAD-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered

role: Administrative Contact for ProXad
address: Free SAS / ProXad
address: 8, rue de la Ville L'Eveque
address: 75008 Paris
phone: +33 1 73 50 20 00
fax-no: +33 1 73 92 25 69
remarks: trouble: Information: http://www.proxad.net/
admin-c: APfP1-RIPE
tech-c: TPfP1-RIPE
nic-hdl: ACP23-RIPE
abuse-mailbox: [email protected]

role: Technical Contact for ProXad
address: Free SAS / ProXad
address: 8, rue de la Ville L'Eveque
address: 75008 Paris
phone: +33 1 73 50 20 00
fax-no: +33 1 73 92 25 69
remarks: trouble: Information: http://www.proxad.net/
admin-c: APfP1-RIPE
tech-c: TPfP1-RIPE
nic-hdl: TCP8-RIPE
abuse-mailbox: [email protected]

% Information related to '88.160.0.0/11AS12322'

route: 88.160.0.0/11
descr: ProXad network / Free SAS
descr: Paris, France
origin: AS12322

% This query was served by the RIPE Database Query Service version 1.69 (WHOIS3)

Offline Pond

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 11:58:24 AM »
Hi lil_king, thanks for posting this :) I finally received it too, yesterday, coming from the same email address as the one you received.
From what everyone has reported here so far, it seems they send it out to a few email addresses, then switch to a new email address, then send it out to another group of recipients.

I wonder what they hope to gain from switching email addresses though...the email is the same laughable fake, and no matter what the email address, as long as they use free domains and not [email protected] or the like, no one will be fooled into thinking this email is "official", anyway.