Author Topic: Addendum- More Replies to the recent Assange attack on @akaWACA  (Read 4289 times)

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
Well, as an update to the whole issue of this forum not being endorsed by WikiLeaks.... allow me to enlighten you on the most recent developments.

Apparently WikiLeaks has also pulled endorsement from it's Australian Support Group as well????

WikiLeaks @wikileaks
Australia: A front group, "akaWACA" fasely claims to be a support group for WikiLeaks. It is not endorsed and exists for its own reasons.

WikiLeaks @wikileaks
@akaWACA Please remove the word "WikiLeaks" from your name and all misleading uses of the WikiLeaks logo and logotype

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/387759726408134657
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 16:46:11 PM by Jerbar »
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

enrica

Addendum- More Replies to the recent Assange attack on @akaWACA
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 12:30:49 PM »
I need to recall all the neurons before typing decently this morning... What WL has tweeted to WACA is a big slap in their faces after years of rallies, political support to the WLparty, to Julian Assange and Bradley Manning and whistleblowers in general.
I'm a bit shocked.

I must comment that you can't "endorse" a supporter.

You can endorse a site, a party may be: this means that that entity should represent the "official views" of the organization.

But how can you endorse supporters, sorry?

Each supporter just "supports": it means that he/she does what he/she think may give energy, visibility, material help to the organization.
Each supporter has his/her own conception of the organization and not always this coincides with the "official version". One can support for various reasons... because you share the same values, because you think that entity is doing good, because you think it is the "less worst choice" you can make in that moment... It doesn't necessary coincide with "cloning ourselves" identical way on the "official version".

It's Impossible, absolutely Impossible to have a human identical to another; so it's with supporters... There are some that even "support" for their own interests and we even don't know; some support because they agree, because they feel just inspired... It's not possible to "endorse" supporters or do "unendorse" them unless you create almost clones.

This forum was NOT coinciding with WL since the beginning, and its content is not necessary identical to what WL would have published. This is because we are different.
So it is fow AkaWAKA and many others.
And we anyway all Love the basical ideas founding WikiLeaks of truth, justice for all, freedom of information and transparency.

If WL is not, in this moment, able to face this insider difference, this that makes it Rich^^ inside because there are differences, it seriously risks to end up like those species with lack of genetical varieties: as the 1st obstacle as they can't count on other possible solutions they risk to fall...

Back to the issue, anyway, the problem is that supporters are NOT clones.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 16:46:58 PM by Jerbar »

enrica

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 12:48:23 PM »
In this moment I can't see certain WL tweets sent to @akaWACA before the last one visible via computer:

[ @wikileaks:Australia: A front group, "akaWACA" fasely claims to be a support group for WikiLeaks. It is not endorsed and exists for its own reasons. - Source:https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/387759726408134657 ]

I want to post here the screenshot of the full serie of tweets sent after it.

I'm happy if @wikileaks has retired the last 2 ones, anyway facts are not deniable, so here's the full serie:

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 16:47:21 PM by Jerbar »

Offline kimono

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 14:55:02 PM »
perhaps that there are political negotiations between Wikileaks and other people, who are negociating his asylum and maybe the deal was that Wikileaks has to distance itself from some supporters organizations???...
(these tweets come in the same time that Ecuador announcement about Hague court, maybe there's a link?)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 16:47:45 PM by Jerbar »
"Les hommes qui ont vécu dans les laboratoires n'imaginent guère que les partis extrêmes" -
"Men who lived in the laboratories can hardly imagine anything else than extreme parties" (Louis Aragon, 1897-1982)

Howard Bourne

Re: Addendum- More Replies to the recent Assange attack on @akaWACA
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 17:22:27 PM »
perhaps that there are political negotiations between Wikileaks and other people, who are negociating his asylum and maybe the deal was that Wikileaks has to distance itself from some supporters organizations???...
(these tweets come in the same time that Ecuador announcement about Hague court, maybe there's a link?)

Nothing on this Earth justifies those Tweets. WikiLeaks RELIES on supporters !

Offline Pond

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 19:49:53 PM »

I don't really see why there should be such a deal - Assange is not WikiLeaks, just a part.

But let's assume that was the truth - it would by no means justify these pathetic tweets! What kind of editor in chief would damage his organization in order to save his own skin? I'd say a lousy one.
And nothing, absolutely nothing, justifies slapping your most loyal supporters accross the face like this. For years, akaWACA have been rallying for Assange like there's no tomorrow - let's face it, they were his supporter's base in Australia. They were the ones who organised everything, and they invested SO much time and effort. As someone on Twitter put it, "they believe in WikiLeaks' cause more than Assange himself". Julian's behaviour today was unacceptable. Pardon my anger, but it seems his mommy never taught him how to treat people, in particular people who have helped you.

What we saw today was an ego-meltdown at the cost of loyal, valuable supporters. I guess this goes to show how little Julian cares about his supporters nowadays - he has disrespected his supporters, and by that his entire supporter community and by extension the very ideas of WikiLeaks.

I would guess I'm not the only one who is currently wondering: what is he doing?

Why is he commiting virtual suicide?

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 00:58:07 AM »
It can not be stated enough that WikiLeaks should be considered an idea, a function, a way to transfer information to an misinformed public, so that an informed public can be made aware of wrong doings by powerful corrupt people/governments that control information to their advantage. 

So I have total respect for people that say  "they believe in WikiLeaks' cause more than Assange himself"

That is the way it should be. This attack on this support group of WikiLeaks because they were speaking up about how Assange's political endeavor did not go as he planned because of things he might have been at fault about, it is wrong. 

Time and time again he equates anti Assange actions into anti WikiLeaks actions. He does this to manipulate the perception of what people speak out about into something more horrible. It is much more horrible to be viewed as someone who is against freedom of information than it would be if someone was simply against Assange's actions. 

How hypocritical can you get when you tweet all day about how some Hollywood movie might taint your image to the viewing public, when time and time again, he himself twist the public perception of people speaking out against him into something that is considered an act against freedom of information? 

Hypocritical to the top degree indeed!
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline kimono

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 12:11:55 PM »
ok, but maybe the reason is: Julian Assange just wants to go to Ecuador, and now he doesn't care about people who support him in Australia, in Europe or elsewhere?
maybe he's doing this, because he wants people to forget him in his own country, as his own government didn't help him in his quest for asylum?... maybe he doesn't want people to speak about him anymore?
"Les hommes qui ont vécu dans les laboratoires n'imaginent guère que les partis extrêmes" -
"Men who lived in the laboratories can hardly imagine anything else than extreme parties" (Louis Aragon, 1897-1982)

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 22:27:19 PM »
Interesting questions kimono, hard to say what Julian Assange is thinking. But I am sure he does not want people to forget him. WikiLeaks relies on donations to run, without donations WikiLeaks would not exist. 

He certainly does not want people poorly of him , people that speak of him with praise and admiration is always wanted by him.