Author Topic: Ancient Walls discovered in coastal region of Konkan, India  (Read 5235 times)

Offline Aventador

• Light from the Hell
Ratnagiri, Konkan, India - New Discovery of Konkan Culture is made which is older than harappa culture i.e almost 8000 B.C older.

On coastal line of Srivardhan to Malvan(225 kms long) Archeologist Dr.Ashok Marathe of Pune Historical Department of Deccan College, Pune found a stoned wall which is 3meters in height which is now seen in 12 places. This concludes that older civilisation existed there. But purpose of that wall is still clueless.  Since then beach is destroyed and ocean rose 1to5 kms inside which is current.

above text is translation from Marathi language so please sustain some grammatical mistakes :)
for photos and more

http://72.78.249.107/esakal/20110526/5604108009157186226.htm

translator for Marathi Language is not available yet u can see photographs
One chance in millions

Offline Quantum

• I can resist everything except temptation.
Re: Ancient Walls discovered in coastal region of Konkan, India
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 15:18:32 PM »
This kind of stuff excite me so much. 8000 BC it means this civilization existed parallel with the egyptian one. As far as I know the indian ancient culture is also very rich especially in metaphysical concepts and ideas of the universe and the human nature. I'll try and look for more information. :)
You must satisfy your invariant instincts or you will be at odds with your own character. It is only when we are not at odds with our basic makeup that we can find life meaningful. - Julian Assange

Offline Aventador

• Light from the Hell
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 07:59:10 AM »
yes its time to revise history again. There are more still things we  don't know.
One chance in millions

Offline Priest

• New Member Group
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 15:35:40 PM »
This find simply proves yet again that modern science and history have to rewrite itself regularly. I recall decades ago when Jacques Cousteau claimed he had found a paved road deep in the Mediterranean Sea and he also found a cave deep under the sea of the Bahamas, near Bimini, which had clearly been formed on dry land as it included dropstone formations etc.

The interesting part is that if civilizations were able to build with stone at the height of the last iceage then our modern view of civilizations development clearly have to be rewritten. Perhaps the problem with our current view of historical development of civilization is based upon our Western Worlds scholars "prejudice" in clinging to the belief that the cradle of civilization was in Africa and the Mediterranean. Perhaps civilizations in Asia and the Americas were actually well ahead of the African development but perhaps crumpled as the sea level rose as the end of the iceage drew near.

Offline jasonBourne

• V is for vigilante.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 06:25:49 AM »
Fascinating!

Offline Freddie Ng

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 16:53:43 PM »
Great stuff .. thanks a lot for sharing ^^

Offline THE DON

• New Member Group
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 12:51:12 PM »
the PARSHURAMA legend in the puranas of hinduism describes that SHRI PARSHURAMA conquered the land of konkan from the sea. looking through a scientific view, SHRI PARSHURAMA and his disciples may have reclaimed the land(not like by today's advanced techniques) and to protect the land from sea they may have built a wall. but in these 8000 years the sea level may have increased and the water came in regaining the land.

Offline StuSter

• The Mystic Transform
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 17:03:54 PM »
And the googlemaps is not allowing to see the same.. any idea why?? security reasons??
What happened, happened and could not have happened any other way