Author Topic: Bitcoins-New internet currency for donations without Paypal or CCs  (Read 12517 times)

Offline infohedon

• New Member Group
Re: Bitcoins-New internet currency for donations without Paypal or CCs
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 01:56:53 AM »
I tried to clarify the process of acquiring and donating bitcoins here:
I am not all that comfy hooking bitcoin to my bank account. Any other way?

Technically, you'd be using Dwolla as an intermediary account. So you're never hooking bitcoin into your bank account. It's more like this:

Your personal account (Dollars) --> Dwolla (Dollars) --> MtGox (Dollars/BitCoin) --> MyBitCoin (BitCoin) --> WikiLeaks (BitCoin)

And you can skip the MyBitCoin step and go right from MtGox --> WikiLeaks if you like.

Directions again: http://infohedon.blogspot.com/2011/07/donate-to-wikileaks-with-bitcoins-tell.html

Offline tabula rasa

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 11:54:52 AM »
So essentially, buying Bitcoins is exactly the same as buying shares... You can use an online broking/trading service to buy the Bitcoins and store them. But unlike share trading you can just 'give' your Bitcoins to another user. And like online trading platforms, there are only a few ways to deposit money into your account to fund the purchases.

Yay, it's all finally clicked in my head  ;D
There is a certain dramatic irony attached to all this. A synchronicity that borders on predestination, one might say.

Offline uncensored

• Good-Men do not create victims - they protect them
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 16:23:39 PM »
So essentially, buying Bitcoins is exactly the same as buying shares... You can use an online broking/trading service to buy the Bitcoins and store them. But unlike share trading you can just 'give' your Bitcoins to another user. And like online trading platforms, there are only a few ways to deposit money into your account to fund the purchases.

Yay, it's all finally clicked in my head  ;D

It makes sense when you describe like that- helped it click in my head too
Good-Men  do not create victims - they comfort and defend them