Author Topic: Desperate House Cakes  (Read 3030 times)

Offline Mr Kipling

• New Member Group
Desperate House Cakes
« on: December 03, 2013, 12:56:09 PM »
in view of the seemingly increasing number of vigils taking place , i thought a list of recipes would come in handy for those of you who are short of time : what with the printing of poster, banners and children to pick up from school and all , a reliable and delicious relevant offering which you can partake in with a nice cup of tea is just the thing you may be looking for :

SOUL CAKE RECIPE

I find that this one travels really well, none of those hard-to-get ingredients, and the spices add a whimsical seasonal touch - you can also use some funky cookie cutters to enhance your message, and even though the texture does not allow for candles, you can always add them in a nice pattern around the serving plate if you want to be extra festive - enjoy <3

Makes 14 large ‘cakes’

Recipe Ingredients:
    • 340g plain flour (sifted)
    • 170g sugar
    • 170g butter (softened & diced)
    • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    • 1/2 tsp ground mixed spice
    • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
    • 1 egg (beaten)
    • 2 tsp of white wine vinegar

Recipe Method:
      Preheat the oven to 200C and grease 2 flat baking trays

Thoroughly mix all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl – sifted flour, spices, and sugar. Rub in the diced butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add in the beaten egg and white wine vinegar and mix with a wooden spoon until a firm dough is made. Then cover it and put it in the fridge for 20 minutes.

Flour a working surface and roll out the dough to 7mm thick and using a large round pastry cutter cut into rounds, (optional: use a straight edge to press into, and then draw a cross shape, in the top of the dough). Place these rounds on the greased baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 200C until slightly coloured. Serve warm or cold.
    [/list]

recipewise.co.uk/soul-cake

enrica

Re: Desperate House Cakes
    « Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 13:34:17 PM »
    Dec. 7, Julian Assange will have been detained without charge for 3 years

I'm sure another vigil and support events will be held on that day in front of the Ecuadorian Embassy or around the world.

... I'm not kidding I'm going to make a cake for real here in Italy as I can't go to the Embassy.
    As suggested by another twitter supporter, I'll make my Own cake for Assange.

Offline mayya

• Administrator
    « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 00:29:50 AM »

enrica

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 13:16:31 PM »
    Haha my pro Assange cake has been "leaked" before I realized it thank you mayya :)