Author Topic: Anatomy of a Forum Troll - The Story of @greekemmy  (Read 20215 times)

TrxiZ

Re: Anatomy of a Forum Troll - The Story of @greekemmy
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 10:23:19 AM »
oh,

those people not worth talking about anymore.

all what they did lead them into the nowhere. and just showed up they are usless for WikiLeaks.

We are inside very interessting developments. the people see what we do and what we move.

WikiLeaks once was run by a community The "Wiki" means "people connecting" - through Julians one man show it became less interessting.

If all that support WikiLeaks and the Idea named that way would focus on the masses, the people instead of i.e. focusing on ONE Person there is a lot more we can move.

It's not the One Head to follow, it's not about Putin now is the good guy and USA the bad ones.

It is about us, you and others. All are that "Wiki" - I do not fear anyones smear, trolling or leaderloving, opinion makers, jealousy bunnys or freaky blog posts.

If WikiLeaks or others attack this Forum instead of being part of the masses, they didn't get a single idea of the Idea behind wikileaks.

forget about us red admins. we are all just humans like you. with errors, feelings and all that normal things.

see this forum as it is. a unique way with massive outreach to the public.

stick to the idea.

don't follow my words or anyones voice. make up your own mind.

and if you may discover a Troll - greet them from me.

Brcause I move on, with all of those others as one of them.

T

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 16:28:12 PM »
With the recent revelations in the O'Hagan piece now made public, I no longer need to question even the slightest doubt I ever had that Assange is a dictator of WikiLeaks and everyone that works under him or blindly worshiping like greekemmy has always done,  are nothing but codependent pawns clinging to an unrealistic idea of who or what Assange really is. 

These people see Assange just like all worshiping cults see him, as some perfect person, full of power and capable of elevating them all into some kind utopia. They feel special when closely associated with him, they feel like they are the special chosen ones of a sort, smarter than everyone else because they know the real "truth" about him. It is all a bunch of crap. 

I find this thread interesting in a silly sense, something to watch now as comical. Where these trolls once had some significance to me, they have now evolved into little idiots....
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Howard Bourne

@Greekemmy and @Myoviridae accounts owned and run by Greekemmy ( Emilia )
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 13:54:52 PM »
Just when I thought Greekemmy reached the hight of being stupid, she proves me wrong

Here she is harrassing MP's by spamming their account, and to be more efficient, she spams them from BOTH her @Greekemmy and @Myoviridae accounts and actually holds a conversation with herself which inclides patting herself on the back and compliments for being so clever:

Here is Greekemmys account spamming MPs

Obviously, spamming from Emmy's @Myoviridae account isn't good enough enough, so ist time to hand over the work to @Greekemmy, who by now is an " RESIDENT EXPERT "

of course the Response was Swift

So ist now time to keep spamming, this time using her @greekemmy account

and the spamming goes on and on and on and on and on..........

Offline Elaine Davis

• Administrator
  • To thine own self, be true.
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 16:51:38 PM »
This is good information.

There are things I learn from you all.

Have a good one!:)
GOD FORBID THE LIGHTS GO OUT and a zillion brains have to be retrained to function in manual reality.

Does anyone else get the idea that the tweets on the WL account are starting to sound a little like someone is bathing in a bird bath, eating bird food & possibly smoking bird * in his own sphere??

Offline Elaine Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2014, 16:59:06 PM »
With the recent revelations in the O'Hagan piece now made public, I no longer need to question even the slightest doubt I ever had that Assange is a dictator of WikiLeaks and everyone that works under him or blindly worshiping like greekemmy has always done, are nothing but codependent pawns clinging to an unrealistic idea of who or what Assange really is.

These people see Assange just like all worshiping cults see him, as some perfect person, full of power and capable of elevating them all into some kind utopia. They feel special when closely associated with him, they feel like they are the special chosen ones of a sort, smarter than everyone else because they know the real "truth" about him. It is all a bunch of crap.

I find this thread interesting in a silly sense, something to watch now as comical. Where these trolls once had some significance to me, they have now evolved into little idiots....

This is exactly the picture I was getting of Assange and his followers. With no offense to the picture so many people get of his purpose, that being to defend the right to free speech and freedom of knowledge of government....
That very purpose, and its appeal to people who need assurance and hope for a better world, is or was misdirected by JA ...it became more of an organization that became more directed at directing themselves......organizations and groups always will require some sort of hierarchy and balance, but after reading what I have read recently and even witnessed some postings by those who say they worked on a level with JA, I can only come to the conclusion that the direction and purpose of WikiLeaks was lost a long time ago. Probably at its inception.

Good wording on your description Riney. Big thumbs up. I think you may have hit the nail right on the head. =)
GOD FORBID THE LIGHTS GO OUT and a zillion brains have to be retrained to function in manual reality.

Does anyone else get the idea that the tweets on the WL account are starting to sound a little like someone is bathing in a bird bath, eating bird food & possibly smoking bird * in his own sphere??

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 17:30:02 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Elaine... :-)

I must admit along side all my complaining of Assange, I will never deny that he has contributed in a very significant way to freedom of information. It would probably be freedom of speech that he fell down on, and in that way, only in the freedom of speech rights of people that disagreed with him on points.

In the whole scheme of things concerning freedom of information and speech, I do try to remember that Assange's actions towards this forum and staff are an isolated and unique event that only occurred here on the forum. There are other platforms that he has attacked and smeared, but they also had their own isolated and unique interactions with him.

In the end it is not even him that causes the most stress on those that had disagreements with him, it truly comes from his most radical followers. Assange does not have time to wallow in such things, but it seems his most fanatical followers have all the time in the world to do nothing but wallow in it.

I do believe that Assange's cult like following have an unrealistic view of what he has or will ever be able to accomplish in his current vigilante style of whistle blowing. Months ago, there was a thread I started here on the forum that discussed a more realistic view on that topic.

Below is a link to a very long document put out about a study done on "WikiLeaks and Transparency" that I posted on that thread. If you are interested and get the time to read some of it, you might find it useful and informative. It helped me clear my thinking about the whole issue and took emotion out of the equation by presenting the facts in an unbiased realistic way. Hope you find it useful... :-)

http://works.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1009&context=mark_fenster
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 17:38:53 PM by Riney »
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline Elaine Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 20:59:02 PM »
Thanks for the link Riney. ...and I will do some reading! =)

Glad you respect that Assange has contributed to the rave for free speech and transparency. But, you and I both know he is not the only one and his followers the only ONES to have contributed to the fight for balance in freedom and speech. Balance is actually the key, because we have to have a government....actually to have freedom. There always has to be rules ...

I look now to such organizations as the Electronic Frontier Foundation for their work on this issue. I am truly amazed with their research and knowledge. I also am impressed, or rather I should say, intrigued by the work of NIST and some other organizations, including the American Civil Liberties Union, on the subject of transparency, safety and freedom on the internet. 

I believe there will come a time when all the precedents on internet freedom, with regard to safety and freedom, will come together to a balance. It may take time (I could go on with examples, but I won't), but the time will come. Honestly, I don't think Julian Assange, unless he takes a sharp turn and lends his knowledge and skills to the purpose of HELPING our government on this issue,  will be recalled as a major contributor to that accomplishment.

Some of these other organizations will be recalled and respected. Leaking information is not the most respectable form of achieving freedom of knowledge, although there are some leaks that are necessary IMO for the people to have true knowledge. THAT or those leaks have been pretty successfully powered by particular segments of the media, including the GUARDIAN, a paper I dearly love and respect.

I almost want to say that the purpose of LEAKING sensitive information to lash out at those in high positions of control and blame them for all the disorganization, dishonesty, and disruption, is one that will not stand a test of time because the LEAKS will run empty and the purpose to leak will dissolve. =)  Then what? Leaking documents is not a skill, and for a while, it was a WILL for one man and a few followers with an idea. Moving right along into the next phase of creating transparency, while we pause to consider Julian Assange. He's not the only one with concerns about transparency. That concern has been there since 2005 and before, when we all just allowed the complexities to be added to linking and information. We finally realize now some new organization needs to come in to play.

And Julian is stuck in an Embassy.