Author Topic: Pardoning * Riot is not reconsidering court ruling - Putin  (Read 796 times)

Offline mayya

• Administrator
Pardoning * Riot is not reconsidering court ruling - Putin
« on: December 19, 2013, 14:43:16 PM »
19 December 2013, 16:00

Pardoning * Riot is not reconsidering court ruling - Putin

Photo: RIA Novosti

The decision to amnesty members of the * Riot punk band is not "reconsidering" the court ruling, Russian President Vladimir Putin said.
"This is not a review of the court ruling, this is a general decision related to the amnesty, to which they are eligible," Putin said at a news conference in Moscow on Thursday.

"This [the amnesty] is not related either to Greenpeace or this band. As I have said, this is not my decision but the decision of the State Duma. Secondly, it concerns the humanization of our policies towards petty criminal and is dedicated to the 20th anniversary of the Constitution," Putin said.

As to the attitude for the * Riot members, Putin said: "I feel sorry for them not because they found themselves in detention facilities, though there is nothing good in it, I feel sorry for them that they have reached such a state and that they have began scandalous behavior, which in my point of view humiliates the dignity of women."

"They have crossed every border in order to stand out and to promote themselves," the president said. "The court ruled and sentenced not for this but for other actions," Putin said.