Author Topic: The Terrorism Potential of Big Tech's Data Grab Up  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Ginny

• Virginia Hoge Blog
The Terrorism Potential of Big Tech's Data Grab Up
« on: January 14, 2014, 18:14:59 PM »
I know it well.

This except from my first post here:

Do not even think of posting there as a critic of Topix, they are especially harsh on critics and the Topix Mods will sit back as death threats are posted to them, their personal information outed, their families threatened and hackers sic viruses onto their computers. Topix uses trolling as a method of beating up their critics and they have protected themselves from any legal punishment for their actions via dubious laws and total protection by the press.

Gives a sample of the criminality used by big Tech to suppress whistleblowers. Big Tech is gathering up all this data and I know from experience, how unethical they are, how they can and have, used it as a method of terrorism. They are protecting from exposure a vehicle of libel - Topix - which at any point, can be used to post blackmail.

I wrote about some of what I personally experienced here:
http://open.salon.com/blog/virginia888/2013/06/17/terrorism_on_topix_of_nsa_whistleblowers

A warning needs to go out loud and clear, that this is dangerous to us all! I do not let the NSA off the hook at all, they went along with it and no doubt, use their own methods of blackmail and strong-arming. They are being funded by our tax dollar, insane.

What it points to, is the danger of their working together, and all the cries of big Tech that it was ALL THE NSA'S FAULT!!! are just selfish distancing. Do not listen to it.

Both big Tech and the NSA need to be called out for their surveillance and both need to be held accountable for it. Their spying must end, our Rights need to come first and foremost. Our safety, our security.
The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny - it is the light that guides your way.
- Heraclitus

Offline Ginny

• Virginia Hoge Blog
Re: The Terrorism Potential of Big Tech's Data Grab Up
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 18:06:16 PM »
I have been shocked at the extent of big Tech's investment and control of, media. I knew it was big, I didn't know how big, its massive.

Ever since Snowden, they have been doing everything they possibly can to distance themselves from the NSA. And, I might add, their usual many attempts to keep my voice out of the debate. I have even been censored, shadow-banned on Twitter - in what I think is a first - and on FB.

Even more surprising to me, was big Tech's ongoing open marketing drive to promote their own surveillance, and data grab up.

Here's one: http://streetfightmag.com/local-data-summit-2014/

StreetFight is heavily funded by Topix and no doubt Google as well.

SOOOO much money is clearly invested in this, they continue to host conferences, post articles in support of it. Why they think they can do this is a post-Snowdwn world, shows how blindly confident they are of their media control.

Its a false confidence though, don't fall for it.

The reliance on propaganda is consistent with their fascist, bullying methods of control. Again, I send out the warning, that big Tech's data grab up and surveillance is equally dangerous to the NSA's.
The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny - it is the light that guides your way.
- Heraclitus

Offline Ginny

• Virginia Hoge Blog
Re: The Terrorism Potential of Big Tech's Data Grab Up
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 16:52:13 PM »
This company Gigya is very, very dangerous for the People.

In this post: http://blog.gigya.com/3-challenges-facing-marketers-in-2014/?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=soc&utm_campaign=3challenges2014&utm_content=var1

They are naming their violations of our privacy, including our social media logins and emails:

The best way to acquire firsthand insights on your users is to start at the source — their social networks. Social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ collect millions of actionable data points on their users such as their locations, emails, genders, interests, likes, social graphs, and more. Businesses can gain direct access to these insights by leveraging social login on their digital properties, which captures social profile information in a permission-based manner.

All of this can be used to terrorize, to control us, by anyone with Authoritarian intent.
- Heraclitus