Author Topic: Time magazine reporter 'can't wait' for a drone strike on Julian Assange  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Elaine Davis

• Administrator
  • To thine own self, be true.
http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_08_18/Time-magazine-reporter-cant-wait-for-a-drone-strike-on-Julian-Assange-9295/

Time magazine reporter 'can't wait' for a drone strike on Julian Assange

A Time magazine reporter Michael Grunwald caused ire on Twitter Saturday night when he said that he "can't wait to write a defense of the drone strike that takes out" Wikileaks founder Julian Assange.

A reporter for TIME Magazine sparked a Twitter war when he said that he "can't wait to write a defence of the drone strike that takes out" Australian-born Wikileaks founder Julian Assange.

© Screenshot: Twitter
Michael Grunwald was pressured into deleting the offending tweet after it was greeeted with hostility online - particularly by Glenn Greenwald of The Guardian - who broke the story of NSA whistle-blower Edward Norton.
Grunwald's employer distanced itself from the tweet, saying "Michael Grunwald posted an offensive tweet from his personal Twitter account that is in no way representative of Time's views."

Assange remains holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy, as he fights attempts to extradite him to Sweden, where he is wanted for questioning over allegations of sexual assault.

Last month he announced the candidates who will stand for his WikiLeaks Party at the federal election.
The list includes academics, journalists and human rights activists.

Assange is seeking a Senate seat in Victoria, but it is unclear what he will do if he wins it.
He says, in theory, he could hold the seat or have a fellow WikiLeaks candidate hold the seat until he was available to assume the position himself.

Voice of Russia, Huffington Post, Daily Mail, Yahoo

I realize this is an old article but the Headline really threw me off guard.

The first question I ask after reading it is "Why would you need a drone strike against ONE individual to start with to create a situation for Mr. Grunwald to write a defense?"  OK. I get it. Journalists can TWEET mess like this, maybe because he is angry but journalists cannot report the truth as Glen Greenwald has without being called a THIEF, a flamethrower or just and all around butthole firestarter.  Even if Julian Assange did leak information, which all journalists do to some extent, why would he need a drone strike against him??  Did Grunwald even think before he tweeted? This is ridiculous. Grunwalds words related to his writing a defense, but yet when reading between the lines of his tweet, I gather he wants a drone strike against him.

If I had an issue with Julian Assange, I think it would be much easier to shoot him in the ARSE with a flying tack than call out a drone strike.

I do hope Grunwald was exaggerating his words.  I believe he was.

I just wonder what kind of journalist tweets this kind of stuff before thinking. He sounded like a high school boy, disturbed bully, who gets short term pleasure from torture. Hopefully he will grow out of it. =)
GOD FORBID THE LIGHTS GO OUT and a zillion brains have to be retrained to function in manual reality.

Does anyone else get the idea that the tweets on the WL account are starting to sound a little like someone is bathing in a bird bath, eating bird food & possibly smoking bird * in his own sphere??

TrxiZ

Re: Time magazine reporter 'can't wait' for a drone strike on Julian Assange
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 21:13:57 PM »
I have seen this tweet live, I also was posting smthg like

"Oh no someone said droooones" - because that tweet shared all Assange Cultists around him, attacking and bitin him.
It was very funny to see this happen, because I knew exactly this happens.

Those Assangies (Little Assange Fans) most of em are kinda cute, most have no sense of humor if it comes against their "Leader".

But I think that story is over, he went to hollidays short after that tweet I guess.

It wasn´t correct what he did and maybe he did not know what was happening next after he tweeted ;)
Or maybe he did exactly know what he was doing. - who knows?

We´re all sometimes highschoolboys :P

Offline Elaine Davis

• Administrator
  • To thine own self, be true.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 21:22:18 PM »
We´re all sometimes highschoolboys :P

Yes, we are! Even women. LOL!

I don't vouch to being an Assange fan, but I do respect some of his work. I certainly do not respect what has been reported (in various news articles and online screenshot tweets) about him being egotistical and disrespectful to his supporters. Truthfully, I think what happened with WikiLeaks is that it lost its sense of purpose because there was no conceivable DIRECTION left after it accomplished what it did accomplish.

I have watched videos of Julian Assange speaking on behalf of WikiLeaks, and I respect his speaking ability, but the thing I did notice is that he strays from questions, not because of a conscious attempt to divert the question, but because, as I sensed, Assange may have a small issue with some form of ADHD or autism. Autisms vary with the individual, but I have read and heard that some form of autism is present in most geniuses.

Now, I am rattling...LOL. =) Thank you for your comment.
GOD FORBID THE LIGHTS GO OUT and a zillion brains have to be retrained to function in manual reality.

Does anyone else get the idea that the tweets on the WL account are starting to sound a little like someone is bathing in a bird bath, eating bird food & possibly smoking bird * in his own sphere??

enrica

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 13:28:55 PM »
I think even if kidding we should moderate our words specially about persons like Assange that may attract the simpaties but also antipaaties of many. That tweet sounded very offensive. Nope if I don't like JA.