Author Topic: Suppressed video of Thai Crown Prince and Princess should be removed  (Read 14995 times)

Offline ania

• New Member Group
Hi - I just wanted to say that the video with the Thai princess and her husband having a PRIVATE HOME pool dinner / party for their dog should be removed. She is not naked, as the title suggests and she is at HER OWN home, with servants as the only people there other than her husband. Since servants are always at her place, I think she cannot do much about it and having a relaxed dinner at the pool with her man is just fine and we all do this. I guess some silly servant recorded her and now it is beyond the safety boundaries of her home, in her case a PALACE. If we want to be moralistic then we should be the same about J Assange for having sex with different women in less than two or so days - I'd hate my neighbour filming me around my private pool only because he lives close by and then going on youtube with it implying that I am immoral because I sun-bake topless. The link:
http://file.wikileaks.info/leak/thailand-crown-prince-dog-birthday/index.html
it says it is a "suppressed HOME VIDEO.
Are we supporting wikiLeakes for displaying in public private  HOME VIDEOS of HOME parties between husband and wife?

Problem is that wikileaks may become just another so-called "reality" site not a champion of open information - a kind of voyeuristic titillation. I think wikiLEAKS has better and more important things to do.

cheers
ania

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 00:57:26 AM by runa »

Offline Derp

Re: Suppressed video of Thai Crown Prince and Princess SHOULD BE REMOVED
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 17:04:58 PM »
While not "naked" by definition, she is indeed topless, which isn't quite the behavior you'd expect of a princess :P
And I believe the whole issue behind this lavish "dog party" was that it was paid for with public funds.

I'm sure if they were using their own private money they could turn the royal palace into a nudist colony, and I'm pretty sure Wikileaks wouldn't care.
But the National Enquirer sure would :P

Fanyajuu

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 21:45:45 PM »
Well, you're right: this is real gossip and nothing the world or anyone needs to know.
Maybe you shouldn't have posted the link , now it will get more clicks/attention than it deserves.

Offline lizrex

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 22:03:41 PM »
I think it is in the public interest to have this video available because of the excesses of the palace.  If it was Hilary Clinton having a million dollar birthday party for her hamster while semi nude people would also be interested.  I admire your loyalty to the princess and I respect it, and this loyalty must run very deep for the people of Thailand.  However, as Derp posted, it was not private money being used for the party, but your tax dollars.

Offline lizrex

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 04:31:58 AM »
WikiLeaks Twitter posted it, is that the same as wikileaks itself?

http://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/5660189285

Offline lizrex

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 05:08:37 AM »
What?

Offline lizrex

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 05:25:11 AM »
I don't have a problem with it myself because it is in the public public interest to know that a birthday party was given for a dog, that cost over a million of the public's tax dollars.  For 2 hours of fun.  The fact that the princess is topless just makes it seem more bizarre.  I'm sorry if that offends the Thai people, I know they have a deep respect for their Princess.    I don't think there is anything sinister in the redirect or the fact that the fb mod said it wasn't wikileaks, that is just a misunderstanding.  I wouldn't distance myself from it at all personally.  I find it offensive, the gaudy waste of public money.  I hope that changes.  This video may do something to help things change.

admin

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 14:49:24 PM »
WikiLeaks Twitter posted it, is that the same as wikileaks itself?
I don't know, lizrex...

When the WL FB mod said it wasn't posted by WL, I was hoping they would take some steps to remove that mirror.

But if they tweeted it & still have the mirror site listed ... :(

Isn't it atleast tacit approval and absolutely no distancing attempt from the vid?
WL.org redirects there!

If they want to show the different lifestyles of ordinary vs royality, they can publish the vid, but shouldn't it have been blurred ?
I haven't watched it, but I don't think privacy should be invaded when one tries to destroy secretive corruption.

:?

it seesm strange you want this vid to be taken down becuase it contradicts your basic view that freedom of speech is a value that should remain untouched. Why all the sudden so you want this harmless video to me removed.

I doubt very much that this video will be taken down by anyone just because YOU all the sudden feel offended.. Freedom of speech is a 2-way street

Offline Rastko Pocesta

• What does censorship reveal? It reveals fear.(JPA)
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 23:24:09 PM »
Thai authorities are censoring everything they don't like. And as Anons say - payback is a bitch. ;)
"History will win. The world will be elevated to a better place. Will we survive? That depends on you."
- JPA

""Capable, generous men do not create victims; they nurture victims."
- JPA

"Saying that king is naked changes everything, even if we all know that king is naked."
- Slavoj Žižek

Offline koji

• New Member Group
Re: Suppressed video of Thai Crown Prince and Princess should be removed
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 10:01:45 AM »
I'm a tax payer who pay for "the party", therefore, i deserve to know what's really going on in the country.

FYI. By posting this comment, I could be put in jail for 18 years . That's a reward for being non-royalist. :-X

Offline emirjame

• physical therapist/ government archivist
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 17:12:17 PM »
I feel it should be removed because this is someone's private life and not the way in which they (ab)use power in a public function. If they earn too much money for their work - that should be addressed at the point where this salary is determined. But if they want to spend it by throwing parties once they have earned it - that is completely up to them. And dog parties to me are not more decadent that Louis Vuiton bags or whatever.

This video is food for so called "moralists" with a deep hatred of the body and completely perverted views on sex in general. They will try to discredit this couple on feeling at ease within their bodies (which absolutely pleads for them) & use it to attack them on other issues.
doing is definitely more interesting than having

Offline uncensored

• Good-Men do not create victims - they protect them
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 00:10:05 AM »
 Does it come down to whose house is this Palace?  Is this the official home of  the countries leaders  owned by the  citizens? Who pays for the  staff?     

If the president of the USA and his partner had a party in the Rose Garden  and Michelle was topless  as  an army of servants catered to her
 then I would say it is public information....The White House is owned by the  citizens that pay for it and the staff that  work there.  If  our president and Michelle were in  the very nice  wing of the White House that is their own private home  then Michelle should of course expect privacy to walk about naked. 

Though  if any behavior of an official, even in private, should  cause concern among the citizens  then  it  seems  it should be a topic open for
public discourse if  the concern is enough to  bring into question  the  ability to  rule or the quality of their leadership, such as indifference to citizens  welfare or  dstribution of wealth on a scale  that supports suffering on one parties end.    Just as if  any private citizen  has privacy but cannot use that  protection to protect behavior that  is contrary to  social rules.

I am surprised Google Earth did not have a photo of this.....and if they did  and  it was posted  What of that?    If you stand naked  in your yard
  are you not  giving some  unexpressed permission  for  allowing people to  see you?   It is not as if you are in your home.   If I skinny dip in the towns lake  can I then  insist my privacy was  violated if you take my photo?

I support a right to privacy if  this is their  own home and own staff   It is also an excellent representation of  the  great divide between  the people they govern and the ruling class.  At a time  when people are very clearly  questioning if  such a divide should exist or has a place in any society that proports to be moral,  then  how  could we not  look at this video?   One class serves another  class of people  and  a question  has arisen  if  this is  any way for a civilized society to  behave.  Seems like the video  makes a point  and I can not  let the  Royals  have a pass because they  are playing a game of   hiding behind some  polite  requirement of  privacy.   There privacy  seems very  unimportant when
the  very principle of  humane  living for all people  is in question.  Their  ego can take a  hit  if it  results in some  improvement for the lives of folks that are living in very  humble if not destitute  situations.
If she is going to claim an assault to her modesty,  we would have to find said modesty first  to  determine if it ever was assaulted.

In a like train of thought  should the  wedding of Prince William  be paid for by the public?  All of it, part of it,none of it?  Should we in this age even have such a think as in institution  of "Royal" people that live a standard  far far above their citizens.  Do royals serve a purpose? Can we fire them? What if the public asked them to move out of our palaces and they refuse?  Can we have them evicted?
Good-Men  do not create victims - they comfort and defend them

Offline emirjame

• physical therapist/ government archivist
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 13:27:17 PM »
The reason that this video is really attracting attention  is that there is a woman in the nude in it. Feeling at ease and having fun and that this woman is a princess.

And the fact that that is the focal point = she can be exploited and condemned all at once & people will use this to try to judge/ discredit her in other realms is what I find totally wrong.

So I stick to my point that the video should be removed as the taboo here is not unequal wealth - but the taboo is nudity. Of unequal wealth there exist thousands and thousands of other video's that will hardly generate any interest.

And yes - I would actually be reassured if there existed vid's of all world leaders relaxing in the nude. I am currently under the impression that a lot of them are incapable of any form of human affection!
doing is definitely more interesting than having