Author Topic: How to permanently delete files from your computer so they cant be retraced  (Read 11783 times)

Offline Zuse

• "There aint no gettin offa this train were on!"
Some people are all into encrypting there files these days, which is always a security risk as it can eventually be broken, but what if the files weren't already there and couldn't be retraced, wouldn't it save time and hassle ? This program uses US Department of Defence algorithms as standard, with more security enhancements. It will delete the files, but then scramble the files slack all over the hardrive making it impossible to fetch previously deleted files back.

Download this: http://www.cyberscrub.com/en/privacy-suite/

Install as normal. You get a free 15 day trial to use , but if you erm... accidentally reset your clock when the trial is over it may just confuse the program...

Once installed go to Erase > Erase options > Security Level and select stop hardware recovery - Guttman process. ATA/IDE and SATA are all supported, The method was first presented in the paper Secure Deletion of Data from Magnetic and Solid-State Memory, in July 1996 and can be researched, this is the most secure method at this precise moment in time, If anyone has any questions about the program ask away. The GUI is simple in terms of running things automatically, it should be left to run overnight when your computer is not in use, it can take some time.

Stay safe and have fun !
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 22:39:53 PM by Zuse »

Offline TheTrueWHOHA

cant you just smash your hard drive?

Offline Zuse

Why would you smash your hard drive? That way you won't lose money on a regular basis and you know for definate it's securely been wiped

Offline J.C

• la plume est plus puissante que l'épée
    • Snowden
No, you can even recover files from a hard drive even if it is smashed, WHOHA.

I do not know how it works with SSDs, but magnetic (normal) HDDs you can use a magnet to kill your Hard Drive, but do not forget the data is gone forever and you need a new hard disk.

Any hints for SSD users, Zuse?
Assange fears the Pigeon.

https://goo.gl/QjIHja

Offline Zuse

For SSD users I think the Cyberscub program will be the most securest way with the Guttman process setting , no papers have been released or made since as it seems the best way to not only destroy the data, but to scatter the segments in a way that they cannot be put back together, its more secure than the US Department of Defence destoying data protocols on their computer so ive never encountered anything more secure. As for smashing a hard drive its something I would never do as it wont make a difference, as for physical destruction, I would remove the disk, scratch it with a screwdriver so there isn't any layers left on it, snapping the disk into as many pieces as possible, then smashing the unit, and putting the pieces in different trash containers so they went in opposite ways, not that I erm *COUGH* have anything remotely interesting on my pc ;)

If anyone has any questions about the program, please fire away I will answer as soon as I can
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 20:14:16 PM by Zuse »

Offline TheTrueWHOHA

If you completely distroy the hard drive.. Etc... Burn it. Crush it.. And smash it. The files will not be recoverable.

Offline J.C

• Snowden
Video(s): Hard Drive Data Recovery from bathed, burnt and broken desktops

http://www.computerweekly.com/video/Video-Hard-Drive-Data-Recovery-from-bathed-burnt-and-broken-desktops

Offline Zuse

yeah remarkable viewing material Hope, THEWHOAH best to use the way as described on the post instead of going the burning route, also would be wise to take pointers from people, instead of passing miss-information as a fact - were all here to help you
If you completely distroy the hard drive.. Etc... Burn it. Crush it.. And smash it. The files will not be recoverable."

Offline anonymousforumuser

find out here how to wipe your hard drive. http://www.esecurityplanet.com/views/article.php/3898201/How-to-Completely-Wipe-Data-from-a-PC.htm

Offline J.C

• Snowden
I know you can recover files from HDDs that look like they are no HDDs anymore ;)

So, better kill the bits and the bytes than the case ;)

Offline Zuse

Exactly Hope:) 

annonforumuser - The free programs which you have listed on the webpage you posted have all been proven inferior to the one I've listed, missing complete segments at times, which might not seem like much but its relatively easy for them to be recovered, as previously said (again) the paper released by Guttman is the most secure way to date the paper would make good reading, as not only does it obliterate the data, but scatters the segments to everywhere on the drive so it cannot be recovered. This process is more secure than the level 3 or 4 US Department of Defence protocols for securely getting rid of there data

Offline J.C

• Snowden
Re: How to permanently delete files from your computer so they cant be retraced
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 20:17:17 PM »
what´s with all those Sticks and Cards out there?
USB Sticks, Mem-Cards etc?

I think we could create a whole topic on how to kill those poor bits and bytes. I think the Hard Disk in our Personal Computer isn´t that main Hard Drive in our period, it´s more the files on your Tablet, your Phone, your cloud - so much data out there, hard to handle and control.

Offline Zuse

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 21:13:44 PM »
The program can also be set to destroy the files and securely format your usb drives or memory cards given their plugged into a pc reader, all data is stored somewhere easier known when your OS is installed on your memory card so you know everything is erased completely

Offline scotthello

if your using Linux change the name off all file to the same name then over write it all using bleach bit and other tool that can overwrite data then delete it then format it then smash the hell out off it to there nothing there.

Offline Zuse

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 02:05:13 AM »
why would you do that when my procedure takes one tenth of that time? your way is way over the top