Author Topic: Lulzsec Releases Arizona Police Data  (Read 8890 times)

julia

Re: Lulzsec Releases Arizona Police Data
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 03:43:01 AM »
@uncensored: Yes, what you describe seems quite possible. There must be people infiltrated and this is probably how it works. Some young people must be taken advantage of.
LulzSec  appeared all of a sudden and disappeared all of a sudden, this is very strange and  + their actions weren't very coherent.. as you say putting people in danger, it not for the Lulz.

Lulz has been active today on Twitter -  they wrote a note to the FBI and posted on Pastebin    They also tweeted a journalist  mobile #  charles auther  is the   tech editor for the guardian.  

Lulzsec  judged by  what  they have done - is not a positive force and  just is a distraction from  injustices that Need  media coverage.  They take the spot light away from  these  other issues  such as Bradley Manning  and  the  cartoonist that is  in  protective custody  because she  wanted to have a   draw Mohammed day.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/crime/4626-better-not-draw-mohammed

Sprawlie's note: edited to remove offensive link.

Uncensored: I don't know how Lulzsec is deviating attention from the cartoonist topic. They seem to be 2 different topics in my opinion. I didn't know the story though. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Any form of extremism is terrible, as recent news irom Oslo show.

Offline MademoiselleMercurielle

• Magnificently confused
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 04:17:24 AM »
Don't see the point in releasing all this personal info...These people have families, and how much influence do they have in lawmaking, anyway? What did they think would happen, some people are going to take that info and (in a lulzy manner) send them 500 pizzas and play other innocuous  pranks?

Even I'm not THAT naive.
We are the Universe learning about itself.

julia

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 04:30:12 AM »
Don't see the point in releasing all this personal info...These people have families, and how much influence do they have in lawmaking, anyway? What did they think would happen, some people are going to take that info and (in a lulzy manner) send them 500 pizzas and play other innocuous  pranks?

Even I'm not THAT naive.

What do you think of Lulzsec besides this particular incident?

julia

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 04:31:26 AM »
@uncensored: Do you think Anon should take actions against extremists' threats against the cartoonist?

Offline MademoiselleMercurielle

• Magnificently confused
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 04:32:01 AM »

Even I'm not THAT naive.

A bit juvenile. Mostly harmless but I'm more worried about what a few crazy people would do with all this info. I really wish they were more responsible with it.
We are the Universe learning about itself.

Offline uncensored

• Good-Men do not create victims - they protect them
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 08:31:13 AM »
@uncensored: Do you think Anon should take actions against extremists' threats against the cartoonist?

hmmm -  depends what they did .   These  extremist  don't  seem to care about  feedom of speech one bit.   Anon is rather  clear they  value free speech.    Though it would be  much the same as any  war  between  opposing  sides. 
I  would rather find another way  besides  war (even  a tech based war)
All the  mis info  and  dis info  and  our right   tech assaults   are thinking the same old ways as  war makers   of every generation.   New tools but the same way of thinking.

We don't need to be  soldiers  or spys  or to  do psych ops   etc....  We need a new  way  to produce a new  out come  and new  ways of  living together  even  if  in disagreement.

No more sides or  our team against another team.....When people are invested in a war ( invested in mind/spirit/time) they   focus on  winning the war .  We need to   start off  focusing  on   Not war  but  how do we  live in peace.  If we are invested in  peace  we would not have time or interst in war.  War would be a distraction from our work of  creating peace.

If all  that fails then  - fighting  is an option  if  your life is at stake -  but  fighting changes the  soldier just as much as the soldier changes the  fight.

I was thinking of  Dune .   All the cloak and dagger.   They were not  more advanced then  stone age - still fighting and  double crossing - just more advanced with their tools.   That is not progress to build a better weapon.
 Progress is when we learn to disagree  but make room for each other to exist  unique from each other   but  at peace with one another - no need for weapons.

http://dune.wikia.com/wiki/Missionaria_Protectiva
Good-Men  do not create victims - they comfort and defend them

julia

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 05:40:36 AM »

Even I'm not THAT naive.

A bit juvenile. Mostly harmless but I'm more worried about what a few crazy people would do with all this info. I really wish they were more responsible with it.

I was thinking they were maybe infiltrated people trying to discredit the work of anon, but who knows.. I 'm only speculating.

Here's some follow up  on recent events:

LulzSec says it will partner with media on Murdoch emails
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/21/lulzsec_abandons_ni_emai_splash/

julia

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 05:55:56 AM »

hmmm -  depends what they did .   These  extremist  don't  seem to care about  feedom of speech one bit.   Anon is rather  clear they  value free speech.    Though it would be  much the same as any  war  between  opposing  sides. 
I  would rather find another way  besides  war (even  a tech based war)
All the  mis info  and  dis info  and  our right   tech assaults   are thinking the same old ways as  war makers   of every generation.   New tools but the same way of thinking.

We don't need to be  soldiers  or spys  or to  do psych ops   etc....  We need a new  way  to produce a new  out come  and new  ways of  living together  even  if  in disagreement.

No more sides or  our team against another team.....When people are invested in a war ( invested in mind/spirit/time) they   focus on  winning the war .  We need to   start off  focusing  on   Not war  but  how do we  live in peace.  If we are invested in  peace  we would not have time or interst in war.  War would be a distraction from our work of  creating peace.

If all  that fails then  - fighting  is an option  if  your life is at stake -  but  fighting changes the  soldier just as much as the soldier changes the  fight.

I was thinking of  Dune .   All the cloak and dagger.   They were not  more advanced then  stone age - still fighting and  double crossing - just more advanced with their tools.   That is not progress to build a better weapon.
 Progress is when we learn to disagree  but make room for each other to exist  unique from each other   but  at peace with one another - no need for weapons.

http://dune.wikia.com/wiki/Missionaria_Protectiva

This is very nice uncensored, but how to do you deal with abuse of power and bullying? How can one act in a peaceful way? It is a big challenge !

Offline uncensored

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 06:12:21 AM »
http://unlvrebelyell.com/2011/07/25/unlv-student-arrested-by-fbi-for-hacking-in-support-of-wikileaks/

The student/anon member faces 15 years in prison for  DDos attack on Pay Pal

Offline uncensored

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 06:51:01 AM »
 @julia  Abuse of power/bullying  are  forms of aggression -a way of  seeing the world as  a place  where  there must be  winners/losers.

When you commit to non violence you start to see things in a new way.
Like looking for a dirt road off a familiar highway - just because you are now thinking about  dirt roads  you start to see there are many many dirt roads off that  same highway  that you never noticed before, even though they had been there all along.

Non violence is a way of seeing the world and responding to events.  It is not a switch  such as on / off  it is a commitment to peace - you learn by doing it every day  in all  situations.  You  may  resort to old ways  on occasion but  the trick is to  recommit to  non violence  and  the next time  you will  be  more inclined to  see the  non violent way to respond.
It does  take practice. 

Violence such as defending yourself from imminent harm  such as  mugger/rapist is another story.   Most of our wars  are tactical/political/verbal -  at times  even  physical  confrontation can be  redirected to  a non violent  situation ( such as  calming an enraged person down  until they can see they were  out of control)  or in world politics  using   diplomacy and  engaging   other countries  to support  a peaceful  solution.   

Sometimes  there are situations like rape  where your survival  depends on  responding to the situation at hand  in the best way you can  to protect yourself from the attacker. There may be no time for talk  or to  even  think beyond  being safe.  You look for any  opportunity to survive unharmed.         

If I am not invested in  causing harm  I  start to see many other ways to  come to agreement  or  if  there is a bully  to find   non lethal  ways to  subdue  the bully.      For example  there are  police officers that are bullies  - then  some smart folks  started to   record their bad behavior and post  in on line.  No violent confrontations but  the  social pressure  put on those police  dept  can bring about  change.   

Non violence  is a commitment  to a way of life - it is not  a trick or tool for one occasion.

julia

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 07:47:38 AM »
I've been meaning to reconcile this 2 sides of reality. On one side who I am naturally , a peaceful person, non problem seeker.. on the other side how to deal with injustice without letting it affect my balance. How can you live a normal life knowing all that is going on... I like your approach.. and yes, it does take practice but it's worth it.  I think that the moment that you acknowledge something , be it positive or negative, you are giving it strength.. I have wondered sometimes if it would be best to ignore the problems and focus on positive changes.. but the bullies must be stopped too.. I like your approach very much. thanks for sharing it ! <3