Author Topic: Forum member requests Wikileaks redaction of 10OTTAWA79  (Read 2205 times)

All Spiric

Forum member requests Wikileaks redaction of 10OTTAWA79
« on: November 12, 2014, 18:43:02 PM »
The Wikileaks Forum has received a request from an individual who is having a hard time due to a specific unredacted cable released by Wikileaks

We are forwarding the original text from the sender who wishes to remain anonymous.

The Cable: 
https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/10OTTAWA79_a.html

1. Most of the people on that list were never indicted, charged or even brought in for questioning. I wasn't even aware of it had it not been because of a friend who googled my name and told me about it.

2. It has my full name, passport number, date of birth and all visa information which exposes me to a lot of risk.

3. I am a recent graduate and have been unable to find work because I get rejected when it comes to background checks (most probably due to this cable).

Also I contacted the website admin of this other website that had the same cable posted. After a few emails they decided that they will redact the names of the people who were never indicted or charged because it is unfair due to the reasons I explained above.

So if wikileaks can be a little understanding about people like me who are simply trying to start a life in Canada/US but are facing these challenges just because they knew a person who knew a person that was being investigated by the authorities.

Let me know if you need anything else from me. Thanks so much for all your help!!