Author Topic: A response of ONE forum Administrator on the 'Shaf' Twitter issue  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Elaine Davis

• Administrator
  • To thine own self, be true.
There is a new disease on Twitter and it's called @shaftpatel. This malignant tumor faced armchair activist has been threatening forum members families for more than 3 months but it seems he reached a new low yesterday evening by making sexual threats against ex-forum members children.

We don't want to spend too much time on scum like this, but we will say this: We will not stand for, nor tolerate threats against children of forum members or ex-forum members.

He doesnt make any secrets about his "identity" so we see no harm in presenting the person who likes to threaten children with sexual violence ---QUOTED from another topic ----

http://www.wikileaks-forum.com/twitter-trolls/642/twitter-troll-atshafpatel-makes-violent-sexual-threats-against-forum-members-kids/32803/

This looks/sounds to me like a Rogue collective Anonymous member wannabe or copycat....he may get his IDEA of exposing information, doxxing or intimidation from certain sects of Anonymous.

I do not believe that all ANONYMOUS members are young folks trying for a rush or fifteen minutes of fame on social media or in life in general....I believe that some Anonymous members are good people. I will not say that for them all and probably cannot. =)

This individual may be tempted to spread his desire to other hackers, call out for their help and that could, but MAY NOT include members of Anonymous.

I will not give my any further opinion on Anonymous right now.

I have visited Twitter more recently in the last month and have gathered my own ideas about Anonymous through some of their posts. MY conclusions are not complete. My conclusions may not matter to anyone but me.

My conclusions and oponions take a long time to form, because I am aware that groups change, and people change. Purposes also change. Groups like Anonymous grow mentally over time, so I cannot give any oponions on my observations right now....

I do not respect the idea of doxxing individuals or groups of persons where exposing personal information includes the information of family members of their targets. Including family members and co workers in doxxing or exposing personal information shows lack of forethought...and I would definitely think twice before exposing personal information of my specific target and include personal info on innocent family members of those targeted.

This individual who threatens this forum....even if he did succeed in taking down the forum, exposing info on it's members...what would he accomplish??? EXPOSING and DOXXING is so common anymore, the public would probably dismiss it altogether.

The public might be more interested in what the Kardashians are wearing to look like a flock of parrots on a world cruise.

P.S. It might help if the posters (no offense) would not introduce the hacking individual of whom we speak with ""There is a new disease on Twitter and it's called @shaftpatel.""" - WE are smarter than that. This kind of posting only gives the 'offender' more opportunity to work against us as forum. I hope no one is offended by this statement, but we all know it's true. Sometimes we just can't help ourselves in our anger when we see someone threaten this forum.

This question does remain throughout all of this though: If folks like 'Shaf' believe that this forum is so awful, why do they bother to even read our material and threaten us??? It is almost as though by coming here they perpetuate their own reason for hating this forum
GOD FORBID THE LIGHTS GO OUT and a zillion brains have to be retrained to function in manual reality.

Does anyone else get the idea that the tweets on the WL account are starting to sound a little like someone is bathing in a bird bath, eating bird food & possibly smoking bird * in his own sphere??

All Spiric

Re: A response of ONE forum Administrator on the 'Shaf' Twitter issue
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 17:27:00 PM »
@ Elaine - Thank you for your expressions your views and opinions with us, this is why the forum exists.

Although I share your views on dealing with people like @shafpatel, I also share the disgust of the person who started the thread. I think calling this @shafpatels tweets a disease is more a compliment than anything else. Threatening children is an offence which would land @shafpatel a minimum jail sentence of 3 years. That would be mandatory. !

Further to his tweets one must not Forget that he is endorsed by none other than Assange himself who retweets his statements. Assange also "follows" @shafpatels account.

The Forum is also aware that this individual was actually a moderator for the forum at Assange's request, in fact the request was made to add him to the team of Administrators but was refused by the forum owner.

His account is still active and based on information provided to the forum by Sigurdur Thordarson, the individuals name, location and IP is known.

We can reveal that @shafpatel has been reported to the Police and have been advised to keep his identity under lock and key until the matter has been dealt with by the police and Twitters legal department.

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 21:57:24 PM »

@Elaine, thanks for the insight and thoughts, great stuff... I was interested in trying to address your remaining question...

"This question does remain throughout all of this though: If folks like 'Shaf' believe that this forum is so awful, why do they bother to even read our material and threaten us??? It is almost as though by coming here they perpetuate their own reason for hating this forum"

I believe that this 'Shaf' person does not actually think the forum is awful, in the sense of it being very bad. Quite the opposite actually.  I think that all of the fanatical fans of Assange think that this forum is a good enough forum to be a threat to them, to their very idealist and purist views of Assange. They would much more prefer to see him glorified in all forums of social media.

For me, it helps me distinguish between true believers of freedom of speech and information, and people that see leaking secrets as a way of personal gain, fame, fortune, etc...
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline Elaine Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 06:55:45 AM »
Riney, thanks!

What you are saying in regard to people like 'Shaf' (trolls) perceiving the forum as a threat is exactly what I was saying in essence. It is obvious that they come here to SEE how they are threatened....they perceive the forum as a threat, yet threaten the Administration and PROJECT to other social medias that this forum is some sort of ANTI something, supposedly AGAINST something that is REAL, like Assange's ideals, his purpose, his whatever.

They project the forum, or add to the projection, wherever that project ends up, as some sort of crusade against the issues that Assange is concerned with, when actually WE are more concerned than Assange in the REAL areas of the issues (surveillance, privacy, etc.), not the over imagined ones.

I love this line you wrote:
For me, it helps me distinguish between true believers of freedom of speech and information, and people that see leaking secrets as a way of personal gain, fame, fortune, etc...

Yeah! Me too! =)

That's exactly what WikiLeaks turned in to for Assange. He saw the fame, the donations, and then it bottomed out because of his ABILITY to Macro Manage, and his INABILITY to deal with reality. That is not saying he is not brilliant with the REAL parts of his ideals, which I won't go in to, but the imagined, the over paranoid drive, the OCD I would say that led him to keep leaking beyond what he should have (unnecessary leaks that really did lead to some national security issues), is what I am concerned about. (Good God, I probably sound like Hillary Clinton - forgive me Lord) ha! ....

I believe that when Assange's helpers fell in to the game of fame, fortune, personal gain, on top of what Assange put in to the same delusion, it all fell apart. Ok, nuff said on that.
Thanks for your thoughts! =)

I want to amend what I wrote above by adding that Julian Assange, after the success of WikiLeaks, came so close to falling in to the role of politician, public figure unexpectedly...and that had it's consequences...I don't know, wasn't there, but this is what I suspect happened.  He was not ready to accept those roles...Julian Assange was a journalist, a leaker of secrets...and the roles of politician (as the public and his admirers obviously made him), publiv figure and leaker did not jive with the macro management he probably tried to employ to keep his original ship of leaking secrets afloat. The characteristics required for each were too much for any normal human being.

JMHO.
GOD FORBID THE LIGHTS GO OUT and a zillion brains have to be retrained to function in manual reality.

Does anyone else get the idea that the tweets on the WL account are starting to sound a little like someone is bathing in a bird bath, eating bird food & possibly smoking bird * in his own sphere??

Offline Elaine Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 07:06:49 AM »
@ Elaine - Thank you for your expressions your views and opinions with us, this is why the forum exists.

Although I share your views on dealing with people like @shafpatel, I also share the disgust of the person who started the thread. I think calling this @shafpatels tweets a disease is more a compliment than anything else. Threatening children is an offence which would land @shafpatel a minimum jail sentence of 3 years. That would be mandatory. !

Further to his tweets one must not Forget that he is endorsed by none other than Assange himself who retweets his statements. Assange also "follows" @shafpatels account.

The Forum is also aware that this individual was actually a moderator for the forum at Assange's request, in fact the request was made to add him to the team of Administrators but was refused by the forum owner.

His account is still active and based on information provided to the forum by Sigurdur Thordarson, the individuals name, location and IP is known.

We can reveal that @shafpatel has been reported to the Police and have been advised to keep his identity under lock and key until the matter has been dealt with by the police and Twitters legal department.

Woah! I should have pieced more of this together before making my comment. Apologies.

This is what stands out to me...

I am under the impression that this individual 'Shaf' had an account on this forum when Siggy was owner, moderator, whatever. OR HAS this person incognito registered an account just recently ...

If this person was a moderator who was suggested by Assange YEARS ago, I have to question why he is suddenly threatening members of the forum...children, etc.?? Judging from the TWEETS presented on the original thread, I did not see any direct threats to children of the forum owner or children of the administration of the forum...I DID SEE some mention of family of the forum owner...

I am not saying this guy did not threaten children...I am not aware of the details of the situation other than the TWEETS that are posted here on the forum...other TWEETS may reveal more.

The fact that Shaf is even coming back around would suggest to me that he is an ASSANGE plant...maybe not directly, but definitely by way of some of Assange's comrades. I am willing to believe SHAF may have been intercepted recently by some of our other trolls, and convinced to come here and reak hovac with threats.

I could be wrong.

Thanks for updating me on this, and I apologize if I offended anyone. I look at things a little different than some folks, I realize. ....=)