Author Topic: Julian Assange is NOT guilty of Rape  (Read 3825 times)

Offline Elaine Davis

• Administrator
  • To thine own self, be true.
Julian Assange is NOT guilty of Rape
« on: March 25, 2015, 03:06:53 AM »
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/assange-demands-rape-case-files-sweden-questions-him-222634242.html#DivqSFf

Assange demands rape case files before Sweden questions him

By Nina Larson | AFP – Mon, Mar 23, 2015

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will agree to be questioned by Swedish prosecutors in London over rape allegations, but only if he is given access to the investigation files, his defence said Monday.
"We need to be provided access to the entirety of the proceedings, which for four and half years has been in the hands of the Swedish prosecution and not in the hands of the defence," said Baltasar Garzon, a former Spanish judge who is Assange's lawyer.

Swedish prosecutors offered earlier this month to drop their previous demand that Assange come to Sweden for questioning about the 2010 allegations, marking a significant U-turn in the case that has been deadlocked for nearly five years.

Sweden issued an arrest warrant for Assange in 2010 following allegations from two women in Sweden, one who claimed rape and another who alleged sexual assault.
The Australian former hacker, who has always vehemently denied the allegations and insisted the sexual encounters were consensual, has been ensconced in Ecuador's embassy in London since 2012 to avoid extradition to Sweden.

He has long offered to be interviewed by prosecutors at the embassy or by video link.
"That offer has always been on the table. It has been repeated again, and again and again, and I am very pleased that the prosecution has finally accepted that offer," Assange said via video feed to a diplomatic conference on how to protect whistleblowers from prosecution.

He added though that "there are details to work through" since three countries were involved and it remained unclear which jurisdiction would apply.

EXCERPTED from original article.

I can understand, in this case, WHY Assange wants to see the entire evidence file before being questioned.

Being accused of RAPE in two cases is a serious offense. 

Even though I have mixed feelings about Assange on his actions toward his co workers, his strange relationships, his strange need to always be in need of rescue (all of which I have made reference to throughout different postings on this forum), I do not believe that Julian Assange is guilty of RAPE in any definition of it in any country including the U.S. and Sweden.

I read the articles written describing what happened between Julian Assange and the two women he supposedly had relations with...and with both women consenting, knowingly or unknowingly that Julian had slept with the other, he is not guilty of rape.

Both women had the opportunity upon inviting him to a flat (apartment) to ask beforehand whether or not Julian was seeing someone else or had been seeing someone else. Therefore, Julian's relation with either or both on the same day did not even constitute lying or hiding something given that neither woman ASKED any questions before jumping in the sack with him. 

No offense to the women. Things happen, especially when we're young. But....I don't think I could get angry or feel invalidated that I was not informed that the man I invited to sleep with me did not tell me had been with another woman just hours before if I don't ask.

How did either woman know to ask whether or not Julian had been with someone just hours before, just months before or weeks before?

Well....it's kind of awkward to ask a man whether or not he has been with someone, been seeing someone or in love with someone else ...in the heat of the moment just before the desired copulation (LOL< whatta word)...because that would STOP the moment in its tracks...which makes me believe that neither woman wanted to KNOW whether or not he was seeing someone, they just wanted their turn with him more than they wanted to know whether or not he was seeing someone, had been seeing someone or anything else about him.

Just my humble view, as always.

Julian is NOT guilty of rape. If he is guilty of anything imaginable in this case, it is just that he managed to excite a couple of women on the same day and selectively did not tell the last of the two he slept with that he had just been with another...which of course, was open for him to do.
  E.D.
GOD FORBID THE LIGHTS GO OUT and a zillion brains have to be retrained to function in manual reality.

Does anyone else get the idea that the tweets on the WL account are starting to sound a little like someone is bathing in a bird bath, eating bird food & possibly smoking bird * in his own sphere??

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
Re: Julian Assange is NOT guilty of Rape
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 16:33:42 PM »
@Elaine,

Your comments are always so down to earth and honest. I always enjoy reading such cut to the chase comments by you. :-)

The Swedish definition of rape in this case is quiet a grey area for everyone. There is something lost in translation because when English speaking people have asked for a literal translation of what Assange is accused of and they get the words "minor rape"? Well what is that? Something along the lines of sexual molestation I guess.

What some have tried to explain is that in Sweden if someone intentionally did not use safe sex with an unsuspecting partner knowing full well they were carrying a life threatening sexually transmitted disease, essentially putting the sex partner's life at risk, that perpetrator could be charged with a kind of sexual assault.

I think what really got the investigators going in this case is both women described a full intention by Assange to go against their express wishes to practice safe sex with him, and ultimately put their lives at risk.

One of the women said she struggled to get Assange to put on a condom during sex, only then to have discovered afterward that he had intentionally broke the condom any way without her being aware, exposing her to STDs. The other women had safe sex with him early in the evening, fell asleep to find that he had taken it upon himself to start to have sex with her again while she was still alseep, this time choosing not to put on a condom after it was too late for her to insist again that he put one on.

So for me I do not really hang on the word "rape" here when I think about what Assange may be guilty of in this court case. If what the women are saying is true, then what he is guilty of in my opinion is putting his personal sexual gratification ahead of these women's right to protect their own health from deadly disease and/or unwanted pregnancies. If what they are saying is true, Assange is an axxhole at best, a possible sexual deviant capable of endangering the lives of unsuspecting sex partners at worst.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline Elaine Davis

• Administrator
  • To thine own self, be true.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 04:10:22 AM »
Riney....thanks for your comments!

Likewise, I always enjoy reading yours.  I have said before, and I recall posting it somewhere on this forum, that I enjoy reading your comments because you always CLARIFY, with grace,  the points someone else may have missed in their analogy.

I especially like this one...and you bring out what SWEDISH law may include in rape that the U.S. doesn't...

What some have tried to explain is that in Sweden if someone intentionally did not use safe sex with an unsuspecting partner knowing full well they were carrying a life threatening sexually transmitted disease, essentially putting the sex partner's life at risk, that perpetrator could be charged with a kind of sexual assault.

I think what really got the investigators going in this case is both women described a full intention by Assange to go against their express wishes to practice safe sex with him, and ultimately put their lives at risk.

--quote..Riney

Yes!! Now that I recall, I do remember the articles I read stating that at least one woman tried to get Julian to use a condom and he just moved right over the idea, on to the next stage of putting the woman to bed.

And truthfully, I can see where Swedish authorities can connect that to a kind of sexual assault of the worst kind because the women were willing to go to the measures of practicing safe sex and he didn't want to stop long enough to respect that.

The fact that the Swedish authorities wanted Julian questioned for this may mean, without the media having to directly say it and be charged with slander/libel (especially in the ASSANGE cases where ASSANGES always accuse of this kind of thing), is that Julian HAD AN STD at the time he connected with both women and both women showed signs of it, which CONFIRMS he had one.

If he did have one, which he very well could have, did he know?  Did he know he had one?? Maybe this is what Swedish authorities, without allowing the media to know of their intentions on such a sensitive issue, are really up against to close a case. 

And Julian, much too proud to have himself potentially slandered in the media as it carries news of this during all the attention on his case lately, would not want that to be exposed. It would just mean another notch in recent line of screw ups.

In reality, there is no shame in having and STD and transmitting it to two different women. What is shameful is the legnths ASSANGE goes to keeping it concealed .....

It really could happen to anyone.
GOD FORBID THE LIGHTS GO OUT and a zillion brains have to be retrained to function in manual reality.

Does anyone else get the idea that the tweets on the WL account are starting to sound a little like someone is bathing in a bird bath, eating bird food & possibly smoking bird * in his own sphere??

Offline jujyjuji

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 19:18:53 PM »
I absolutely think the Assange's case isn't like raping someone along the street. Not at all. They agreed to meet and they were on bed when the presumed rape/molestation happened.

But I also think a person, woman or man, has the right to say "no" in whatever moment and about whatever thing. JA is accused of not having respected this will. Wich  can surely be considered a molestation.

Now, I could undestand the "grey zone" before given he was asked to go to Sweden for the interrogation to state if he could be charged or not; but what excuse has he now, being granted an interrogation in the Ecuadorian Embassy that he still refuses with "100" pretexts?

May be it wasn't rape at all; only a tribunal can judge.
The problem is he refuses to face justice.

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 16:31:50 PM »
If you think about it, the Swedes did not do this particular legal case any favors by ever implying the allegations involved "rape". That word means different things to different people and is even tolerated differently by different cultures all over the world. They should have just stuck with a less triggering word to describe what the allegations were about. 

By implying "rape" in any degree of severity, even "minor rape" only lead to more confusion and debate by people from both sides. Assange fed his cult extensively with misinformation concerning this case to evade facing the allegations as much as possible. The cult decided to run with this blurred definition of "rape" and exploit it as a tool to argue their side of the big dark covert conspiracy they believe is being run against Assange in this matter.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear