Author Topic: Very strange scary tweet about whistleblowing  (Read 2713 times)

Offline jujyjuji

Very strange scary tweet about whistleblowing
« on: March 26, 2015, 12:01:02 PM »
L'Espresso journalist Stefania Maurizi, wikileaks cooperator, wrote:

@SMaurizi

prima che qualcuno finisca sciolto nell'acido,sarebbe importante capire che #whistleblowing deve essere fatto da gente seria con esperienza

11:25 - 24 mar 2015

Source: https://twitter.com/SMaurizi/status/580299462045728768

Translated it means:

"before someone ends up dissolved in the acid, it would be important to understand that #whistleblowing must be done by serious people with experience"

If you open the source-link you can notice another person asked her who the tweet is referred to, in Italian.
No reply.

Solving dead bodies in the acid is a method used by the organized crime to make dead bodies disappear without leaving traces.

So the sense is that somebody could end up killed by the mafia if they don't understand whistleblowing has to be done by experienced persons.

Given it isn't clear who/what the tweet is referred to, hoping she will explain better, I'm posting it here with translation, given it talks about people at risk of being killed.

Offline J.C

• la plume est plus puissante que l'épée
    • Snowden
Re: Very strange scary tweet about whistleblowing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 18:41:33 PM »
it is a phenomen on twitter. you can see mostly in the wikileaks-twitter-cult. sometimes they get really crazy and start posting such strange things like this. it is a view into the mind of a person who tweets. everything around and inside wikileaks seems very crazy, paranoid and unhealthy.

twitter is used by the wikileaks-cult as a medium for self-profiling at first. it is tweets like that that give you a greater insight on wikileaks and the paranoid-net around it than any 100 sites Statement by Julian Assange made about his club.
Assange fears the Pigeon.

https://goo.gl/QjIHja

Offline jujyjuji

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 08:12:52 AM »
I really hope it was just paranoia here as being it anythingelse someone woud be in danger.

Offline J.C

• la plume est plus puissante que l'épée
    • Snowden
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 11:17:54 AM »
it is just twitter. if people have to warn someone go to the police, or give them a personal meeting - but you do not tweet it if something REALLY is in danger you have no time to use twitter - those people are just begging for attention.
Assange fears the Pigeon.

https://goo.gl/QjIHja

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 16:06:12 PM »
The Assange cult are so polarized around anything involving Assange. It is such a confirmation that it is a cult to see otherwise normal people act radically when it comes to things about Assange. 

The twitter sphere also allows people to act radically because it is not a face to face interaction. I was listening to a podcast recently about how online bullying is so much easier for people now, since bully is no longer having to walk up to anyone and interact face to face. 

It has been even more easy for the Assange cult to bully or intimidate Assange critics because they can hide behind the front of WikiLeaks when trying to use those tactics. Time and time again they have harassed and attacked Assange critics all under the guise of accusing people of being anti WikiLeaks like they are against freedom of information. 

I think that the are loosing ground though. Assange himself has shamelessly proven himself to be only wanting to spread freedom of information when it somehow serves his personal agenda. When freedom of information leads to the possible exposure of his own faults/corruption, he takes a very active role in shutting it down.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline jujyjuji

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 17:29:56 PM »
I was wondering almost all the persons who have whistleblowed to WL or to journals are de facto without experience; also there are many people including Harrison that have built the main part of their journalistic experience working with Wikileaks so I think the experience is helpful in whistleblowing, but that's Not what makes a whistleblower but the kind of info he/she reports.If it's referred to the organization that publishes the info I think that must be careful what they post, how they post, what to redact or not, etc. Wikileaks isn't perfect itself though I think the main part of the leaks are helpful stuff...

I think this specific tweet may be referred to some Italian guys, given also what she posted after...

And I agree that if someone is in danger the best is to call the police and warn the person to be careful.

I think and hope nobody is at risk here.