Author Topic: Phishing emails.... examples for the common internet surfer.  (Read 13315 times)

Offline Obnoxious Bastard

• Administrator
Re: Phishing emails.... examples for the common internet surfer.
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 23:12:09 PM »
These emails are so prevalent now, something must be feeding them. Who in the world is falling for this stuff??
Just the usual Nigerian 419 scam. You may wanna check this site to see how these scammers are dealt with http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

Offline liloleme

• Life is short
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 01:25:14 AM »
Why you should know this: Surveys say that approximately 1 in every 3 people in America DIE of Heart Disease. But knowing the signs can save your life.
Subtle signs are detective if you have the right information. Detecting these symptoms is just like having the right key to the lock.
Dont risk your life!
Get to know the valuable information today: http://meltcity.com/llVlJqtzDktEKd5OoOe0/Heart
Don't want any new messages: http://meltcity.com/iNBvW8Wn4RQcyYEwotFJ/n
3083 Mount Olive Road,Atlanta, GA 30303

Offline liloleme

• Life is short
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 05:27:50 AM »
Classic, phishing email claiming that Jurassic Park is open lol

[font=Gotham, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hold onto your butts, it’s going to be a wild ride[/font][/color]
[font=Gotham, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]You chose to receive marketing materials from us which match your interests which is why you have received this email. Please add us to your list of safe senders to make sure that you continue to receive these materials. 
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, please Unsubscribe[/font]
[/color]
[font=Gotham, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] welcome to an adventure 65 million years in the making…

The Park is now open and you’re invited to [font=Gotham, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]join in with $10[/font]
[/color][/color][/url], on us, today.

With the Jurassic World roaring back into action we can’t think of a better way to get involved with than by playing the superb Jurassic Park pokies. All new players this week will receive their wild welcome gift to jump right into the action. 

Spin the reels to match up tyranno-tastic combos and hunt for rich rewards. But remember, if something chases you, RUN…

This game has long been one of the most popular online and with a $10 welcome giftyou can see why, today.[/font][/color]
[font=Gotham, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Open up a whole new frontier of gaming with your $10 treat:

[/font]
  • [font=Gotham, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Sign up to play today[/font][/color]
  • Receive your welcome credits
  • Start playing the stunning Jurassic Park today

With 243 WTW, this state-of-the-art pokie is the real deal. Thanks to the stunning graphics and sound effects you’ll feel like you’re actually there among the velociraptors but, thankfully, their roar is worse than their bite in this game. 

Featuring up to 35 wild symbols at any one time, no other online game can boast such excitement and within no time you could even be hitting the Jurassic jackpot. 

Make a killing with [font=Gotham, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]$10 on Jurassic Park
[/size]
 today and enter the park where your imagination isn’t the only thing that runs wild...[/font][/color]
[font=Gotham, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Jurassic Park isn’t the only pokie you can play at top-rated games website HC. With hundreds of the latest and greatest games to choose from, including classic card and table games, you won’t want to leave. 

Start your games experience today with your HC welcome package.[/font]
[font=Gotham, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]© 2015 - All rights reserved

This message was sent to on 14 Jun 2015

To stop receiving these messages, please click the following link to be removed from our mailing list:Unsubscribe
Customer Service | Privacy Policy | T&Cs
Do you think you may have received this message by mistake? Are you not the owner of the listed email address? Please get in touch with our Customer Service team or view our Terms & Conditions to inform us of the issue. 

The contents of this email is intended for the named recipient only. Please do not review, retransmit, reproduce or disseminate the information within this email - any attempt to do so is a breach of our terms and is strictly prohibited. 

Save the trees: please only print this email if you have a legitimate need to do so.
[/font]
[/color]

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 15:49:14 PM »
My internet email service, just like all email services has a filter to try and keep these from coming up into my main email. I puts the obvious ones into a spam folder for me to review later. There are so many that come right through anyway. I do not know how. 

When I do get around to reading through the spam folder to delete everything, that is when things really get scary. I can honestly say, it is getting so much worse. 

Phone calls too, I currently have on my answering machine two messages that I have saved that came while I was out of town. I left them on there just as a reminder to stay diligent. One of them is a US census bureau scam, claiming it is the US government agency calling with a case number, and please call us back....
The other one is really vile! It is someone sounding terrible gruff claiming to be a criminal attorney that is offering to take care of the enormous charges that the IRS has against me for tax evasion. He says that I need to call him back urgently and pay enormous amounts of money to avoid prison... blah, blah, blah. 

Who are these losers?!?
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 15:55:41 PM »
henchm
My internet email service, just like all email services has a filter to try and keep these from coming up into my main email. I puts the obvious ones into a spam folder for me to review later. There are so many that come right through anyway. I do not know how.

When I do get around to reading through the spam folder to delete everything, that is when things really get scary. I can honestly say, it is getting so much worse.

Phone calls too, I currently have on my answering machine two messages that I have saved that came while I was out of town. I left them on there just as a reminder to stay diligent. One of them is a US census bureau scam, claiming it is the US government agency calling with a case number, and please call us back....
The other one is really vile! It is someone sounding terrible gruff claiming to be a criminal attorney that is offering to take care of the enormous charges that the IRS has against me for tax evasion. He says that I need to call him back urgently and pay enormous amounts of money to avoid prison... blah, blah, blah.

Who are these losers?!?
I wouldn't be surprised if Assange's henchmen are behind these personal attacks on you. Simply mark them as spam and then delete

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 16:05:07 PM »
I would not be surprised at all if some of this stuff is coming from an Assange henchmen. I have seen them be capable of much worse than this even. As things for him get worse, as they will, the henchmen will get more desperate with each passing day. All cults eventually crash and burn...
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 23:14:40 PM »
Thank you for your purchase!

Order #:
Billed To:
(personal email address)

Description Date Unit Price # Users Price
Hot Outfit

June 4th, 2015 $300.00 -(personal email address) -$300.00
 Subtotal: $300.00
Tax: $60.00
Total: $360.00
Payment: $360.00

Check Your Order

Thanks,
The Sugar Outfitters Team

If you want Refund and Cancel your order CLICK HERE

I just got this crap today. So basically is contains links, to check an order I never ordered, and  link to cancel or get a refund for an order I never ordered. All geared to getting me to click on some link that does god knows what! I would love to have a safe computer... one that I could click on these evil links just to see what they really are.... or at least to send some horrible link right back at them.... one that would lock their computer right up!

Offline Mister Toast

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2015, 00:16:00 AM »
fucking hell....I can beat that

Since we're a "FBI forum" ( lol ) you may as well read this:

" Dear Sir,

We have been trying to reach you for some time now, your silent have caused many damages as Mr. ANDERSEN ERIK ROBERT DEDEKAM, a Citizen of Canada who claims to be your representative, assigned and authorized by you for the claim of your fund awaiting transfer into his nominated bank account. He said that you had an Accident and could not proceed and claim this fund. He also summated his bank account information below;

(1)Canada Account:
Bank Name: CIBC BANK
Bank Address:, #3003 Dan forth Avenue, Dan forth & Victoria Branch, Canada
Transit # : 07932/010
Account #: 92-26133 (Us$ Current)
Swift Code: CIBCCATT
Beneficiary: Andersen Erik Robert Dedekam

You are advised to confirm the true statue of the documents that was summit on your behalf to enable us proceed with the transfer of this fund into his Bank account. If we did not hear from you in Three (3) working days, we shall conclude that you authorized Mr. ANDERSEN ERIK ROBERT DEDEKAM to claim your fund and the fund will be transfer into his bank account.
DID YOU AUTHORISE HIM TO DIVERT YOUR FUND INTO HIS BANK ACCOUNT? Reply via email and call me in receipt of this email for more information in details. Reconfirm your Mobile/Direct phone Number. Payment can be made via telegraphic transfer, Online banking, certify bank draft, the choice is yours. Also reconfirm your full mailing address for dispatching your original document via courier and also provide your BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION to transferring your fund into your bank account. This process will take only 2 working days. You are advise to provide the following information's below and forward it to DR JUDE MIKE ON THIS EMAIL ADDRESS([email protected])for easy transfer:

1. Full Name:
2. Address/Nationality:
3. Age:
4. Occupation;
5. Direct Telephone Number(s):
6. Bank Name:/Bank Address:
7. Bank Account Number:
8. Swift Code:/Routing Number:
9. A Copy of Your Identification:

We sincerely regret the delay of releasing your fund, be rest assured of prompt payment. If for any reason we did not hear from you, your fund will be cancel and we will not be reliable for any lost thereafter, therefore comply as urgent as possible, We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr. Richard Cave
Customs & Border Protection Officer
26 Federal Plaza #258, New York, NY 10278, United States

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2015, 16:37:55 PM »
Unbelievable that they would think that people will actually give out the bank account information. Total scammers! I assume these emails can not be traced?? I wonder if any government agencies.. authorities of any kind bother to hunt these people down?

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2015, 18:11:11 PM »
n
Unbelievable that they would think that people will actually give out the bank account information. Total scammers! I assume these emails can not be traced?? I wonder if any government agencies.. authorities of any kind bother to hunt these people down?
ppl don't give out their banks accounts. They are lead to believe they have been chosen to receive a large sum of money, mostly unclaimed inheritance. In order to claim the money and have it sent to your account, they require an upfront payment to cover transfer costs etc etc. You will be asked to wire the money via Western Union upon which they magically disappear. The scheme is called a "419" and you can find out how it works here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced-fee_scam

Offline jujyjuji

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2015, 10:33:08 AM »
@Riney thanks for the thread: very important.

I've been recently literally flooded of phishing emails that introduce themselves as being your "Carta Sì" (a kind of card) and asking to "add my data" to "change passwords" to "secure my account" etc etc.

They send you a link that looks 99% like the original site, but if you try to open other links on that site you'd see it's completely False as nothing else opens but the main homepage.

Also: generally paying services don't send you just an email and it's always better to check via phone or else before sending economic and personal data to whoever via email.

In the last month I think I have deleted, blocked and reported at least 10 attempts of stealing my data from "Carta Sì"... Pity that I have NO Carta Sì! LOL!

As the secure service hasn't been activated... blah blah blah... We ask you to insert your data in the above link.
We have a new security service to protect your data...

[WOW! applauses for the new system and the lie! - sarcasm]

They even thank you for spending your time doing what they ask, and they assure you after can normally keep using your account after.

The fraud-email is entitled "(3D Secure Service): registering for the service is mandatory".
So to pressure the person to introduce his/her data without thinking twice:

With certain computers if you click on the link the site initially appears "normal", it looks exactly like the true one, but, if you explore it better, it generally has non working other links because it's just a copy of the original. This may also be a way to immediately recognize attempts of phishing.

In case the scammers have been able enough to recreate a decent copy of the site, I anyway think requests of sensitive economic personal data aren't usually sent just via email (I used to receive also a written communication for whatever important thing when I had a card). One can always also phone the service and/or contact his/her bank to ask for more info to avoid frauds.

Anyway if you open the link with an i-phone or other stuff with high security levels...

It says "This site is suspect of phishing"!

I have also noticed that by clicking on the email addresses that in my case were trying to imitate "Carta Sì", each time a different email address was sending the fraud and they did not look like anything professional (may be auto-generated email addresses?!).

I think it's very important to report all these attempts of phishing to the email service and also to the true service the scammers are trying to imitate, so they can be identified and stopped from trying to stealing money and data to the people.

Offline jujyjuji

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2015, 10:42:11 AM »
Related images that I don't know why the previous post didn't add:

Intro:

They say you Must register your data:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRqytJ_XIAAsUkx.jpg:large" />

The site is suspect of phishing:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRqzBDEWIAAMWfF.jpg" />

Offline jujyjuji

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 10:43:54 AM »
Isn't this more or less the method they used to steal CIA's chief's data? Persuading somebody to have his/her emails, passwords, etc. Or am I confusing it with something else?

henchm

Who are these losers?!?
I wouldn't be surprised if Assange's henchmen are behind these personal attacks on you. Simply mark them as spam and then delete