Author Topic: Someone trying to hack into the forum by trying to hack into an admin account  (Read 3870 times)

Offline Jerbar

• Administrator
Late last evening I received an email generated automatically from this forum as a "forgot password" service, because someone tried to sign in under my account and failed at too many attempts to guess my password.

Here is the IP as it was posted on twitter as well....

I do not know what loser in life tried to do this, but loser you are and try and get a life sometime while you are at it.

Offline J.C

• la plume est plus puissante que l'épée
    • Snowden
can only be a wiki-looser.
maybe one of that guys with documents labeled "Top Secret" now thinks he has "tha power"?!

we should send wikileaks more documents labeled SECRET NOFORN draw some Gulls and Eagles o it - so they keep thinking they are in charge of something "real" ;_))))
Assange fears the Pigeon.

https://goo.gl/QjIHja

Offline jujyjuji

Whoever did this has been very insane and very stupid because he/she hasn't even used TOR to hide the IP (unless... Swiss proxy??) ...
Anyway this action seriously shows how some people are trying to censor and undermine this forum, whoever did the attack.
I hope it's not from a wikileaks endorsed person but just a fanatic or it would be grave.
This is not a governative entity or a multinational company... it's a forum: what do they hope to obtain, the personal impression of the admins? Or do they want to take control over the site (that would lead to legal action by the owner against the attackers of course).
Who did it is a total looser.

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
There is no doubt in my mind that who ever tried to hack into an admin account meant to have "tha power"?! LOL

Whether they meant it only to joke around or to cause real damage to the forum remains to be seen. Both options are on the table.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline jujyjuji

Lol yeah indeed, without telling that admins are just staffers and NOT the owners of the site so "that power" of... doing nothing, actually moving some boards at least... which would be an attempt of censoring the site as usual. How pathetic!

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
Moving boards around would be the least of the damage a person could do to the forum with admin permissions. I think as an admin you could probably block member accounts from posting at all. You could also modify post in the original form and severely misrepresent members opinions or actions... there is probably even worse than that. Scary!
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin .. and yet we must arm ourselves with fear

Offline 666

• Administrator
Moving boards around would be the least of the damage a person could do to the forum with admin permissions. I think as an admin you could probably block member accounts from posting at all. You could also modify post in the original form and severely misrepresent members opinions or actions... there is probably even worse than that. Scary!

All they could do is delete posts and other admins, mods and members which would do them no good since the forum is backed up 4 times a day on 2 seperate backup servers. All we need do would be to restore last backup.......big deal ;-)

Offline Riney

• Support Administrator
All they could do is delete posts and other admins, mods and members which would do them no good since the forum is backed up 4 times a day on 2 seperate backup servers. All we need do would be to restore last backup.......big deal ;-)

It is nice to have a web master around. :-)!

Offline J.C

• la plume est plus puissante que l'épée
    • Snowden
pretty sure it was a true hacker with mask of guy fawkz those really super internet guys ya all know.

Assange fears the Pigeon.

https://goo.gl/QjIHja