Author Topic: SPARE THE PEOPLE OF ALEPPO  (Read 1289 times)

Offline von

SPARE THE PEOPLE OF ALEPPO
« on: December 16, 2016, 22:57:36 PM »
SPARE THE PEOPLE OF ALEPPO

Demand that Russia & Syria allow the safe evacuation of people from Aleppo

THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE TRAPPED AND FEAR FOR THEIR LIVES

Update(December 16, 2016): Thousands of people are now trapped in freezing temperatures as evacuations have stopped. 

Right now, people in East Aleppo are posting their final goodbyes online as government forces gain full control of the city. Instead of being given a safe path out, they face being trapped, tortured or executed. 

In a matter of hours at least 82 civilians, including children, were shot on the spot by government and allied forces who entered their homes, or at gunpoint in the streets. A tentative ceasefire has now fallen apart again. 

The lives of tens of thousands of people are in the hands of the Russian and Syrian governments.

Join our urgent call for the safe evacuation of the people trapped in Aleppo and the deployment of UN monitors to protect people from harm.

THE PEOPLE OF SYRIA HAVE SUFFERED ENOUGH.

“The rocket fell on the door, killing a guard and a medical worker. I did not hear the plane or the strike. I felt an explosion, electricity cut and I woke up with a buzzing sound in my ear.” - Doctor at al-Quds hospital where 27 staff and patients were killed.

In recent months the world, including the UN Security Council, has watched from the side-lines as civilians have been slaughtered on a daily basis and eastern Aleppo has been flattened and transformed into a mass grave. The global inaction in the face of such inhumanity is shameful. 

The brutal conflict in Syria has entered its sixth year with no end in sight. Thirty-five people “disappear” every day. Five people are killed every hour. And every twenty seconds another Syrian is forced to flee their home. Hospitals have been systematically targeted as a strategy of war.  This is now the world’s worst humanitarian catastrophe.

http://takeaction.amnesty.ca/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=1770&ea.campaign.id=46365&utm_medium=email&utm