Author Topic: GMO Foods and WL Cable release re GMO Corn  (Read 1588 times)

Offline sunnieskye

• New Member Group
GMO Foods and WL Cable release re GMO Corn
« on: March 08, 2011, 03:40:31 AM »
This   http://crisisboom.com/2011/02/26/wikileaks-gmo-conspiracy/   caught my eye on another site, and I wanted to know what others think about it. I was a plant genetics engineer for 3 years, and worked for a company (not Monsanto) that wanted GMO cotton which was resistant to the herbicide they sold. We made it for them. Aside from the phenomenal amount of $$ they threw at us for doing this research for them, I worry about the ethics of what we did, especially in light of recent studies claiming the engineered genes are showing up in other plants.

Exdefensecontractor

Re: GMO Foods and WL Cable release re GMO Corn
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 04:13:12 AM »
I really have no idea of the implications of the genetic engineering you were involved in .... However ..... I really do see a large advantage of someone knowledgeable as yourself working to educate the population of the dangers of GMOs ..... I really think that quite often these things go on without the general population even aware of what's being done with their food supply. The more I think about it, the scarier it sounds ...... I think I might start my own greenhouse ..... And fast .... Unless it's already too late!

Offline sunnieskye

• New Member Group
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 13:24:04 PM »
It's never too late!  I would urge everyone  not to eat this stuff, though! We simply don't know what proteins gene insertion damages, or what the long-term outcome of eating GMO will be.  We DO know what happens when we soak the Earth in pesticides and herbicides!!!

Exdefensecontractor

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 17:25:59 PM »
By too late I mean ..... We likely don't know what has and what has not been modified.
I understand that sometimes this stuff cross pollinates with natural stuff and before you know it it's all GMO.