Author Topic: Schoking NEWS: Oslo bomb kills 7; shootings at nearby youth camp  (Read 2940 times)

julia

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/07/22/general-eu-norway-explosion_8579630.html

Oslo bomb kills 7; shootings at nearby youth camp
OSLO, Norway -- Terrorism struck long-peaceful Norway on Friday when a bomb ripped open buildings including the prime minister's office and a man dressed as a police officer opened fire at a nearby island youth camp connected to the ruling party. At least seven people were killed and several others injured in the bomb blast, the nation's worst attack since World War II.
Police Inspector Bjoern Erik Sem-Jacobsen said a suspect in the shooting has been arrested. He said the gunman, who was dressed as a police officer, pulled out a gun and started firing into the crowd of youths. There were unconfirmed reports that five people were wounded in that shooting.

Acting Police Chief Sveinung Sponheim told broadcaster NRK that investigators suspect the two attacks are linked.
A square in Oslo, where the Nobel Peace Prize is awarded, was covered in twisted metal, shattered glass and documents expelled from surrounding buildings, which house government offices and the headquarters of some of Norway's leading newspapers. Most of the windows in the 20-floor high-rise where Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg and his administration work were shattered.
Stoltenberg was working at home Friday and was unharmed, according to senior adviser Oivind Ostang.
Public broadcaster NRK showed video of a blackened car lying on its side amid the debris. An AP reporter who was in the office of Norwegian news agency NTB said the building shook from the blast and all employees were evacuated. Down in the street, he saw one person with a bleeding leg being led away from the area.

julia

Re: Schoking NEWS: Oslo bomb kills 7; shootings at nearby youth camp
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 20:52:00 PM »
Sorry, as many as 30 dead in shooting by now:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201009116035628

julia

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 20:52:23 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

Nomad112

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 21:58:28 PM »
Very disturbing and scary.
Tonight my thoughts and my support goes out to the Norwegian people <3

Offline tabula rasa

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 02:12:20 AM »
Very disturbing and scary.
Tonight my thoughts and my support goes out to the Norwegian people <3
Well said.
There is a certain dramatic irony attached to all this. A synchronicity that borders on predestination, one might say.

Offline Rod

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 03:39:32 AM »
I am very sorry for the victims of this terrorist attack and very upset as well. Innocent people has always to be the target of violence in any part of the world. It's not fair.

So far the crime seem to be politically motivated.

The news are saying that the investigations so far show Anders Behring Breivik, a 32 year-old Norwegian man as the author of the shooting. He may be linked to the extreme right movement.

Earlier claims that the islamist group Ansar a-Yihad al-Alami was behind the terrorist attack have been dismissed.

Norway is a member of the NATO and contributes to the mission in Afghanistan and the military campaign in Lybia.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 03:41:17 AM by Rod »

julia

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 07:16:13 AM »
Probably everyone knows already, but I am posting to follow up:
Norway suspect laid out detailed plans for violence against "traitors," Muslims
http://electronicintifada.net/blog/ali-abunimah/norway-suspect-laid-out-detailed-plans-violence-against-traitors-muslims

Offline Aryanarth

• New Member Group
  • The people have the actual power, not the state.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 22:57:59 PM »
Maybe this is old news but, Anders Behring Breivik has written a manifest ( i have it if someone is intrested ).

Offline MademoiselleMercurielle

• Magnificently confused
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 23:41:56 PM »
Maybe this is old news but, Anders Behring Breivik has written a manifest ( i have it if someone is intrested ).

Here's a taker. It's rather Unabomber-esque or so I've heard. Death count is now up to 92.  :'(
We are the Universe learning about itself.

julia

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 03:43:50 AM »

Aryanarth.. It's good that you ask. I think I am not interested.. :(