Author Topic: Collateral Murder Footage  (Read 31688 times)

Offline runa

• Kerstin
Collateral Murder Footage
« on: February 27, 2011, 15:27:11 PM »

Wikileaks leaked video of Civilians killed in Baghdad - Full video

Collateral Murder - Wikileaks - Iraq

short and concise version

Collateral Murder - Wikileaks - Iraq

Wikileaks has obtained and decrypted this previously unreleased video footage from a US Apache helicopter in 2007. It shows Reuters journalist Namir Noor-Eldeen, driver Saeed Chmagh, and several others as the Apache shoots and kills them in a public square in Eastern Baghdad. They are apparently assumed to be insurgents. After the initial shooting, an unarmed group of adults and children in a minivan arrives on the scene and attempts to transport the wounded. They are fired upon as well. The official statement on this incident initially listed all adults as insurgents and claimed the US military did not know how the deaths ocurred. Wikileaks released this video with transcripts and a package of supporting documents on April 5th 2010 on http://collateralmurder.com
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 17:39:39 PM by runa »

Offline Chrysamere

• Youtube Channel
The "Comments" Topic
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 21:18:42 PM »
I've watched this video twice. Even now I remain speechless. That's why I'm creating this thread to know what you people think about it (Sadly, we can't seem to be able to post on the original video thread from this section).
Free Julian Assange!

Offline Valgor

Re: The "Comments" Topic
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 01:29:06 AM »
I could not make it through the whole video.  Once they started shotting I had to turn it off.  Stuff like that is so disgusting and I get so pissed off when I see it.

Offline Chrysamere

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 01:32:25 AM »
I first watched this on Christmas Eve... There was definitely no partying for me after all that..
Free Julian Assange!

Offline Dfg

• Totsean
    • Totse.info
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 01:33:09 AM »
I was angry at those ****** protesting. I even wrote a guide about it. Reddit Linked

The thing is I find it hard to feel pity for them. It's just me. But do read the guide for full details.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 14:36:43 PM by Infinity-irc »
Fighters of FREEDOM!

Offline Chrysamere

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 01:41:08 AM »
I read your guide completely and I agree with the 3 first paragraphs, the whole religion and sheeps thing. As for the rest of it, I admit that I feel wierd about it. But, I have to say that I live in Canada, therefore I don't know how is life there in Pakistan so I can't quite understand everything you said.
Free Julian Assange!

Offline Valgor

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 02:02:49 AM »
Yeah, same thing.  I don't understand it after the first few paragraphs.  I've never been in situation.  Plus, I don't know how that related to this thread.

Also, starting out calling your audience idiots is a guaranteed way to make people not read your post.  Calling religious people idiots has nothing to do with the purpose of your article.

Offline MoHAlixPr

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 03:59:46 AM »
Honestly the first engagement is somewhat understandable.  I don't support war of this sort but I can see how mistakes were made.  The part that I feel strongly about is the second engagement on the house.

Those kinds of Rules of Engagement don't make sense from a moral standpoint and a practical standpoint.  How do you think you're supposed to win a war against insurgents by antagonizing the civilian populace like that?  Blowing up and entire building simply because an armed individual walks in it will just breed more insurgents.

Exdefensecontractor

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 04:24:26 AM »
  How do you think you're supposed to win a war against insurgents by antagonizing the civilian populace like that?  Blowing up and entire building simply because an armed individual walks in it will just breed more insurgents.

Agree! In fact ... It will breed a generation of people with an axe to grind ..... I would be pretty upset that's for sure.
There is nothing pretty about war .... But that doesn't mean there are not boundaries to stay inside.

Offline owen_traft

• New Member Group
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 10:54:46 AM »
I have just witnessed this video on collateralmurder.com and I do not think I have the adequate words to convey exactly how this video made me feel. Horrified. Disgusted. Ashamed. These words do not seem to emote my true feelings. After all is said and done the truth is all we have. Only in my wildest dreams will the people involved be held accountable for their heinous crimes against humanity. Viva La Truth.

OT

Offline zomNick

• New Member Group
Re: Collateral Murder Footage
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 13:06:10 PM »
OMG. I stopped at 3mins of the 1st video   :( :(

So this is a weapon for then now?

Offline NeverQuit01

• New Member Group
  • Fighting the big four, one consumer at a time.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 14:39:17 PM »
I would say im speechless but dumbfounded is more suiting.

Offline michellem06

• New Member Group
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 05:29:26 AM »
I watched both versions of this video and made my own summary of it.  One of the things that upsets me the most is that this doesn't surprise me at all. I think that, aside from the fact that the UK demanded the US army to release them this video - and I'm sure the US assumed (or hoped) it would never be released to the public, the only reason they did eventually give in to the demands is because to them - out of all the horrible things they do at war - this is nothing compared to the rest. 
What I can't get over is how the US soldiers are actually laughing! "Look at those dead bastards! Nice!" Says one of them......
They are begging their superior to let them fire, "come on, let us shoot!"
These men are the perfect illustration of how war is just fun and games to them.  It's like a real life video game..here is the dialect at the end of the second shooting, on the building, "There it goes! Look at that b*tch go!" "Patoosh!" "Ah, sweet!" "Does it look good?"

In Australia there is a new advertisement for joining the army.  I can't find it on youtube anywhere to show you, and I switch the channel every time they come on, but the first few seconds shows someone sitting in an office at the photocopier or something, and someone says "tired of your boring 9-5 job?"  The ad then goes on to show how 'fun' the army is.
And that's just it.  That's how they are recruiting people these days - not to fight for your country or anything like that (not that I agree with that in any way whatsoever anyway) - but to have fun - to escape from your boring life - to be different to everyone else.  And that is the attitude of all these soldiers - they go there to shoot at things (as they see people) and blow up things and be all "manly".

It is sickening.  I am so glad this video was released.  I am trying to spread it around as much as I can.  The trouble is so many people attitude to life is ignorance is bliss.  My dad doesn't even watch bad things on the news, like police brutality, because it is "unhealthy" to watch.  That also sadens me!  But thank you, wikileaks, for releasing this video!

Offline vocal maj

• New Member Group
  • yes its my opinion, but its only that nothing more
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 16:46:41 PM »
Hi michellem06, I served in the RAAF from 1995-2001, and was fortunate never to have served in a conflict zone. over the time of service my attitude changed ( i guess my outlook matured a little), and i realised that as thankful as i was for the training i received( i can fix aeroplanes :) ) i was glad that i didnt have to be involved in conflict, as i dont belive in it. dont forget that a very few people make a lot of money out of wars, and to them seeing people killed means more dollars, its very sad. as for your dad turning off the news, i am still waiting for the nightly news title to be changed to its true identity, that is "the bad news" as that is all it ever seems to show. Take heart that there are more and more people each day discovering that we have a voice, and that the majority should be put before the minority, if you dont believe me just look in a dictionary. <3

Offline SwedishGirl

• New Member Group
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 12:49:27 PM »
The second viewing of this footage is no easier than the first. I have heard that a shot or shots to the stomach are the most painful of all. So we have a small female child who is waiting for help in the arms of the comrade of the one who shot her in the first place. They should have sent that glefully shooting soldier down to hold her while she screamed in agony. He needed to look into the eyes of his victim in order to learn a good lesson. Those are people, real people you are killing. This is not a video game, son. I wish you no ill will. You are a boy who has been trained to kill and so you did. You were brainwashed into a killing machine. And kill you did. This is not a video game, son. This is not a video game. You learned that on the day this footage was taken. I don't think you will have a good nights rest for a very long time. I took care of veterans of war in a nursing home. They are in their seventies and eighties and they still suffer from the nightmares of what they did and regret.  :'(