Author Topic: It seems our brainstorming leads to nowhere  (Read 2284 times)

Flavia

It seems our brainstorming leads to nowhere
« on: September 18, 2011, 16:01:54 PM »
It's not a reproach, just a matter of fact.
I've read about the e-bay auction of JA's memorabilia, such as coffee scraps from the jail and so on.
the situation is tragic, I guess, and I can't see a solution.
tomorrow I'll send something to Ellingham, even if I don't trust the royal mail any more.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 17:42:42 PM by Flavia »

greekemmy

Re: It seems our brainstorming leads to nowhere
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 00:32:30 AM »
@Flavia

Royal Mail is mostly reliable but I would certainly use Special Delivery, "to be signed for" and would add a self addressed envelope (postage paid) in case there is something wrong with the cheque, they can let you know. If I were to send a cheque in the future, that's what I would do.

:)

WL will always need public funding, now and into the future, I just hope the financial blockade will end and therefore the payment channels can open up again.

Flavia

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:56:31 AM »
last time I used the "to be signed for" and I had no feedback.
I hope this time it works.

greekemmy

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 11:58:25 AM »
sorry, you lost me, what do you mean Flavia?

Flavia

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 12:41:47 PM »
Just meant that when I sent a donation to FSI via postal mail some months ago, I could "track and trace" the item (a registered letter with signed return receipt) only until the day it was sent to the UK. Then, I had no feedback, because the Royal Mail doesn't return a signed receipt anymore.

Voda

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 12:55:42 PM »

greekemmy

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 14:02:26 PM »
Thank you Voda! I think I will follow your advise and purchase items from the store. The stickers too are a great idea, and I was not aware they existed as a means of donations.

Flavia, I do not know what to say. I don't think it is prudent to inquire further into the matter of your donation. As it is a private matter. I hope you find a suitable way of donating. JA & WL certainly need our support as you rightly said, and we are all willing to help :)