Author Topic: Mannings pre-trial detention  (Read 1381 times)

Offline flooglestreet

• New Member Group
Mannings pre-trial detention
« on: December 20, 2011, 12:08:33 PM »
Manning has been held for 17 months without trial. Is this government persecution, defense lawyer maneuvering a combination of the two, or what?

Offline Schlafendwolf

• Arius Schlafendwolf
Re: Mannings pre-trial detention
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 23:20:37 PM »
Thanks Flooglestreet.

I think what it is, is the detention of a man who has been accused of allegedly committing a 'crime' for the good of all humanity. I am not religious myself, but I believe Christian history has a similar story.

And as vast swathes of US citizens are Christians, the whole case lies uncomfortably within public ethics.

If the prosecution are successful in this case it is sending a clear and uncomfortable message to all US society :

If you witness a murder, under certain circumstances, you must remain silent.
If you become aware of abuse of democratic privilege, you must, under certain circumstances remain silent.
If you witness your army commander abusing children, you must remain silent.
If you become aware of an official committing illegal activities, you must remain silent.
If you witness war crimes or atrocities, you must, under some circumstances, remain silent.

And the terrible thing is, this same ethos prevailed in Nazi Germany, and caused millions to be callously terminated.

Or, to put it another way, Bradley Manning, at another time and place, could today be standing accused of leaking to the world the horrors of Nazi Concentration Camps.

THAT is why Bradley Manning is not a criminal, he is a hero.
Lack of fear is the road to truth,
Truth is the basis of information,
Information is the key to power.

Do not be afraid.

Offline I-own-My-mind

Re: Mannings pre-trial detention
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 12:48:34 PM »
He maybe guilty of releasing the video of the Murders, but i Sincerely believe with hand on Heart that he has been set-up.

The U.S Gov't and Military have been Paranoid for a very long time and more so over the last 30 years, that being the case,those higher up in the ranks would have a system set so that they could monitor all the computers AND have the Authority to search for any irregularities so anyone going into extreme classified info would be pounced on in an instant, that is why i think BM has been set-up, i've said it in another post the same, this is obviously the way i see it. He'll be well remembered the same as JA in the same way as all those who have gone before who stood up for Freedom.

Ernesto Che Guevara
Martin Luthar King
Marcus Garvey
Nelson Mandella
William Wallace
Sitting Bull
Mahatma Ghandi
Just to name a few.
Freedom of Speech IS a Birthright, NOT a Priviledge.

I may disapprove of what you say,but i'll Defend your Right to say it.