Author Topic: INDIA: Anti-Corruption Movements.Just another eyewash or a true mass movement?  (Read 6169 times)

Offline AdiChourasiya

• keep you eyes open.
"The decisive battle against corruption in India has begun",they say; but the question is obvious, why now?
Is it only due to the recent scams or the swiss money is just another "blame game" for our Politicians?
Discussion and views requested, weather you're allied to some party like Bharat Swabhimaan or india against corruption; weather you're Follower of Anna Hazare or critic of Baba Ramdev, corruption can not be denied and is affecting common mass and you.
Please don't hesitate to write and share.
Since it is a multilingual any language shall do, but it would be better if you can also translate in English to help more people aware of your point of view.
regards,
Adi
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:20:47 PM by potjeha »
don't blame me for what's coming.

Offline AdiChourasiya

• keep you eyes open.
Political corruption in India is a major concern. A 2005 study done by Transparency International in India found that more than 75% of the people had firsthand experience of paying bribe or peddling influence to get any type of job done in a public office. Taxes and bribes are a daily life fact, common between state borders; Transparency International estimates that truckers pay annually US$5 billion in bribes. For 2010, India was ranked 87th of 178 countries in Transparency International's Corruption Perceptions Index, which is huge setback for India.Enough of Facts, Figures or statics I guess people out there want justice.They are United.
How is it forming..let's have a look
1. India against corruption- headed and supported by many mass leaders/Icons with the statement "Jan Lokpal Bill is the solution"
2. Bharat Swabhiman- Headed by Yog Guru Baba Ramdev, supported by many with motto of "clean politics and administration"
3. BJP - Headed by many senior politicians with vision to eradicate the malpractices and reckless governance by the ruling Congress Party.
4. Choosna Band - Initiated by some NRI (what is in the name ;) ), but taking a huge step against bribery
5. Congress - Headed by Sonia Gandhi to expose the alleged corruptions of the BJP.
6. Janagraha/I paid a Bribe - Supported  by sri Ravishnkar and headed by R K SWAMY BBDO to suppress and remove bribing tendency
7. Anna Hazare ji - Against Swiss bank money and other demands against corruption, supported by India Against Corruption and Bharat swabhiman.
8. CPI(M)- Against recent scams/Congress/BJP

and lots of other online/offline parties and communities.But the question is whom to trust?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:26:37 AM by AdiChourasiya »

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:19:14 AM by AdiChourasiya »

Offline kundan

• New Member Group
if the moto n motives of all ,who are creating such hue and cry against corruption all of a sudden  ,is same ,and pure ,then why dont all join together and form a single movement ,why so many anti corruption ,why not baba radev is joining with anna hazare ji ,and why not bharat swabhimaan andolan ,merging with india against corruption,

or is this a simlest way to get a big gain and hand in politics and by making utilization of people emotions to gain easy entry to politics.. . :-[..
why only corruption ,why no one is standing against ,poverty ,child labour ,begging etc etc.....why not try to change the country by improving other aspects also .....

Offline routefire

Wow, great collection of links man.
 You seem really charged up about this. My idea is: We need some Indian version of WL to deal with this. A site that deals with both low and high level corruption. Regarding low level corruption, we can create a sort of a movement, say if a police inspector takes a bribe, and this is reported to the website, the website would in turn inspire people to demonstrate outside the police station. This will strike fear in the heart of the corrupt, and will greatly boost people's morale against corruption. What do you think?

I greatly respect many of the aforementioned people but I doubt if they can actually help in this matter. I mean anyone can wax nostalgic in general, but can they inspire a movement?  NO.
We need a mass movement to help the ailing Bharat Mata. Bribes are not as horrifying as things like rape cases. Everytime I think about the Ruchika Girhotra case, it just breaks my heart and soul. Ans this is an example where the case was brought to light and yet the * police chief escaped. There are thousands of Ruchika's who have lost all faith in this country.
We were bright sensitive kids who didn't fit into the dominant subculture and fiercely castigated those who did as irredeemable boneheads.

Offline AdiChourasiya

• keep you eyes open.
@Kundan ji and Routfire : Indeed one can assume the motive to be greed of power, but no-one can deny the power of purity of thoughts.(excuse me for being philosophical here ;) )"there is always a constant battle of good and evil inside human mind; efforts and condition both decides the winning side on that scene and the battle goes on".Guess this clarify my optimism towards this movement.If not see that  I clearly stated my intentions and doubts on the first paragraph.However I find myself biased towards the movement, and it is not a blind faith.
   I, as a left supporter believe that "corruption is not a cause but a symptom of the degrading socio-economic system". One might argue that "but corruption is a tool to corrupt the system.I beg to differ, "the system, we work in is already corrupt for the prime concern being profit." Corruption is a tool to exploit "Have nots", which is exercised not only in India but all over the world to by "Haves".
  Even if it's choosing "scrounger then mugger " we're on the winning side.It also sounds reasonable to vote on the basis of real problems like "corruption" instead of religious/regional basis.
if succeeded It will provide us a good environment to learn concept of "people before profit".

Offline AdiChourasiya

• keep you eyes open.
@Route fire: thanks for noticing the efforts.I agree on your Idea of "common free platform" against corruption, but since only 4.5% of population(India) have access to that compare to 75.8% in US, it will not be well justified; however Babaji has suggested radical "right to recall http://bharat-swabhiman.com/en/what-is-right-to-recall/" and Lokpal bill which will not only empower to resolve cases like Ruchika Girhotra,Satyendra Kumar Dubey, Sadhick Batcha  or Rajiv Dixit within time, but also to prevent them.
  The people I enlisted are respectable around India and Anna Hazare is one of the leading figures who championed the cause of Right to Information Act in India, and so on.They have what it takes to be a mass leader.If you don't think so, I'll be enlighten to know the reason.
  Also, Unless corruption is resolved how do you even expect to have a justice in first hand? Even if it's a Rape case/ Murder / Riots / poverty / child labour / begging......(list goes on)
Hope you get what I'm trying to say, if not please let me know, I'm also confused in many aspects...the first question is "why now?"

Offline AdiChourasiya

• keep you eyes open.
For justification on current trend of Indian Governance I have a Comparison from text http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/apr/24/usa.comment

Fascist America in Ten Steps (2007)
Naomi Wolf

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy.[Recession.Iraq/Naxals.Pakistan/China]
   2. Create secret prisons where torture takes place.[new orleans/ "anywhere in India" (Unfortunately it's a not a secret) ]
   3. Develop a thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens.[FBI/CPF]
   4. Set up an internal surveillance system.[Homeland/CBI]
   5. Harass citizens' groups.["potential terrorist" ."potential terrorist "]
   6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release.[Brandon Mayfield. Bradley E. Manning/"we murder victims and witness"]
   7. Target key individuals.[Osama.Saddam/......Extremist in Kashmir ]
   8. Control the press.[All print and electronic media in both cases]
   9. Treat all political dissidents as traitors.[Common sense]
  10. Suspend the rule of law.[enforcing a state of emergency]

Please share this thread by liking it, you can contact me on http://www.facebook.com/adichourasiya .
This is a great cause, it's inevitable but the process need acceleration , which we can provide.  :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 03:29:04 AM by AdiChourasiya »

Offline routefire

@Route fire: thanks for noticing the efforts.I agree on your Idea of "common free platform" against corruption, but since only 4.5% of population(India) have access to that compare to 75.8% in US, it will not be well justified; however Babaji has suggested radical "right to recall http://bharat-swabhiman.com/en/what-is-right-to-recall/" and Lokpal bill which will not only empower to resolve cases like Ruchika Girhotra,Satyendra Kumar Dubey, Sadhick Batcha  or Rajiv Dixit within time, but also to prevent them.
  The people I enlisted are respectable around India and Anna Hazare is one of the leading figures who championed the cause of Right to Information Act in India, and so on.They have what it takes to be a mass leader.If you don't think so, I'll be enlighten to know the reason.

Again I greatly respect these people, but I feel that the youth needs a spirit, and not everyone can spark a fire. Acts like RTI are HUGE positive steps, but quite simply, are they enough??? I mean we need some sort of a 'fundamental' change in the governance that transcends the creation of transparency laws. It is not the policies that are at fault, but the people who implement them. After the cold blooded murders of RTI activists, which brave soul would be willing to re engage ?

Thanks for the RTR act link, seems interesting. And yes I thought of the Internet statistics too, but in a country like India where word of mouth is the primary source of comm., I consider this not much of an issue.
We were bright sensitive kids who didn't fit into the dominant subculture and fiercely castigated those who did as irredeemable boneheads.