Author Topic: "Reputation" sytem replaced with "Like / Unlike"  (Read 2291 times)

Z

"Reputation" sytem replaced with "Like / Unlike"
« on: November 04, 2011, 20:53:50 PM »
This is just to inform our members that we replaced the "reputation" system with a better, far more advanced mod called " like/unlike ".

Offline Schlafendwolf

• Arius Schlafendwolf
Re: "Reputation" sytem replaced with "Like / Unlike"
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 21:02:54 PM »
Why replace it Z ?

I quite liked the reputation system, and 'like' 'unlike' sounds a bit like a You Tube rip off !
Lack of fear is the road to truth,
Truth is the basis of information,
Information is the key to power.

Do not be afraid.

Z

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 21:07:19 PM »
unfortunately the system was being abused by some members by swapping or clicking contstantly adding to a certain persons reputation thus giving very obscured and incorrect view of who has the most reputation points.

The new system lets another user " like " a post instead of the person and this can only be done once.

Z

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 21:20:38 PM »
Also the idea of adding to the "liking" a "post" instead of a "person" make more sense.

greekemmy

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 21:55:47 PM »
Yes, I remember there have been changes attempted before in this issue, let's give this system a try and see how it works.

Schlafendwolf, As the forum membership grows and grows it is understandable that things will be changing. It is nice to be liked :) and the reputation points was a lovely thing to be able to do for someone you liked reading their posts, sure. But at the same time is it necessary to carry these applauds for ever and ever? I remember a time when another idea prevailed for a while and we could take karma points off as well as applaud someone, my goodness what fuss we all made over it... I still shudder...   ;)

Of course, we would still like to have a bit of fun at the forum too, so where have all my lovely emoticons gone? that's what I'd like to know - lol (please can we keep at least the basic ones - they are such fun)