Author Topic: Police and government coruption in Malaysia  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Dannyth87

• New Member Group
Police and government coruption in Malaysia
« on: November 29, 2011, 03:11:28 AM »
Malysia is a country on the move. However I have been working here for over two years now, and it is sad to say that police corruption is wide spread it is accepted as daily life. I have a friend who opened a language centre over three years ago. This person who I will not name wanted to do everything above board. This is where the problem started everyone from the bomba(fire department) to the board of education want fees. This however was all done under the table under the pretence of 'discounted fines' paid in cash. This is by no means where it ends. Police routinly step up patrols at the end of the month to and I quote a police officer " to get more money, because we are only paid the national minimum wage. If you are speeding you are not required to report to a police station or formally charged. instead a cover charge of 50 ringgit is all it takes to make it go away. The final damming point is that if you need a driving license you need only pay 250 ringgit and you have a legally binding one. Malaysia likje to put across the one malaysia tag, but sadly it comes nowhere near living up to it.

Offline Expatscoucer

• New Member Group
Re: Police and government coruption in Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 05:21:55 AM »
I drove my belongings in a 5th wheel camper to Mexico City.  8 checkpoints and two shakedowns, we made it to my new home.  Show me the sign and where it says it is against the law, crumpled them.  I dare you to write a ticket and sign it won every time.  The world and human nature are fluid.  If we don't let Julian clear the thrombosis we are all dead.