Author Topic: Looking for new Mods  (Read 4332 times)

Z

Looking for new Mods
« on: December 14, 2011, 17:44:20 PM »
The forum is currently looking for new mods to expand the existing team. Anyone with forum moderation experience can apply. We are also looking for Chinese native speakers to help moderate the Chinese language board. Please leave a message either here or send a PM to any of the admins.

thanx

Z

Offline bulanel

• New Member Group
Re: Looking for new Mods
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 17:59:00 PM »
Hello there,

If you need some Romanian mods I can help you! I don't have much experience in forum moderation but I have a lot of knowledge in programming. 

Offline sedufia

• New Member Group
  • like the wind
    • GlozzBey
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 18:01:39 PM »
I don't have any forum moderation experience, but I do have leadership and retail management experience. For what its worth I would like to contribute in any way that I can.

Best Wishes,
M
“Time is a factory where everyone slaves away earning enough love to break their own chains.”
Haviz

Offline bluelizard

• New Member Group
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 18:02:50 PM »
I am interested and I do have some forum experiences. I am more than happy to help Wikileaks!

Offline vanik

• New Member Group
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 18:04:45 PM »
im in

Offline UB91

• New Member Group
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 18:07:42 PM »
Hello.
I'm from Romania..I moderated on few forums. If you want to hear more information about me let me know.
Looking forward for your reply though ..

Offline rahul

• New Member Group
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 18:20:26 PM »
 :police:I am from India. I had moderated posts on forums like Civil Guerilla Liberation Movement, and other redsites that were around between 2003-04. Though I have a little knowledge in hardcore programming, I would be able to moderate the posts.

edit:posts*

Offline chineseguyfawkes

• New Member Group
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 18:39:34 PM »
I am a F.5 (around High School Year 2 in US?) student from Hong Kong. Native in Chinese, and fluent in English. I have no experience whatsoever with online forums, but is eager to contribute my part. I am acquainted with people who are familiar with computers and HK Local forums, I wouldn't mind helping you trying to recruit them, but their linguistic ability might not be up to par. If required, I believe I can at least check over stuff daily.

(I posted this on the Chinese topic already... but just in case...)

Offline rbonifaz

• My personal blog (Spanish)
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 18:50:23 PM »
Hi, my name is Rafael Bonifaz and I am from Ecuador. My English is not perfect but I can communicate :). My native language is Spanish.

The short answer I have experience working with local and global communities. I was community manager of the free software Elastix where I worked with a worldwide community as big as 40000 in the forum area. I would be more than glad to help moderate the Wikileaks Forums.

The long answer:

Since 2003 I have participate in Free Software Communities around the world. On the year 2005 I started to do some activism in favor of Free Software.
From then on I started having experience as community leader and became the first president of the Free Software Association of Ecuador. I have participated on other Free Software Communities in my country, around Latin America and sometimes worldwide. I also was one of the persons who lead the camping against Microsoft standard OOXML where Ecuador was on of the four countries in the whole world that voted against that "standard'.
In year 2008 I started working as Community Manager of the Free Software project Elastix. There I started working with a forum of around 3500 people and by March 2011 we had around 40000 worldwide.

Since I use the Internet I have found 2 things that really change my way of seeing things: Free Software and Wikileaks. I can be really passionate about this two things and I can give the best effort to defend this ideals. I also have forum moderation experience and I have learn how to deal with conflicts, not get offended by members of the forums and mediate.

This is my first post in the forum, but I have being active promoting Wikileaks in my country using social networks as Identica, Twitter and Facebook. This is my first post in the forums, but please feel free to google: "Rafael Bonifaz", "Rafael Bonifaz" Wikileaks, "Rafael Bonifaz" Elastix, etc... Most of the my Internet activism has been in Spanish, but in Elastix most of my worked was in English.

Also you can take a look to my Linkedin profile.

Best regards from Ecuador,

Rafael

Offline prodigyashi

• New Member Group
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 19:12:01 PM »
Hey there,

i am ashish , From India.. i am in as this is the only way i could see my nation and my world free from Corruption.

i am Student and i have a strong network and i could influence people and Will try my best to get into this novel Cause...

Live Free Die Hard

Ashish Patial

From India

PS : Vision a Better World.

TrxiZ

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 19:16:41 PM »
hey Z what gotta Mod to do?

Offline FourthSurvivor

• New Member Group
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 22:04:50 PM »
Hello, I'd like to apply to become a moderator. I've created/moderated and participated in several forums, and believe my skills would be useful here. I've also been known to be quite the "peacekeeper", and am very fair to everyone.

Regards,
The Fourth Survivor

Offline C

• Panoplia Propheticus
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 01:34:21 AM »
Thank you all for your posts :)

we will contact everyone within the next 3 days.

:)
Communication is life, lying is art, deflection is business, detection is skill.