Author Topic: Bradley Manning: Whistlelower Daniel Ellsberg on Alleged WikiLeaks  (Read 3714 times)

greekemmy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyQuWCJO_FI&feature=g-all-u&context=G28d7823FAAAAAAAAAAA

Alleged U.S. Army whistleblower Private Bradley Manning is scheduled to make his first court appearance today after being held for more more than a year-and-a-half by the U.S. military. Manning is suspected of leaking hundreds of thousands of secret U.S. diplomatic cables to the whistleblowing website WikiLeaks in the biggest leak of classified U.S. documents in history. For more, Democracy Now! talks to perhaps the nation's most famous whistleblower, Daniel Ellsberg, and go to Ft. Meade, Maryland for a brief update on a rally in support of Manning outside the base where he'll appear. Noting that the WikiLeaks revelations helped spark the Arab Spring and in turn the Occupy Wall Street movement, Ellsberg offers this qualified praise if Manning indeed committed the leak of which he stands accused: "The Time magazine cover gives protester--an anonymous protester--as 'Person of the Year,' but it's possible to put a face and a name to that picture. And the American face I would put on that is Private Bradley Manning."

To watch the complete daily, independent news hour, read the transcript, download the podcast, and for more information about Bradley Manning and WikiLeaks, visit http://www.democracynow.org/tags/wikileaks

Offline officegunner

Re: Bradley Manning: Whistlelower Daniel Ellsberg on Alleged WikiLeaks
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 17:32:41 PM »
Free him fr GWD SAKE. he did nothing wrong.

greekemmy

Re: Bradley Manning: Whistlelower Daniel Ellsberg on Alleged WikiLeaks
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 23:48:40 PM »
@officegunner

I am so grateful Daniel Ellsberg is around and he speaks out for Bradley Manning and Julian Assange/WL. What has happened to other voices, where is pluralism, where is public debate on the issue. Prosperity brings complaicency, it has been said and I would agree but as this economic crisis spreads it might wake up consciences in the Western world.

Let's keep supporting them.