Author Topic: julian assange's video interviews with english subtitles  (Read 2002 times)

Offline banana smothie

• New Member Group
julian assange's video interviews with english subtitles
« on: January 03, 2012, 05:55:09 AM »
can somebody post julian assange's collection of video interviews complete with english subtitles? clearly english is not my mother tongue so i find it hard to catch all the accents without the aid of subtitles. i need english subtitles for a clearer understanding and i'm sure lots of people from all around the globe would appreciate the same too. thank you!

TrxiZ

Re: julian assange's video interviews with english subtitles
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 13:50:49 PM »
there are a lot of interviews do you mean some specifics?

have you searched in youtube, "julian assange english subbed" `?

regz
TrxiZ

Nomad112

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 15:19:47 PM »
I also think that you to some interviews will be able to find transcripts which would probably be about as helpful as subtitles.

Green

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 17:43:27 PM »
Here is one video with subtitles for you:

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/julian_assange_why_the_world_needs_wikileaks.html

You will have to choose from a drop down menu from 43 languages. Also there is on the right-hand side another drop down option with a full transcript of the interview in English.

A description of the video content is provided below:

"The controversial website WikiLeaks collects and posts highly classified documents and video. Founder Julian Assange, who's reportedly being sought for questioning by US authorities, talks to TED's Chris Anderson about how the site operates, what it has accomplished -- and what drives him. The interview includes graphic footage of a recent US airstrike in Baghdad."

Indeed, it would be great if something similar was done for all his speeches/interviews. One day... :)